April 27, 2018, 06:10:33 AM

Author Topic: Rate our signings this season  (Read 2054 times)

March 24, 2018, 08:01:34 PM
Reply #15

Ridge

I don't get some of these ratings at all.

You praised players then given them 4/5s.

Your rating and description of sigurdson is particularly baffling.

Reliable, very good crosser, hard working, and scored some very important goals, yet he gets a 4?

Walcott a 5 as well?

I don't aim to please.  ;)

It's expectations and value, Martina was a freebie who's ended up being useful, Sigurdsson cost £50m and is a decent utility player. If you could cancel one of the deals, Siggy for £50m or Martina on a free, surely an easy call, we could make profit on Cuco, would lose £20m+ on Sig.

Thought Walcott has done quite well so far, but limited as a player. He works well in a kick and run team, but if we have ambitions above 7th, we'd need to have more quality and creativity.

March 24, 2018, 08:09:02 PM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The best two signings have been Walcott and Pickford. Sig has done ok, and Tuson is starting to blossom, but the rest have been meh to bleuch.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

March 24, 2018, 08:15:25 PM
Reply #17

Ridge

There's been some proper shit shouts on these forums, and this is up there with the shittest of the shit. 5, jesus.

If we were a team that played out from the back, then he'd been better utilised. As it is, he pushes out a lot of shots, doesn't come beyond 6 yard box and has conceded more in last 2 seasons than nearly any other PL keeper.

There's no doubt he can be a very good keeper long term, but he doesn't deal with the big problems while they are small, he ends up facing big problems every time due to his timidness.

March 24, 2018, 08:57:24 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Reliable, very good crosser, hard working, and scored some very important goals, yet he gets a 4?

Walcott a 5 as well?

My man gave Sigurdsson and Vlasic the same score lol
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 24, 2018, 09:46:01 PM
Reply #19

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck off Ridge hahahhaha
I have to return some videotapes.

March 24, 2018, 10:09:04 PM
Reply #20

Cozzie

Walcott a 5 as well?

He was marking them out of 7, he just forgot to say.

March 27, 2018, 12:04:03 PM
Reply #21

blue1948

Should be re-titled how much do you like the new signings because -given it is an International break- these ratings are ridiculous ,one even mentions FM for fuck sake ,read the title .
How can one get slaughtered and another praised and the same rating.

March 27, 2018, 06:14:41 PM
Reply #22

di_guyo

Been integral imo, we’ve needed him badly in the middle of the pitch.

Depends on how you view it I guess. He's been integral because we've based our play around him, and in doing so I think we've suffered. We should have been made better by his inclusion, but I'm not sure we have - we've been largely shite. There's a lot of variables, managers, injuries, confidence etc...but we've underachieved this season and I don't think he's particularly helped in terms of pushing us forward. Not doubting he's been one of our better performers, but considering his wages I'd expect nothing less (and in fact more).
Everton & Atleti

March 27, 2018, 06:22:15 PM
Reply #23

Bluenose 91

Makes me laugh how people always add a few extra mil on to the cost of a player they're slagging off.

We didn't pay 50mil for Sigurdsson at all.

I'm sure I seen someone on here the other week saying we paid 35mil for Bolasie as well.

March 27, 2018, 07:45:05 PM
Reply #24

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Makes me laugh how people always add a few extra mil on to the cost of a player they're slagging off.

I'm sure I seen someone on here the other week saying we paid 35mil for Bolasie as well.

Maybe they're including wages...
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

March 27, 2018, 11:52:14 PM
Reply #25

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Should be re-titled how much do you like the new signings because -given it is an International break- these ratings are ridiculous ,one even mentions FM for fuck sake ,read the title .
How can one get slaughtered and another praised and the same rating.

How's about you stop being a cry arse and actually contribute?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 28, 2018, 12:49:08 AM
Reply #26

KoemansNumberTens

Pickford 6.5. Done okay. Think probably a little pricy given Sunderland’s situation. Least he’s got a long term future here
Martina 6. He’s not great but he’s done a job often out of position. Was free which has to come into consideration
Keane 4. Been pretty poor and was very expensive. Not convinced he’ll be here long term
Sigurdsson 6.5. Paid too much. Not the type of playmaker we needed but also probably our best player this season
Rooney 6. Bit of a small time signing been decent in spells though. Bit expensive in wages. Have to worry a little as to how much he’ll contribute next season
Sandro 5. Risk free signing. Worst case was we get our money back. We’ll get our money back
Vlasic 6. Don’t really see the hype. He’s young and not overly expensive though
Tosan and Walcott 7.5. Bit early in both cases but fingers crossed they continue as they are and prove to be great value

Not sure if I’ve missed anyone

March 28, 2018, 01:11:03 AM
Reply #27

blue1948

How's about you stop being a cry arse and actually contribute?
[/quote
Well so I am a cry arse now ,a prick not long ago and an old fart after that .Not sure whether that is progress but I will take it .

Had to come back sorry ,you are the sad fuck who doesn't like him on a game so thinks he is shit in real life !!!! And I need to to contribute ! You need seeing to if FM is your measure for rating real life .
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:16:03 AM by blue1948 »

March 28, 2018, 01:53:34 AM
Reply #28

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Quote from: blue1948
Well so I am a cry arse now ,a prick not long ago and an old fart after that .Not sure whether that is progress but I will take it .

Had to come back sorry ,you are the sad fuck who doesn't like him on a game so thinks he is shit in real life !!!! And I need to to contribute ! You need seeing to if FM is your measure for rating real life .

It was a throwaway comment meant to add leveity to an otherwise lengthy post.  Everyone else took it how it was meant, as they understood its impossible to judge someone we've not seen.  But no, you've decided that i think he's shit(Where did i actually comment on his footballing ability?  Oh thats right I didnt) and as a result of you being some kind of humour missing robot you decide i'm a sad fuck.

And what do you mean you had to come back?  Have you been away? If so, did anyone else notice?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 28, 2018, 06:04:32 AM
Reply #29

Ridge

Swansea rejected 45m bid, before we went back with increased offer. So yes, with add ons, we paid around £50m.