December 14, 2017, 09:19:37 PM

Author Topic: Panorama  (Read 6461 times)

November 06, 2017, 01:36:40 AM
Reply #60

Robioto

For fuck sake...

deCoubertin

November 06, 2017, 01:40:12 AM
Reply #61

sam of the south

Ah, so we might get fucked in the arse then.

Spiffing.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 06, 2017, 01:41:30 AM
Reply #62

kramer0

Details?

November 06, 2017, 01:48:46 AM
Reply #63

Trowel

Not sure what people are reacting to - there's nothing that breaks any rules. Questionable, yes; illegal, no.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 06, 2017, 01:50:11 AM
Reply #64

KoemansNumberTens

What is he being accused of spending a gift buying the club? It doesn't seem even dodgy unless they are intending of saying it's not actually a gift and he doesn't actually own us

November 06, 2017, 01:52:02 AM
Reply #65

Lxxx

I don't understand why it's even made it to Panorama. It's really not that big a deal to anyone outside of football and even most people in it. Clearly Usmanov and his business colleagues have upset someone within the establishment who want to make a show of him. That's usually how the BBC work.

November 06, 2017, 01:53:58 AM
Reply #66

Ross

Ah, so we might get fucked in the arse then.

Spiffing.

Got to wonder where it leaves both clubs. Id say Arsenal are pretty isolated given hes got no power there but we look vunrable Id say to punishment or sanctions of some kind.

Even worse though Id say long term its probably put the kibosh on Usmanov coming here formally.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 06, 2017, 01:55:10 AM
Reply #67

Trowel

Here's the Guardian take on the same papers, independent of Panorama.

Same conclusion: murky in places, but no rules broken.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/arsenal-everton-stakeholders-close-ties-leaked-files-alisher-usmanov-farhad-moshiri?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

November 06, 2017, 01:55:37 AM
Reply #68

Trowel

Got to wonder where it leaves both clubs. Id say Arsenal are pretty isolated given hes got no power there but we look vunrable Id say to punishment or sanctions of some kind.

Even worse though Id say long term its probably put the kibosh on Usmanov coming here formally.
Have you even read the articles?

November 06, 2017, 01:56:15 AM
Reply #69

Ross

Have you even read the articles?

Just watched the programme.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 06, 2017, 01:59:46 AM
Reply #70

Trowel

Just watched the programme.
Read the Guardian article - it seems like a more factual take on the paper trail, with less of the sensationalising "what if"s and "may have"s of Panorama.

November 06, 2017, 02:05:36 AM
Reply #71

Ross

Read the Guardian article - it seems like a more factual take on the paper trail, with less of the sensationalising "what if"s and "may have"s of Panorama.

So it says theres no link between the two?

Im on my phone so difficult to read to be honest. But the evidence is pretty damming as the former FA chairman said and if like I said they want to punish somebody its not likely to be Arsenal where hes got no power at all.

Hopefully they can brush it away somehow. Well have to wait and see.

November 06, 2017, 02:12:47 AM
Reply #72

Lxxx

Im on my phone so difficult to read to be honest. But the evidence is pretty damming as the former FA chairman said and if like I said they want to punish somebody its not likely to be Arsenal where hes got no power at all.

Why would they punish anyone? No-one has done anything illegal. Lots of circumstantial evidence which a very expensive legal team will tear to shreds in any courtroom. Which it will never get to.

November 06, 2017, 02:17:28 AM
Reply #73

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Reading it my understanding is that no rules have been broken but that rules in future could be changed so that business partners cannot have stakes in two different premiership entries
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 06, 2017, 02:18:05 AM
Reply #74

Trowel

A spokesman for Moshiri confirmed to the Guardian that Usmanovs Epion, a British Virgin Islands company, paid for the whole Arsenal stake. However, the spokesman said this did not show the whole picture of the relations between them, and Moshiri had paid Usmanov for his half-share of the initial Arsenal stake using money Moshiri had in his own separate investment company.

This cash payment [for the Arsenal shares] was funded by a 2007 dividend that Mr Moshiri received from an investment company which was 100% beneficially owned by Mr Moshiri. All of this is meticulously laid out in contractual agreements between the two parties, the spokesman said.

It is clear that Mr Moshiris participation in Red and White originated from his own funds and that Mr Moshiri is a person of very significant independent wealth, and this was already true in 2007.

The Guardian has been shown a document in which Epion did acknowledge receiving payment from a company owned by Moshiri for his half of the Arsenal stake, in full.