April 24, 2018, 09:52:08 PM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (6.2%)
No
197 (93.8%)

Total Members Voted: 210

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 26531 times)

dunkster, Toffee1, Polledreng and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 16, 2018, 09:08:38 AM
Reply #630

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure why you feel sorry for him tbh, mate. He's the biggest beneficiary of every party involved in the situation. I also don't agree that the criticism is remotely unfair - just boring because we've been over it ad infinitum.

Every managerial appointment at every club is a roll of the dice to some extent, so I don't really buy into the 'next manager is a gamble' narrative either. They're all gambles. It's a question of minimising the gamble with sufficient due diligence.

Well because itís not like heís tricked anyone, is it? Heís a big lump it up and nod it in dinosaur and has been for his whole career, moshiri knew what he was getting when he hired him and for whatever reason thought that we would be able to stomach it.

The criticism isnít unfair particularly, itís just a bit misguided. The issue isnít allardyce, there are more deep rooted and serious issues than allardyce and being frank his tough-to-swallow pragmatic medicine has probably prevented the worst case scenario for this year.

I know we can say unsworth, Koeman or silva or whoever would have done minimum the same but they arenít facts, facts are most of us would have bitten your hand off for safety in the top ten a few months ago when things were looking darkest.

The criticism is fair in that we did not want him or his football and we still donít, and if nothing else it just serves to show moshiri how much we disapprove then fine, but heís still just a fella with pride and his own ideas about the game. Heís not doing particularly worse then koeman or unsworth or Martinez, but big fat gravy swigging brexit Sam is a meme and our fans are revelling in playing up to it.

Heís not the issue, heís a symptom of the issue.

The next manager is of course a roll of the dice, unless something happens with brands / Walsh / our other recruitment and overall strategy that shows it to be anything other than it has been so far which is expensive roll after expensive roll.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 18, 2018, 03:24:38 PM
Reply #631

bogie

the football has not been great to watch but has been better than it was at the start of the season

you cant fault him on the winter window some crap out and 2 good players in

this will all come down to who is able to come in right away that is a step up (fuck off all you marco silva cunts )
if they cant come in right away I think they will go with Big Sam next year now that might not be what most want but in might just be what we need

so this is not going to go down well but yes I do want him to be the Everton manager next year

get us top half Sam = done
sort out are defence Sam = done ( to a point but will need work in the summer )
sign us a centre forward Sam = done
sign us a bit more pace in the team Sam = done
build us Rome in a day Sam = you would think he would fucking need to the way some on here get on

April 18, 2018, 03:25:56 PM
Reply #632

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 18, 2018, 03:26:04 PM
Reply #633

Hawkandro

Well, we now have a striker we wanted, two players with pace in the team which we wanted and yet we still don't create any chances whatsoever, and approach games with a dull, safety-first ethos which we don't need now.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 18, 2018, 04:12:27 PM
Reply #634

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

April 18, 2018, 04:17:21 PM
Reply #635

Macca77

April 18, 2018, 04:22:46 PM
Reply #636

Macca77

the football has not been great to watch but has been better than it was at the start of the season

this will all come down to who is able to come in right away that is a step up (fuck off all you marco silva cunts )
if they cant come in right away I think they will go with Big Sam next year now that might not be what most want but in might just be what we need

so this is not going to go down well but yes I do want him to be the Everton manager next year

build us Rome in a day Sam = you would think he would fucking need to the way some on here get on

Take credit for beating West Ham - done
Take the piss out of the fans - done
Slag the players off whenever possible - done
Take all the glory when we win a match - done
Bask in the glory of getting a point against shite or weakened teams - done
Blame the players when we lose - done
Compare the fans to Newcastle and West Ham fans - done

April 18, 2018, 04:33:25 PM
Reply #637

bogie

Take credit for beating West Ham - done
Take the piss out of the fans - done
Slag the players off whenever possible - done
Take all the glory when we win a match - done
Bask in the glory of getting a point against shite or weakened teams - done
Blame the players when we lose - done
Compare the fans to Newcastle and West Ham fans - done

you did read the Rome in a day bit the part after the = would be for you

April 18, 2018, 04:40:42 PM
Reply #638

Macca77

you did read the Rome in a day bit the part after the = would be for you

I did, made me laugh very loudly, thank you.

April 18, 2018, 05:01:16 PM
Reply #639

gizzblue

WUM of the year .. ..pahahahahahahaha 😅😅

April 18, 2018, 06:28:21 PM
Reply #640

Jamokachi

April 18, 2018, 06:38:51 PM
Reply #641

Macca77

April 18, 2018, 06:41:24 PM
Reply #642

Toffee1

April 18, 2018, 06:59:45 PM
Reply #643

Macca77

April 18, 2018, 07:21:14 PM
Reply #644

Hawkandro

https://twitter.com/EdMc_Cosh/status/986534701937676293

And we won the second half against City, let's not forget that

Aye. Am looking forward to the DVD; '45 Minute Men'.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.