May 28, 2018, 02:54:17 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 16323 times)

December 30, 2017, 09:53:26 PM
Reply #420

starblood

Jogging while never once anticipating the next passage of play and glancing behind him for danger.
Been the same all season. And it's nothing to do with form. It's lack of effort and why he got cheered on substitution against Swansea.

We're not mugs!

December 30, 2017, 09:53:39 PM
Reply #421

kramer0

I don't see how you can bemoan our lack of forward passing then pick this midfield.

And I don't see how you can think N'Zonzi is the solution. Gana/Schneiderlin/McCarthy can nail simple passes to the other midfielders. We need someone who takes the ball off of them and finds the attackers. Right now, Rooney is the only player who does that with any sort of consistency.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:59:01 PM by kramer0 »

December 30, 2017, 09:54:29 PM
Reply #422

howard1334

One bad error and they score, not the manager's fault.

Game plan out the window now. Changes at HT rather then last 20 mins.

I think that goal is the manager's fault -- at least in part. When you start a player who has made one real appearance in like a year, play super defensively, don't have possession, and offer no attacking threat, you invite errors like that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:56:46 PM by howard1334 »

December 30, 2017, 09:54:33 PM
Reply #423

Dreggs

Dire performance... Must be 2 subs on at half time
Jobs, Homes, Friends, Family and Women
will always come and go...

Only one thing will be with me for every day
I breathe on this earth...  "EVERTON FC"

December 30, 2017, 09:54:45 PM
Reply #424

KoemansNumberTens

Was dreadful wasn't it. I do think he thinks he's not got many decent options in attacking positions though.

Don't think any of us will put up with this in the longer term but I'm hopeful we'll be playing very differently after the window

We really do have a lot of crap in attacking positions. We carry no threat from anywhere. Not from full back, not from the wings, not from our many 10s and certainly not from DCL.

December 30, 2017, 09:54:51 PM
Reply #425

Macca77

What game plan, to get another 0-0?

December 30, 2017, 09:54:59 PM
Reply #426

Shogun

Administrator

Wasn't the mistake by the bang average player that Sam put in the team after six years out injured?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 30, 2017, 09:56:37 PM
Reply #427

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Six halves of football without having a goal, with one shot on target.

December 30, 2017, 09:56:52 PM
Reply #428

School of Science

.can't understand why McCarthy didn't just kick that ball out of play, Gaye was down injured right next to him, appalling decision to pass back. Having said that we have been crap, Bolasie and Rooney on at half time, for a start.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 30, 2017, 09:58:42 PM
Reply #429

Robioto

I haven't watched, but playing Gana, McCarthy and Schneiderlin on paper against Bournemouth is depressingly negative.

December 30, 2017, 09:59:57 PM
Reply #430

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Can't defend his team selection and tactics at all, hes clueless
d

What do you know about his tactics then ?

December 30, 2017, 10:00:11 PM
Reply #431

WeimaranerBlues

No matter  how many games we have had over this period, and forgetting the last 2 0-0's  no way has McCarthy warranted a starting place in this squad  ---even if others need a rest , he is so far of the pace,,, that said   so has everyone

2 subs Davies and Rooney for MCcarthy & Morgs

December 30, 2017, 10:00:17 PM
Reply #432

everton1952

This is Sam's first opportunity to see how good McCarthy is. He said he has to use the squad over so many games in a short spell. To be fair McCarthy has to be rusty , but we know he is shite anyway. Rooney who is not fit for 90 mins will come on. Sam has rightly binned Davies, yet he is still on the bench and Vlasic and Besic are not be seen. They must be terrible in training to be behind Davies. I forecast a defeat here because our luck has to run out sometime and they are desperate. Everton are ideal opponents for them. Roll on the squad additions hopefully by mid January. It is not worth judging this lot.

December 30, 2017, 10:00:19 PM
Reply #433

sam of the south

Six halves of football without having a goal, with one shot on target.

Fucking hell.

That makes Koeman look expansive, sort of (and not just in the waistline)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 30, 2017, 10:01:05 PM
Reply #434

KoemansNumberTens

I'd let Swansea have Sigurdsson back on the first for what he's actually worth. 25m

It's not that he's bad. He's just functional. Just a plodder who's convinced people he's a playmaker by being on every set piece