December 13, 2017, 05:52:30 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Wigan [FA Cup - Sixth Round]  (Read 38890 times)

March 07, 2013, 06:03:09 PM
Reply #60

sharpattack

I read somewhere that any replay would take place next Wednesday 13th March - has anyone else heard this?
Seriously, if we don't beat Wigan at home what's the bloody point?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

March 07, 2013, 06:37:12 PM
Reply #61

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Seriously, if we don't beat Wigan at home what's the bloody point?

Knowing that if we beat them away then we are 2 games away from winning a trophy?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 07, 2013, 08:25:19 PM
Reply #62

MRB85

Only 3 unobstructed view tickets left in Lower Gwladys.  Looking good for c 37,000 I'd say. 

March 07, 2013, 09:32:37 PM
Reply #63

sharpattack

Knowing that if we beat them away then we are 2 games away from winning a trophy?

You seem to have missed the point
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

March 07, 2013, 09:52:53 PM
Reply #64

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
You seem to have missed the point

what was the point then?if we draw on Saturday you would rather just assume that we wont be good enough to win a semi final?

We could beat Man United at home and they are the best team left in the competition.  If we need a replay to get through against Wigan then so be it
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 07, 2013, 10:07:15 PM
Reply #65

DannyR

I couldn't fucking cope with a replay, but we needed a replay against Oldham. We also had one against Sunderland last year. We would pack the DW Stadium out!

I just hope we can get it done and dusted on the day, then we have a few weeks to focus on the league, and then the week the semi turns up then think about it.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

March 07, 2013, 10:09:08 PM
Reply #66

Fellainis Hairdresser

we would only get about 4000 if we had a replay which is a joke
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

March 07, 2013, 10:18:10 PM
Reply #67

DannyR

If that, but we'd just buy up the wigan tickets too.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

March 07, 2013, 10:19:05 PM
Reply #68

steve81

I couldn't fucking cope with a replay, but we needed a replay against Oldham. We also had one against Sunderland last year. We would pack the DW Stadium out!

I just hope we can get it done and dusted on the day, then we have a few weeks to focus on the league, and then the week the semi turns up then think about it.
this im nervous enough as it is i couldnt cope with 2 matches

March 07, 2013, 10:45:00 PM
Reply #69

MRB85

I suspect the Police might decide it would be better to have 8,000 ticketed Evertonians inside the ground than just 4,000 with thousands more milling round outside. 

March 08, 2013, 03:37:07 AM
Reply #70

The Analog Kid

I'm getting a little excited about Saturday now, obviously knowing that if we win, which I'm pretty sure of, then it's my first football match at Wembley (only ever been to concerts there!)

March 08, 2013, 03:54:02 AM
Reply #71

sharpattack

what was the point then?if we draw on Saturday you would rather just assume that we wont be good enough to win a semi final?

We could beat Man United at home and they are the best team left in the competition.  If we need a replay to get through against Wigan then so be it
That's exactly the point. If we failed to beat wigan at home, a team the shite demolished away a week ago, then not only would we not deserve to go through but on the off chance that we did after a replay are you seriously suggesting that we'd then go on to beat Man U or City?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

March 08, 2013, 04:13:20 AM
Reply #72

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
That's exactly the point. If we failed to beat wigan at home, a team the shite demolished away a week ago, then not only would we not deserve to go through but on the off chance that we did after a replay are you seriously suggesting that we'd then go on to beat Man U or City?

I reckon you'll get a few bites with that one mate, good work.

March 08, 2013, 04:18:05 AM
Reply #73

Gash

Global Moderator

Actually, that's probably exactly what'll happen.  8)

March 08, 2013, 04:19:00 AM
Reply #74

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Mon dieu.

Sent from my cell.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin