October 17, 2018, 01:19:53 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce doesn't blame Rooney for being angry at substitution  (Read 4060 times)

April 07, 2018, 10:40:12 PM
Reply #15

gizzblue

Aside the west ham game hes been fucking awful in possesion gives the ball away in bad positions weekly thrn doesn't offer enough for a midfield player and legs are not young enough to make a difference going forward ....mls may be too big for him tbh.

April 07, 2018, 10:40:28 PM
Reply #16

blue1948

He needs to go to MLS next season.
Sad to say but our top goal scorer is finished

April 07, 2018, 10:41:52 PM
Reply #17

gizzblue

Sad to say but our top goal scorer is finished
Wouldn't be our top scorer either if Tosun was played from first transfer imho.. ..and Niasse is per mins on the pitch more prolific.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 10:44:52 PM by gizzblue »

April 07, 2018, 10:42:54 PM
Reply #18

blue1948

He's been fine overall. Good in some games, and less so in others. Relatively happy with him, and don't mind seeing him come off when he's having a bad game.
Let me get my head around this ,good in some and less so in others ! Relatively happy ?

April 07, 2018, 10:55:04 PM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's been a good signing, he's been poor of late but then he's bound to flag as he shouldn't be starting as many games as he has. I'm fine with him stopping around as a bit part player but if he wants more than that next season we need to move him on.

April 07, 2018, 11:00:40 PM
Reply #20

Ross

He's been a good signing, he's been poor of late but then he's bound to flag as he shouldn't be starting as many games as he has. I'm fine with him stopping around as a bit part player but if he wants more than that next season we need to move him on.

You think he’s been worth us taking a reduced fee for Lukaku and justified his £150k pw wages?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 07, 2018, 11:01:54 PM
Reply #21

eyesalwaysblue

That would be fine but he's being too much of a dick to accept being a bit part squad player, in his mind he's as good as ever, hence the superstar fume.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

April 07, 2018, 11:03:07 PM
Reply #22

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
You think he’s been worth us taking a reduced fee for Lukaku and justified his £150k pw wages?

I don't think we took a reduced fee at the time and I don't really care about his wages he's been one of our better players this season though and dug us out of the shit a few times. I don't think we would be in a worse position in the league without him this season.

April 07, 2018, 11:04:19 PM
Reply #23

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
That would be fine but he's being too much of a dick to accept being a bit part squad player, in his mind he's as good as ever, hence the superstar fume.

If being arsed about playing is being a dick then I'm all for it. He's not the player he was but he's arsed, we need more of that.

April 07, 2018, 11:07:16 PM
Reply #24

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He was right to be angry and say 'this is fucking bullshit'

He's getting asked to play a role which is alien to him because the manager is so negative.

Honestly, what do people expect from him when he's in a team that's set up to do nothing but contain.

Either play him in a system that suits, or drop him and play Beni or gana.

He echoed what we were all thinking at the ground when he come off.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:15:27 PM by TheRam »

April 07, 2018, 11:14:37 PM
Reply #25

eyesalwaysblue

If being arsed about playing is being a dick then I'm all for it. He's not the player he was but he's arsed, we need more of that.
Get your point but he's not much use either with the dummy out, be a cracker to have about at the club if he could just realise his limits as a player now and start to think about other roles.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

April 07, 2018, 11:15:17 PM
Reply #26

Ross

I don't think we took a reduced fee at the time and I don't really care about his wages he's been one of our better players this season though and dug us out of the shit a few times. I don't think we would be in a worse position in the league without him this season.

There was a lot of speculation in the traditional and social media that we’d appected a reduced fee in the region of £10-15m for Lukaku so we’d get Rooney in for nothing at the time, probably to much for it not to be correct.

As for his wages don’t you find it staggering he’s able to command the sort of salary here that top players at far more affluent clubs don’t even earn? All that money for none of the return?

The common belief at the time was he’d bring some “class” “leadership” and “passion” I’ve not seen any of that apart from a few fleeting moments here and there and a good second half against West Ham. For the money he’s being paid surely you’d expect more than a bit part player? And if it wasn’t being spent on him it could have gone to better use elsewhere with a more effective player coming in who earns his wage week in week out.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 07, 2018, 11:31:36 PM
Reply #27

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He's done. He'll have the odd good game here and there, but he's time is nearly up.

If he's still here next season as a starter, then we'll have had yet another poor window.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 08, 2018, 12:21:27 AM
Reply #28

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I think the issue is more going forwards. He started okay but has tailed off.

You think that’s the issue eh? The drop off in goals is nothing to do with him being played in the midfield role I suppose.

April 08, 2018, 12:32:10 AM
Reply #29

KoemansNumberTens

You think that’s the issue eh? The drop off in goals is nothing to do with him being played in the midfield role I suppose.

No I mean his form in general has tailed off. Can see him spending all next season on the bench as our highest earner