Result?

Everton Win
47 (85.5%)
Draw
7 (12.7%)
Swansea Win
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Everton v Swansea  (Read 22531 times)

January 12, 2013, 11:38:24 PM
Reply #285

Thornton_19

That's not the point is it? Getting into the Champions league is within our grasp why should we not want it

Never said I don't want it did I? People though defining that as success are grim, yes it would be good for the club but success is winning something not be able to say 'Yay we qualified for a tournement!' I'd rather win the FA Cup and finish 12th than finish 4th.

January 12, 2013, 11:42:14 PM
Reply #286

American Evertonian

Realistically I would have loved 3 pts but I'm not as upset as most on here seem to be.

We created chances and had a couple cleared off the line.
Swans were always content on sitting back and did a good job putting enough in the box to limit our chances on crosses.
Moyes made subs earlier than he typically does.

Points dropped none the less but against a team playing well I can't complain.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

January 12, 2013, 11:43:21 PM
Reply #287

dazfrancis

Never said I don't want it did I? People though defining that as success are grim, yes it would be good for the club but success is winning something not be able to say 'Yay we qualified for a tournement!' I'd rather win the FA Cup and finish 12th than finish 4th.

I understand your position but if you make to the group stages it's massive financial boost for the club too and we'd be able to keep our most coveted players

January 12, 2013, 11:43:24 PM
Reply #288

Danny

also we still have injuries, Neville and Naismith wouldn't have started if Mirallas and Gibson were fit and Coleman is just coming back.

January 12, 2013, 11:44:58 PM
Reply #289

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
what a non-event that game was

boring, cold, and boring
and boring  ;)  Never ever seen a Laudrup team being so afraid of playing football - and we wasnt able to do it today

January 12, 2013, 11:45:23 PM
Reply #290

indiantoffee1975

I think come the end of the season we'll end up with something like this if we carry on our current form

W   D   L
16  16   6

Putting us on around 64 points. Probably good enough for 6th perhaps 5th.

January 12, 2013, 11:45:24 PM
Reply #291

MmmBlueRamirez

Worst

Game

Ever

Sent from Überwald via the clacks
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 12, 2013, 11:49:52 PM
Reply #292

steve81

is that our first 0-0 draw since wolves away

January 12, 2013, 11:51:14 PM
Reply #293

dazfrancis

Couple of things about that match highlight what frustrates me most about us at the moment

I wish Moyes would play Fellaini deeper from the start of the Match as he doesn't have the guile to make killer passes in and around the area. Osman would be much better off in that position IMO.

Also we were so unablanced with all our attacks coming down the left Swansea knew exactly what was going to happen. Anichebe was drifting inside and Coleman had no-one to play off. Naismith the comes on and doesn't manage to link up with Coleman or do anything himself. At least when Anichebe was on he would be able to do someting when he came inside

Jelavic, despite getting into some good positions early on and being unlucky not to score was looking a bit like a rag doll and you could see as the game went on he was less likely to score. I would have taken him off and kept Anichebe on

January 12, 2013, 11:53:21 PM
Reply #294

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Earlier on I slated John Merro for saying Swansea would park the bus. Apologies to him, that was some expert bus parking from the Swans!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 13, 2013, 12:05:12 AM
Reply #295

The Analog Kid

and boring  ;)  Never ever seen a Laudrup team being so afraid of playing football - and we wasnt able to do it today

They weren't arsed in the slightest about scoring. When we had the ball we began an attack and got to the 18 yard box and stopped.

And it was cold.

January 13, 2013, 01:42:51 AM
Reply #296

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I predict the racist man who sits near me will call michu something. What are the racial stereotypes for Spaniards?  he will also make several terrible jokes to nobody in particular, refer to Phil Neville as ' skipper' and ' snapper' and if his little fat turtle mate is there, and God forbid the female linesman is running the line, that guy will spend the entire time being a complete jerk about women.

and Everton will win, and my scorecast will come off...unless michu scores first, because I can't bet on someone to score against us.

3-1 moyes has their number - jela, pienaar and victor.

if anyone is interested, he went with Spanish prick, which is kind of vanilla compared to ' fucking fried rice' and ' fucking kung fu expert' which is what was aimed at shinji kagawa. although he also said Victor should ' go and carry a bucket or something' makes of that what you will.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 13, 2013, 02:30:40 AM
Reply #297

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I was surprised at how defensive they were.

Obviously they were worried about exposing themselves like they did at the liberty.

Can't knock them for it but I was expecting a more open, exciting game.

January 13, 2013, 03:59:28 AM
Reply #298

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
if anyone is interested, he went with Spanish prick, which is kind of vanilla compared to ' fucking fried rice' and ' fucking kung fu expert' which is what was aimed at shinji kagawa. although he also said Victor should ' go and carry a bucket or something' makes of that what you will.

He sounds like a right beaut

Sent via carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

January 13, 2013, 04:31:14 AM
Reply #299

MRB85

Swansea were absolute garbage.  They played like a Championship side in an away cup tie. We failed to win because Jelavic is the new Saha, and we got lulled into playing the first hour at their pedestrian, purposeless pace.  Benitez said after the midweek LC semi that 9 times out of 10 Chelsea would have beaten Swansea on the play on the night.  I'd say the same about that match today.  We ran the midfield, were totally untroubled at the back, had the beating of them in the air and had Coleman looking like he could rip them apart if given the ball more.  Why we created so few clear chances is therefore something of a mystery.

I thought we played OK but failed to up the tempo sufficiently.  Some of our football was again top draw. The ability of Osman, Pienaar and Baines to hold the ball and work it in tight situations is a pleasure to behold at times.  But we urgently need Jelavic to find his shooting boots or even the Europa Cup will be a long shot.

I'm also detecting a gradual withdrawal of Moyes's conversion to attacking play. We're getting fewer players up to support Jelavic and crowd into the box.  Moyes has always gone defensive the closer we've come to achieving something.  Let's hope he's not going the same way again. To have any chance of 4th, at some point we've got to put a run of wins together.  Unfortunately its now 3 years since Moyes has done this in the League so the signs are not good.  Failing that we've got to win one or two of the 6 pointers at Anfield, Arsenal and Spurs.
 To