December 12, 2017, 02:28:45 PM

Poll

As the gaffer

Yes
104 (61.9%)
No
64 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Koeman  (Read 88658 times)

June 02, 2016, 08:13:53 PM
Reply #45

KingdingalingNL

Isnt Sammy Lee on his team?

Reports here stating he will be coming with him!!!!!!!!

deCoubertin

June 02, 2016, 08:17:18 PM
Reply #46

blue slug

I would be happy with emery, pellegrini or koeman to be honest, think all will/would do a better job the Martinez

June 02, 2016, 08:17:47 PM
Reply #47

Ross

Isnt Sammy Lee on his team?

Big Dunc out Sammy Lee in....

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 02, 2016, 08:38:43 PM
Reply #48

Tinga

I don't want to write Koeman off before he even enters the place but I just can't seem to get excited for this. Koeman seems to have done alright but doesn't seem like the manager to take us to the next level that we all imagined when Moshiri invested.

I wonder if anybody on here knows how well his signings are since he should be given a fair chunk of change and it still scars me that we signed Niasse for 13.5m. I would however love him to bring Wanyama with him.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 08:40:23 PM by Tinga »

June 02, 2016, 08:44:31 PM
Reply #49

van der Meyde

I don't think he'd be a bad manager for us; I think he's a sensible option who almost guarantees that he'll keep us steady.

It's just not an appointment that would excite me. I don't think he's a manager that would take us past, say, sixth and I don't think he's a manager who'll win us a trophy. If there's a chance we could attract Emery or Pellegrini I'd be much happier with that than apparently more than doubling Koeman's contract just to entice him here.

And on a more ridiculous note, my gut instinct is not to trust the guy.

June 02, 2016, 08:49:00 PM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yay, a manager to keep us nice and steady.

And there's me thinking things would change.

June 02, 2016, 08:49:44 PM
Reply #51

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he'd be a bad manager for us; I think he's a sensible option who almost guarantees that he'll keep us steady.

It's just not an appointment that would excite me. I don't think he's a manager that would take us past, say, sixth and I don't think he's a manager who'll win us a trophy. If there's a chance we could attract Emery or Pellegrini I'd be much happier with that than apparently more than doubling Koeman's contract just to entice him here.

And on a more ridiculous note, my gut instinct is not to trust the guy.

why do you want to keep us steady??
I have to return some videotapes.

June 02, 2016, 08:53:33 PM
Reply #52

Ih8redshite

Hilarious that people are judging candidates for the managers position and were they suspect they will finish in the league. The squad will be totally different by the start of next season and with a new managers philosophy and tactics whose to say we're we will finish!!

June 02, 2016, 08:53:58 PM
Reply #53

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe we need an appointment to steady things. But I'd rather go for Pellegrini for that.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

June 02, 2016, 08:54:14 PM
Reply #54

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
He will also be off to arsenal the second Wenger goes.
So we're going to be here next year with a decent chance of a shallower market of available managers.

@ross, I am worried about the more insidious option. That he's doing arsenal a favour of giving koeman a year trial at a club with more money to spend than Southampton, hence bigger egos and bigger expectations.

June 02, 2016, 08:59:16 PM
Reply #55

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Knows the league now and has had 2 good seasons with Southampton where they have performed better than expected

In his playing days he was a legend so I think he commands respect

We are going to back him massively financially and I have faith in him that he can make the next step up for us

Emery is my first choice, but if we've asked him and he has said no then there's not much more we can do

Pellegrini and Koeman would seem to be the next candidates after Emery and fair play if we are siding with the younger manager who can build a good team here, I would be happy with either of them as a step up from what we have had with Martinez

Every club are different, Koeman progressed Southampton further than Pocchetino did. I'm just hoping Ron can push us on to winning trophies and the top 4 on the reg
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 02, 2016, 09:01:58 PM
Reply #56

sam of the south

So we're going to be here next year with a decent chance of a shallower market of available managers.

@ross, I am worried about the more insidious option. That he's doing arsenal a favour of giving koeman a year trial at a club with more money to spend than Southampton, hence bigger egos and bigger expectations.

Wow, that last bit is a bit conspiracy theory, Mick..

Do you really think that could be a genuine thing?

Surely Moshiri wouldn't use the money he has invested in us to mainly benefit Arsenal.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 02, 2016, 09:02:39 PM
Reply #57

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Reports here stating he will be coming with him!!!!!!!!
Gave you a like for informing - not for him taking Sammy Lee with him

June 02, 2016, 09:02:54 PM
Reply #58

van der Meyde

why do you want to keep us steady??
I meant he'd steady the ship and have us around 6th-9th a la Moyes, sorry!

He's far from being my first choice.

June 02, 2016, 09:03:57 PM
Reply #59

van der Meyde

That's a potential risk with any new manager, in fairness.