September 25, 2018, 12:02:51 AM

Author Topic: [News]No Everton concerns over Barkley's Chelsea move  (Read 2685 times)

January 10, 2018, 10:54:43 PM
Read 2685 times

Everton News

No Everton concerns over Barkley's Chelsea move

Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright has said that he has no concerns over the deal which took Ross Barkley to Chelsea, despite Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson asking for an investigation into the move from the Premier League.

Source: No Everton concerns over Barkley's Chelsea move

January 11, 2018, 01:54:10 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Given the way Conte spoke about him I tend to think there is something in this, part of me feel for Barkley but a majority is firmly camped in the 'you reap what you sow'

Antonio Conte has already conceded that Barkley wasn’t one of his targets following the Englishman’s switch to Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea have developed a reputation for buying talented young players and selling them on for a substantial profit after one or two seasons, including Kevin De Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku and Mohamed Salah.

Former Blues winger Nevin suggested Barkley could be a short-term addition to the Chelsea squad but the west London side look to make a profit on his £15m transfer fee.

“There is another thing,” Nevin told Irish radio station Newstalk on Monday night. “Chelsea signed him in £15m. How much could they sell him for in a year’s time? Exactly [£20m or £25m].”

January 13, 2018, 08:56:48 PM
Reply #2

Everton Mint

Wouldn't like to think Chelsea only wanted him to make up the English quota in their squad...

Today's team:

13Courtois
28Azpilicueta
24Cahill
2Rüdiger
15Moses
14Bakayoko
7Kanté
4Fàbregas
3Alonso
10E Hazard
9Morata

Substitutes
1Caballero
11Pedro
21Zappacosta
22Willian
23Batshuayi
27Christensen
30David Luiz

January 13, 2018, 09:42:06 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

He's just a risk free investment. Be worth more than hes cost in 12 months even if he never plays. There's no downside for Chelsea other than players getting wise to the situation in the future and generally they aren't that wise

January 13, 2018, 09:54:06 PM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He's still classed as injured
Simply simply lovely

January 13, 2018, 09:57:17 PM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
He's just a risk free investment. Be worth more than hes cost in 12 months even if he never plays. There's no downside for Chelsea other than players getting wise to the situation in the future and generally they aren't that wise

It’s not just £15m though is it.

Barkley and his agent are well aware that Chelsea got a cut price deal and so will benefit in terms of higher wages and sign on for Barkley and fee for the agent.

Therefore, all in, if Barkley gets sold in a year for £30m I very much doubt Chelsea have made a profit.

Getting any more than that is highly up for debate as contingent on his actually playing and playing well. And not getting injured.

It’s not a risk free investment.

January 13, 2018, 10:06:04 PM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

It’s not just £15m though is it.

Barkley and his agent are well aware that Chelsea got a cut price deal and so will benefit in terms of higher wages and sign on for Barkley and fee for the agent.

Therefore, all in, if Barkley gets sold in a year for £30m I very much doubt Chelsea have made a profit.

Getting any more than that is highly up for debate as contingent on his actually playing and playing well. And not getting injured.

It’s not a risk free investment.

They'd get 30m for him no problem in 12 months. 15m 7m agents fees 8m in wages maybe. They break even and that's worst case.

It's like what city did with rodwell, delph, Johnson and Sinclair. There's very little downside because their value holds. They aren't being bought because the managers think they'll do great. They are being bought on very little risk and the off chance of big reward if 1 of them makes it

Barkley wouldn't have gotten that move at full price. He'll need to improve vastly to still be at Chelsea in a couple of years

January 13, 2018, 10:06:06 PM
Reply #7

eugene

It's not just £15m though is it.

It's not a risk free investment.
So Barkley is so thick he’s just seen the pound signs and thought I’ll never need to play, proper pudding

January 13, 2018, 10:10:17 PM
Reply #8

everton1952

I have no concerns at all. Bye bye and good luck in your new career. You and we have moved on.

January 13, 2018, 10:25:52 PM
Reply #9

Paddockoldie

He's not bright enough to scheme so this is all the agent if there's anything iffy about it. They'll be coaching him to pass to other Chelsea players and which one's they are at the moment and which end of the ground is which.
I don't think we'll miss him really as we've adapted without him being available. I have no axe to grind so we move on.

January 13, 2018, 10:47:30 PM
Reply #10

ally2

They'll be coaching him to pass to other Chelsea players and which one's they are at the moment and which end of the ground is which.

They've made it a bit easier for Ross by playing in the same colour although I suppose the blue shorts instead of white shorts might prove to be the spanner in the works. Time will tell.

January 14, 2018, 07:02:34 AM
Reply #11

Ramjam

I would have thought that we would have inserted a sell on clause to protect us against them doubling their money on him when he’s eventually sold.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 14, 2018, 07:11:17 AM
Reply #12

Ravardo

I would have thought that we would have inserted a sell on clause to protect us against them doubling their money on him when he’s eventually sold.

This is everton your talking about tho

January 14, 2018, 03:20:23 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
This is everton your talking about tho

They’d have just said no.

The fee was low because of the contract rather than say him being 18 with loads of potential; or like Deulofeu where they had a low buy back fee.

January 26, 2018, 12:16:23 AM
Reply #14

bacon sarnie

'“When there is an injury to one of your best players it is not simple, especially when on the bench the only substitute is Ross Barkley,” he grumbled in the wake of last night’s defeat, in an outburst that suggested he wasn’t too bothered about which of Barkley or his six other subs he offended the most. Conte went on to say that the new arrival “can improve a lot”, which seems a fair assessment of a former Everton midfielder who appears to have become so rusty after six months on the sidelines that it took him 10 minutes to unzip his tracksuit.' The Guardian

Least its blue so as not to confuse.