November 21, 2017, 05:11:36 AM

Author Topic: Patrice Evra  (Read 1936 times)

November 13, 2017, 02:22:22 AM
Reply #30

Jamokachi

His hype was based purely on the media wanting to bin Baines as England’s LB.

Nah, Evra was fucking class.

deCoubertin

November 13, 2017, 02:27:45 AM
Reply #31

mikey_blue

Yeah, he's 22 just. I think there's question marks over his attitude but there's plenty time for him to knuckle down and sort himself out. With the right manager he could still be a very good player.

We could say the same about Ross' attitude couldn't we? Not many young players respond well to being dropped and talked about badly in the media. He just needs a change of scenery and some support

It's clear that him and Jose don't get on, and it's normal for Jose to cut his nose off to spite his face.

If there is a chance to sign this lad, then we should snap their hand off.

November 13, 2017, 02:40:47 AM
Reply #32

Ridge

It's a no, even if he wasn't banned.

I'd like to see what Garbutt can do, but certainly an area we need to address.

November 13, 2017, 04:07:37 AM
Reply #33

ally2

Not signing a left back was all the more bizarre looking back.  We risked half of the previous season selling Oviedo and not replacing him, and people were uneasy even then with three possibility that Gareth Barry might have had to fill in.

November 13, 2017, 04:45:56 AM
Reply #34

Ross

To be fair he smoked out Martinez way before anyone else did.

Yeah theres no way he was a wanker...and every other manager got “smoked”....it was Martinez won’it..
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 13, 2017, 05:22:36 AM
Reply #35

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah theres no way he was a wanker...and every other manager got “smoked”....it was Martinez won’it..

Easy now Dave Whelan.

November 13, 2017, 06:16:04 AM
Reply #36

Rhys

Yeah, he's 22 just. I think there's question marks over his attitude but there's plenty time for him to knuckle down and sort himself out. With the right manager he could still be a very good player.

I agree players of that kind of age should always be given a chance as time to turn around whatever is holding them back and it come together. Certainly was a big question mark on him when he got the move to United for that money, started earning 130k a week and turns up for first day at one of the biggest clubs in the world overweight and very unfit and had to be sent to train on his own until he got to the required weight levels and not considered for matches.

19 years old and the world at your feet you'd expect the very least you'd ready to impress on day one even if you have attitude or desire problems that mean dont make the most of the situation. So yes it's possible he wakes up one day and thinks wasting his career and decides to put things right but do have to question if didnt do that when got the move to United and a few years on behind Young, Blind, Darmian and Rojo then would a move elsewhere change anything? Kind of situation where a loan for a year would be ideal to see what his motivation is really like given he'd still cost a big fee and his wages are very high but the potential he once had is still in there for someone to get out.

November 13, 2017, 07:40:20 AM
Reply #37

kramer0

Shaw has had professionalism issues dating back to his Southampton days. Definitely not someone you sign unless you really do your due diligence, especially given his likely wage demands.

November 13, 2017, 07:23:14 PM
Reply #38

Redartin

We have enough Man Utd rejects without getting another one.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

November 13, 2017, 09:18:57 PM
Reply #39

bacon sarnie

I love this site.

November 13, 2017, 10:28:20 PM
Reply #40

D15TIN

Get luke shaw

November 13, 2017, 10:37:09 PM
Reply #41

GrantyBoy78

Shaw has had professionalism issues dating back to his Southampton days. Definitely not someone you sign unless you really do your due diligence, especially given his likely wage demands.
United would want £20m and Shaw would want £100k p/w - far too risky for someone who seemed underwhelmed to have joined such a huge club. And can’t stay fit. Would just go through the motions there.

Nah.

November 14, 2017, 12:53:49 AM
Reply #42

ally2

Very punchable as well.  Don't forget that.

November 14, 2017, 02:33:31 PM
Reply #43

Macca77

Shaw has the potential to be really good, you would think a move to a club like United would've help him achieve that, but he's failed badly, yes I know he had a really bad injury but his fitness and weight issues have been well documented. Pretty sure Van Gaal had a go at him in a few press conferences, said his attitude and lack of commitment during training was woeful.

November 14, 2017, 03:41:52 PM
Reply #44

hill135

His problem is simple: he loves burgers and kebabs