December 14, 2017, 04:19:33 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 11065 times)

November 06, 2017, 04:55:13 AM
Reply #870

Django

If that happened they'll never play for us again surely, I just can't picture that happening in the slightest for any professional team.
Me neither tbh but source usually reliable

November 06, 2017, 05:11:12 AM
Reply #871

Jamokachi

I think all players will (and should) get a clean slate, when whoever the new manager is comes in.

November 06, 2017, 05:28:10 AM
Reply #872

toffee_scot

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11115901/morgan-schneiderlin-and-kevin-mirallas-sent-away-from-everton-training

If this is really the case then that's extremely disappointing but not too surprising given Mirallas' behaviour since before the transfer window and Schneiderlin has just become a liability - without Koeman holding his hand he probably will want to move on anyway.

November 06, 2017, 05:35:45 AM
Reply #873

Major Clanger

Apparently it was said yesterday in training that whoever isnít up for a battle throw your bibs in and fuck off.
MS and KM threw in.

Not sure how reliable that is.

If Unsy really pulled that trick, he's a better leader than I was giving him credit for.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 06, 2017, 05:38:47 AM
Reply #874

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not surprised with Mirallas. He's been looking to move and strikes me as a toys out of the park type. Really disappointed with Morgan - both in his performances and this attitude
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 06, 2017, 05:40:56 AM
Reply #875

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Remove both. Purchase Carvalho and bring Henry home.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 06, 2017, 05:45:24 AM
Reply #876

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
There will be still be fans saying play mirallas up top, give mirallas game time

It's amazing the love this man has when he has wanted out since about the first window he came in
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:50:05 AM by Jimmywhack »

Simply simply lovely

November 06, 2017, 06:01:33 AM
Reply #877

cantoffee

There will be still be fans saying play mirallas up top, give mirallas game time

It's amazing the love this man has when he has wanted out since about the first window he came in
He was great that first season under Martinez but he's been mostly poo for the last 3 years.

Schneiderlin should be ashamed by his performances though. Should be the #1 choice in his position and has absolutely no bottle or belief. He can fuck off if he's not here for the fight.

November 06, 2017, 06:06:40 AM
Reply #878

everton1952

It is not good news if true about Mirallas and Schneiderlin, We have few enough players as it is without more permanent absentees. Hopefully it is not true. 

November 06, 2017, 06:33:04 AM
Reply #879

gizzblue

If it's true then Unsworth deserves more credit than hes had ,and the other two can go to fuck and be with Jo who have up half way through a game .
I'm a Mirallas fan but the club comes first .every time .

November 06, 2017, 07:19:09 AM
Reply #880

ally2

Sounded like an incredible game today and we desperately needed a positive. Any positive.

However it was a very lucky win and I'm certainly not doing cartwheels because we beat Watford at home and pulled ourselves up to 15th place. The expected standards remain as reasonable goals set for the club. What's done is done though so let's hope this is a new beginning. Perhaps we all needed this terrible period to calm expectations.

November 06, 2017, 07:30:58 AM
Reply #881

Tony Clifton

He was great that first season under Martinez but he's been mostly poo for the last 3 years.

Schneiderlin should be ashamed by his performances though. Should be the #1 choice in his position and has absolutely no bottle or belief. He can fuck off if he's not here for the fight.

Schneiderlin looks like he needs a big pan of scouse - washed down with a few guinness foreign extra - before even dreaming of being up for a fight. 

Mirallas has always been a pretty useless tool.  I find it unbelievable he's still lingering like the rancid fart he is.

Fucking bottlers everywhere in this game now though. 

November 06, 2017, 07:38:55 AM
Reply #882

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Just got on to the site. Been travelling all day. Are they still playing?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 06, 2017, 12:28:24 PM
Reply #883

bluenuck

Watched the game again. Don't know if this was mentioned, but keane played well.

And we gotta keep playing sig. He's good. He's a good player.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:34:46 PM by bluenuck »

November 06, 2017, 01:21:35 PM
Reply #884

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Was eventually an enjoyable game yesterday, once it had finished, and though it may not be the turning point where everything suddenly comes good, it is a massive 3 points and symbolic that it gets us out of the relegation zone during this international break

Big questions still remain all over the pitch, but we did get some answers on certain things, and hopefully some lessons learned going forward.

First of all, Unsworth clearly got a hell of a lot of fight out of that team today. When you've got to scrap for your life, you need people who are willing to put a shift in. Not everyone who played gave a great performance, but all the starters and all the subs came on gave it their all

Pace was key. Niasse' chasing down and threat in behind really worried Watford and stopped it being a comfortable afternoon for them. Also Lennons pace led to us winning the pen, Calvert-Lewin fresh of the bench was hard to deal with for them and also Lookman I thought was fantastic too. As teams tire they hate playing against pace

Niasse is the right striker to start at the moment. His pace, work rate and unpredictability are huge assets for us and he just makes stuff happen. Was making intelligent runs and really helps the fluidity of our attack

Calvert-Lewin is a great impact sub. He really made a great Cameo appearance today, he competes for everything in the air and worked well alongside Niasse. Helped the ball stick for us more up top

We need to use Rooney more sparingly. Also he needs to stay further forward. Was a really frustrating performance from Wayne. He seemed to drop deep, play inaccurate passes and lose the ball, hear the groans from the crowd and dive in recklessly. His legs have gone and we can't start him every single game

Pickford needs to choose the right moments for the quick distribution. While this is a great asset of his, at times today the quick distribution was the wrong option. Without Calvert-Lewin on the pitch, and with our general lack of height it was wasted today when he released the ball quickly out wide. Most of the time it resulted in us giving the ball away, and a lot of the time he attempted it we were off the back of a spell of pressure and periods of not having the ball. Also in pickfords defence he could do with some better movement from the outfield players when he does this. Should be players on each flank darting out wide and looking to get in behind

Jonjoe Kenny is starting to settle at right back. I thought he had an excellent game today. Put a real shift in, defended well and got forward to good effect too. Showed big character after a tough game at Leicester last week

Central midfield are having very little control on games. Again they offered very little protection to the defence and we pretty much had to just bypass the middle of the Park as often as possible. Davies and Beni were anonymous for a lot of the game, they are young and they do need protecting a bit. Was the right sub to bring Beni off and Davies struggled for most of the game though he did improve later on. Gana put himself about well as he always does and his sheer energy and persistence paid off, but it was far from a tidy performance. I think it is key that we start getting more control in the midfield area
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!