December 13, 2017, 04:01:10 AM

Author Topic: Panorama  (Read 6437 times)

November 06, 2017, 02:37:55 AM
Reply #75

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

deCoubertin

November 06, 2017, 03:47:25 AM
Reply #76

chang

November 06, 2017, 03:56:27 AM
Reply #77

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

November 06, 2017, 04:08:28 AM
Reply #78

gizzblue

I don't understand why it's even made it to Panorama. It's really not that big a deal to anyone outside of football and even most people in it. Clearly Usmanov and his business colleagues have upset someone within the establishment who want to make a show of him. That's usually how the BBC work.
It will be Kronkamp the twat .

November 06, 2017, 04:11:58 AM
Reply #79

Simon Paul

Administrator
I still don't understand why, if Usmanov had gifted the shares to Moshiri, they aren't classed as his?

I was gifted a share in Everton, which is now registered in my name, am I still allowed to say I'm a shareholder?

November 06, 2017, 04:17:48 AM
Reply #80

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I still don't understand why, if Usmanov had gifted the shares to Moshiri, they aren't classed as his?

I was gifted a share in Everton, which is now registered in my name, am I still allowed to say I'm a shareholder?

Because it's not a 20 birthday present. You can call a multi-million pound transfer a gift all you like, but the intent and subsequent behaviours are what matters in determining whether it should be treated as a gift for tax/other purposes.

November 06, 2017, 04:23:49 AM
Reply #81

Simon Paul

Administrator
Because it's not a 20 birthday present. You can call a multi-million pound transfer a gift all you like, but the intent and subsequent behaviours are what matters in determining whether it should be treated as a gift for tax/other purposes.

so, let's say, for instance - because The Guardian has been shown a document which states that Moshiri actually paid for his own shares - that it was done as a bonus scheme.

"Well in Farhad, lad, you smashed the tax return again this year kid, you're getting a fat wedge in your pay packet next month kid"

"Sound that Alice (he calls Usmanov Alice because they're mates) but do me a favour, I can't be arsed going down to the HMRC in Bootle to explain this shit to them, so could you give it me as like, a gift instead?"

"A gift?"

"Yeah lad, like what the Ruskies gave you when the Commies got zapped or whatever happened, they gave you half of the Antartic or something didn't they?"

"Erm, yeah, shhh....ok, what would you like?"

"Oh, I dunno, maybe some shares in one of your companies?"

"D'ya like togger lad?"

"Yeah course man, Mikel Arteta is boss"

"Aye he is, but I'm buying Arsenal not Everton"

"Fuck sake"

"I know, I know.  Anyway, I'll give you 15% in Arsenal or something if that makes the tax thing easier?"

"Yeah, sound that lad.  Can we buy Arteta as well?  He's the best little Spaniard we know, y'know"

"We can make enquiries"

"Buzzin lar....get Arsene on the phone"

Then 8 years later Arteta fucks off to be a coach at City and Mosh gets bored, can't afford City, so goes back to his first love.  Everton.

But he owns shares in Arsenal so he flogs them, gets 20 L&B and 49.9% of Everton.

Not sure what's wrong there like
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:25:05 AM by Simon Paul »

November 06, 2017, 04:26:16 AM
Reply #82

Simon Paul

Administrator
if you act all that out in Russian and Iranian accents it's proper funny, I promise.

November 06, 2017, 04:27:00 AM
Reply #83

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
if you act all that out in Russian and Iranian accents it's proper funny, I promise.

I was
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 06, 2017, 04:27:23 AM
Reply #84

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
That's good that.

Moot point though. Moshiris lawyers have come back and said it wasn't a gift as it was repaid. Which is odd because Moshiri in that interview says it wasn't a loan.

November 06, 2017, 04:28:33 AM
Reply #85

Simon Paul

Administrator
That's good that.

Moot point though. Moshiris lawyers have come back and said it wasn't a gift as it was repaid. Which is odd because Moshiri in that interview says it wasn't a loan.

it was probably a case of "Yeah I'll get involved but my giro doesn't come through til Tuesday, I'm good for it though mate"

not really a loan, just a sub, if you will

like buying an ounce on tick

November 06, 2017, 04:32:18 AM
Reply #86

Tinga

So are we fucked or not?

November 06, 2017, 04:34:38 AM
Reply #87

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Using the Toad and Penfold from Dangermouse works too.

Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

November 06, 2017, 04:37:26 AM
Reply #88

Simon Paul

Administrator
Using the Toad and Penfold from Dangermouse works too.

they are the actors I would pick to do the screenplay with if I'm honest

November 06, 2017, 04:46:35 AM
Reply #89

Jamokachi