May 27, 2018, 09:03:13 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 111640 times)

December 03, 2017, 11:28:09 PM
Reply #105

Mayor Farnum

He's made up to be here.

That's all I want really. A manager who knows how big this job is and will do anything he can to make it work.

He's said all the right things and showed a lot of humility so I'm willing to let my preconceived ideas go and see what the next 18 months will bring.

Yet you used the word corrupt when outlining your objection to him.

December 03, 2017, 11:29:54 PM
Reply #106

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yet you used the word corrupt when outlining your objection to him.

I don't see what that has to do with anything pal?

December 03, 2017, 11:32:35 PM
Reply #107

KoemansNumberTens

He's made up to be here.

That's all I want really. A manager who knows how big this job is and will do anything he can to make it work.

He's said all the right things and showed a lot of humility so I'm willing to let my preconceived ideas go and see what the next 18 months will bring.

I like him. Think he's passionate, aggressive and fiercely protective of his own abilities and his teams. I think he's 1 of them who annoys the fuck out of you when he's against you but the sort of character you want on your side. Think if we give him a fair chance we'll grow to appreciate him

December 03, 2017, 11:34:15 PM
Reply #108

Mayor Farnum

I don't see what that has to do with anything pal?

If your objection to him becoming our manager was because you thought him corrupt surely he is still corrupt now. I can't see what he's done in four days to remove the perceived stain of corruption.

December 03, 2017, 11:40:53 PM
Reply #109

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If your objection to him becoming our manager was because you thought him corrupt surely he is still corrupt now. I can't see what he's done in four days to remove the perceived stain of corruption.

He's become Everton manager and won us a game of football.

Mad how us football fans choose to ignore certain things for the sake of their team doing well.

December 03, 2017, 11:43:02 PM
Reply #110

KoemansNumberTens

Don't think anyone's real objection was that he was corrupt, had a fat head or liked money. I think people just didn't rate him mainly IMO cos he's not a fashionable choice
If he does well no one will care if he takes a shit in both goalmouths before each game

December 04, 2017, 12:03:17 AM
Reply #111

kiwiblue65

Yeah agree. Probably as underwhelming appointment as there could be all things considered (from a personal POV). I've been watching his sides for a decade and they're mind numbing.

But he's here and that's that. I would have liked him to have had a decent record at either of the larger clubs he's bin at, but it is what it is.

I'm astonished at the mans hubris considering he's not actually done anything, so I'm hoping that this can be used to his benefit.

Like I said he's here and that's that. I'll be rooting for him like I would any other manager. Fingers crossed he starts like a house on fire and we snake 3 points of the neighbours, that would go a hell of a long way for many fans.
Have you really been watching his team's or just following the flock. He has put together some strong teams with poor players generally. Thisan is understated mainy because he is English. I think he will bring back to where we want be and be long term.

December 04, 2017, 12:04:09 AM
Reply #112

kiwiblue65

December 04, 2017, 02:03:33 AM
Reply #113

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Impressed so far myself.

Obviously the series of events have made it easier to swallow - Atalanta, Southampton, Unsworth, Links to O’Neill, two back to back clean sheets with 6 Goals scored...I feel a bit more relaxed about Everton which is nice.

Not sure how long I can ignore him calling Gylfi Sigurdsson ‘Gundi’ however.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 04, 2017, 02:52:18 AM
Reply #114

Cozzie

Impressed so far myself.

Obviously the series of events have made it easier to swallow - Atalanta, Southampton, Unsworth, Links to O’Neill, two back to back clean sheets with 6 Goals scored...I feel a bit more relaxed about Everton which is nice.

Not sure how long I can ignore him calling Gylfi Sigurdsson ‘Gundi’ however.

Gudni he called him didn't he?

My guess he is getting him confused with Gudni Berrgson who I am sure he managed at Bolton.

December 04, 2017, 03:16:50 AM
Reply #115

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gudni he called him didn't he?

My guess he is getting him confused with Gudni Berrgson who I am sure he managed at Bolton.

Superb stuff. Nowhere near joe kinnear level yet but on the right track.

That said, he may not know his name but I liked all that stuff about pushing him up behind the striker so he can arrive in the box - its about bloody time. Really looking forward to what he can produce over the rest of the season.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 04, 2017, 04:44:29 AM
Reply #116

kramer0

He had our defense holding a near perfect line after only two days in training.

That should be personally embarrassing for Koeman. He'd still have a job if we had been remotely organized this season.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:52:20 AM by kramer0 »

December 04, 2017, 05:04:50 AM
Reply #117

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

December 04, 2017, 05:12:36 AM
Reply #118

Bluedylan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/03/sam-allardyce-plans-appoint-evertons-first-club-psychologist/

Never known a man to have such a u-turn from saying you would sack the club off when Allardyce was linked to becoming his biggest cheerleader.

Not having a pop like. It shows you're open minded.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 04, 2017, 05:14:34 AM
Reply #119

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: