Result?

Everton Win
47 (85.5%)
Draw
7 (12.7%)
Swansea Win
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Everton v Swansea  (Read 22623 times)

January 12, 2013, 11:17:26 PM
Reply #270

Danny

Anyone who can defend that by saying
Swansea defended well
We played good stuff
Another day we'd of scored......

Must not have ambition or should i say confidence in us going for 4th. Yes Swansea did defend well. Yes we did pass well and look good...but it just is all for nothing if you don't pick up the points.

Suppose its just a reality check for me....we're not good enough unless we'v got our first 11 out week after week. Our bench must be the weakest in the PL. And to top it off... It could easily be rectified with just a little help from our dismal board.

Moyes and others WILL go at the end of the season.

Just fuming.... Oh and to top it off... Unless he can bring 2/3 in Liverpool will en up above us this season!

I don't, I think we'll finish 6th behind the current 2 and Arsenal. We aren't clinical enough in games like this but that doesn't change the fact that Swansea defended well.

January 12, 2013, 11:19:33 PM
Reply #271

steve81

Nor can Naismith it seems.
i hope he can turn it round but i havent seen any glimpse to say he can do it. Can anyone else remember a match where he has played well as i cant

January 12, 2013, 11:23:25 PM
Reply #272

The Analog Kid

Sitting through that in that cold was torture. Must move seats next season.

January 12, 2013, 11:23:51 PM
Reply #273

Thornton_19

In the bigger picture we've taken 4 points off Swansea this season, its not that bad. Teams around us will drop points as well.

Some people on here are the most pessimistic dullards on the planet. One draw and in seems life as we know it is over.

January 12, 2013, 11:25:30 PM
Reply #274

steve81

In the bigger picture we've taken 4 points off Swansea this season, its not that bad. Teams around us will drop points as well.

Some people on here are the most pessimistic dullards on the planet. One draw and in seems life as we know it is over.
i think we are desperate for success mate and feel like its an opportunity missed drawing at home

January 12, 2013, 11:26:03 PM
Reply #275

dazfrancis

I don't understand how he thinks on current form Naismith is doing better on the right wing than Oviedo though? yes Oviedo sometimes looks lost out there but Naismith seems to make the wrong decision and often the wrong execution of everything at the moment.

I personally would have given Kennedy a go ahead of Naismith, he can't be any worse at the moment no matter how inexperienced or young he is. He is playing so poorly, if Moyes would be prepared to give younger players at least a little chance ahead of players who a clearly playing shite it might give them a kick up the arse.

I don't want to write Naismith off just yet but for me he doesn't justify why he's being brought on as a sub

January 12, 2013, 11:29:32 PM
Reply #276

Shogun

Administrator
don't understand why you think Oviedo can do a job on the right - has only played there few minutes for us - and never impressed there. He looks and probably feels were uncomfortably there
I don't, I think he'd do a less worse job than Naismith though who's played their every minute and hasn't look good. I'm a fan of Naismith but he's in horrific form.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 12, 2013, 11:30:07 PM
Reply #277

blob

well said.

and if we'd put away the 5 or 6 good chances we had, opinion on here would be completely different, even though the overall play had been exactly the same.

fickle.

January 12, 2013, 11:30:35 PM
Reply #278

Thornton_19

i think we are desperate for success mate and feel like its an opportunity missed drawing at home

Yeah the lovely trophy we'd get for finishing fourth would be terrific.

January 12, 2013, 11:34:25 PM
Reply #279

Danny

This, I can see why people are frustrated but were still doing fairly well and aslong as were in touch by the end of January i'd fancy our chances to put some good form together.

January 12, 2013, 11:35:11 PM
Reply #280

GrantyBoy78

Thing is, top teams like Man U have played like we did today and it's only when they've brought on a fresh, world class striker and winger off the bench, that they've had enough to get the win. We dont have that luxury.

January 12, 2013, 11:35:45 PM
Reply #281

dazfrancis

Yeah the lovely trophy we'd get for finishing fourth would be terrific.

That's not the point is it? Getting into the Champions league is within our grasp why should we not want it

January 12, 2013, 11:36:47 PM
Reply #282

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I don't, I think he'd do a less worse job than Naismith though who's played their every minute and hasn't look good. I'm a fan of Naismith but he's in horrific form.
Agree with the Naismith bit - not Oviedo though

January 12, 2013, 11:37:22 PM
Reply #283

dazfrancis

Thing is, top teams like Man U have played like we did today and it's only when they've brought on a fresh, world class striker and winger off the bench, that they've had enough to get the win. We dont have that luxury.

Our subs aren't able to change a game for us.

January 12, 2013, 11:38:11 PM
Reply #284

steve81

@EvertonMoyes: "I thought we had three or four good opportunities but I couldn’t turn around and say anyone missed a real sitte
@EvertonMoyes: "We are frustrated. We needed to play a bit better, pass it a bit quicker and be a bit cleverer in the final third.