October 18, 2018, 04:13:41 AM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton - Sat 18th November - 3pm  (Read 19298 times)

November 15, 2017, 06:14:19 PM
Reply #75

Toddacelli

First priority in this (and the upcoming league games) should be clean sheets.

It’s impossible to go from not playing well at all, to suddenly start thinking of dominating matches etc.

We’ve gone 0-2 down in all four of Unsy’s matches so far; this can’t continue.

Be solid and give ourselves a more than good chance of getting something out of all of these games.

Like England did last night. Always knew they'd be second best but competed well and did not concede.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 15, 2017, 11:09:27 PM
Reply #76

D15TIN

Anyone heard anything regarding Bolasie, Coleman or Barkley injuries?

Heard bolasie was back in full training this week with the rest of the squad?

November 16, 2017, 12:17:10 AM
Reply #77

mikey_blue

Anyone heard anything regarding Bolasie, Coleman or Barkley injuries?

Heard bolasie was back in full training this week with the rest of the squad?

Bolasie was back on Monday, I think Seamus took part in some light training with Ireland. there's pictures on the internet. Not heard anything on Ross, Can't see him coming back.

November 16, 2017, 12:22:37 AM
Reply #78

toffee_scot

Probably just before Christmas before Bolasie, Coleman and Barkley return.

Also I know he's not as highly rated but considering lack of options in defence, there seems to have been no update with regards to Funes Mori's progress.

November 16, 2017, 12:31:20 AM
Reply #79

mikey_blue

Also I know he's not as highly rated but considering lack of options in defence, there seems to have been no update with regards to Funes Mori's progress.

Initial reports said that he was out for the season.

November 16, 2017, 12:38:50 AM
Reply #80

D15TIN

Think mori might be out the season, you know it's bad when he would likely walk straight in to the side

November 16, 2017, 01:01:35 AM
Reply #81

eugene

It’s a shame for the lads who have long term injuries I get the feeling they loose a bit of something. Very rare come back as was

November 16, 2017, 01:06:39 AM
Reply #82

D15TIN

It’s a shame for the lads who have long term injuries I get the feeling they loose a bit of something. Very rare come back as was
I expect coleman to be fine, he's a fighter and wont shirk any challenge or anything like that, Bolasies probably more of a worry as he's a sprinter and could easily pull up again

November 16, 2017, 01:08:10 AM
Reply #83

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn’t it take 2 years to get back to ‘full health’ if you get Bolassie’s injury? I think Falcao is only just back this year after 2 years in England totally goosed.

Would be interested in seeing other players with similar injuries and their career trajectories but I imagine it wouldn’t make very pleasant viewing.

I think Ross isn’t even injured personally. Back just in time for Jan yeah 🙄

No idea when Coleman or FM are back. Coleman back kicking a ball though.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 16, 2017, 01:14:46 AM
Reply #84

eugene

Doesn't it take 2 years to get back to "full health' if you get Bolassie's injury? I think Falcao is only just back this year after 2 years in England totally goosed.

Would be interested in seeing other players with similar injuries and their career trajectories but I imagine it wouldn't make very pleasant viewing.

I think Ross isn't even injured personally. Back just in time for Jan yeah

Yes I understand the timescale but I just think they get a bit of glass back syndrome

November 16, 2017, 01:22:44 AM
Reply #85

mikey_blue

Doesn’t it take 2 years to get back to ‘full health’ if you get Bolassie’s injury? I think Falcao is only just back this year after 2 years in England totally goosed.

Would be interested in seeing other players with similar injuries and their career trajectories but I imagine it wouldn’t make very pleasant viewing.

I think Ross isn’t even injured personally. Back just in time for Jan yeah 🙄

Totally dependent on the skill set. I think Bolasie is going to have a really tough time, the way he plays involves so much shifting of weight and putting strain on the joints.

Falcao took so long because he moved through 3 different leagues and 4 teams straight after the injury. He never got to settle into his game and get his fitness/ sharpness back. He's fucking boss now like.

November 16, 2017, 03:01:28 AM
Reply #86

Django

Vlasic in the U-23s for the weekend

November 16, 2017, 03:12:12 AM
Reply #87

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Vlasic in the U-23s for the weekend
It's all a bit bizarre with him isnt it
Simply simply lovely

November 16, 2017, 03:18:16 AM
Reply #88

Django

It's all a bit bizarre with him isnt it
Think it could well be the case that he looked good when we were in Koeman’s darkest hour but he’s probably not that good. Was surprised to see him in the team so soon tbh

November 16, 2017, 03:20:46 AM
Reply #89

kramer0

Vlasic is by no means a complete player but he's shown enough in terms of pace, dribbling, balance, and vision to be one of our starting wingers. His age and potential make him even more of a no-brainer. At the very least, he should be picking up 30 minutes off the bench.

Unsworth has been such a great man manager at the U23 level, working with whatever we need him to (like Niasse, for example). I'm surprised at how poorly he's handled some of the first team squad management decisions since he's been in charge.