June 22, 2018, 08:42:23 PM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 19797 times)

February 04, 2018, 10:13:25 PM
Reply #300

Lxxx

Got a link mate?

https://twitter.com/matt5cott/status/959936071462277120

February 04, 2018, 10:41:18 PM
Reply #301

Martip

February 04, 2018, 10:43:50 PM
Reply #302

Lxxx

I miss the days when we did proper due diligence before spending a penny on players.

February 04, 2018, 10:45:56 PM
Reply #303

KoemansNumberTens

I miss the days when we did proper due diligence before spending a penny on players.

Our policy at least in terms of big signings looks utterly ridiculous. Must be nearly impossible to get so many expensive signings so wrong

February 04, 2018, 10:53:11 PM
Reply #304

sam of the south

Jesus, poor lad.

What with him and Lennon, Everton is looking like a lovely place to play your football right now.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 04, 2018, 11:03:42 PM
Reply #305

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure Allardyce calling him pathetic and crap will do him the world of good.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 04, 2018, 11:08:24 PM
Reply #306

Lxxx

I'm sure Allardyce calling him pathetic and crap will do him the world of good.

I imagine Sam's thoughts on that would be something along the lines of 'man up' and take your criticism. When what he probably needs is a bit of Pochettino love, as I read he drops in on players houses who are struggling and takes them out for dinner to try and build them up that way.

February 04, 2018, 11:11:10 PM
Reply #307

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I imagine Sam's thoughts on that would be something along the lines of 'man up' and take your criticism. When what he probably needs is a bit of Pochettino love, as I read he drops in on players houses who are struggling and takes them out for dinner to try and build them up that way.

Did that sports psychologist ever fucking turn up?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 04, 2018, 11:13:49 PM
Reply #308

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I still have faith in the lad. He started pretty well for us. He should look at how Jags Everton career started, and how he overcame his poor form and became one of our best defenders of modern times.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 04, 2018, 11:20:58 PM
Reply #309

Cozzie

It's not a mentality thing, he just doesn't look good enough to me.

February 04, 2018, 11:23:05 PM
Reply #310

blue slug

Itís weird as he was rated high at Man Utd and has been great for Burnley then comes to us and all of sudden canít handle the pressure

February 04, 2018, 11:23:41 PM
Reply #311

Mayor Farnum

Keane has been shit from day one. What was his excuse back then?

February 04, 2018, 11:27:27 PM
Reply #312

kramer0

Someone else on TEF mentioned that the cut on his foot -- the nasty one he got during the Sunderland match -- still hasn't healed.

Something like that could certainly play a part in why he's looked so uncomfortable defending in space. Could also play a part in having a tough time mentally as well.

We may have paid too much but I have time for Keane. He's young enough to sort out whatever problems he's having currently. (Plus, I really think he looks useful on the ball. Would be nice to have a big CB with the ability to play out from the back some. Has to sort the positioning and 1 v. 1 defending first, though.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:38:28 PM by kramer0 »

February 04, 2018, 11:35:36 PM
Reply #313

KoemansNumberTens

He's really quite crap. He didn't start well. He just had a long period where people were willing to blame all the other defenders for his poor form. Turns out he was the worst 1.

Now if he's genuinely ill we need to take him out of the team and get him help. If he's just lost his confidence cos he's crap well I can't really be feeling too sorry for him while he picks up millions.

Oh and surely if a player is highly rated by Utd they don't end up playing for Burnley in the championship. Utd didn't rate him. No one above us wanted him. We should have signed McGuire. Half the cost and twice the player

February 04, 2018, 11:36:28 PM
Reply #314

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Itís weird as he was rated high at Man Utd and has been great for Burnley then comes to us and all of sudden canít handle the pressure

Never really played first team at Utd and wasnít a £30m but at Burnley.

Itís not easy playing for us as there is a lot more pressure than many people realise.