December 13, 2017, 09:10:13 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 158331 times)

September 18, 2016, 11:22:16 PM
Reply #30

Macca77

Yes its a shithole area, basically because theres nothing there at the moment, that will change if and when the stadium gets built, retailers will be falling over eachother snapping up properties in the area, loads of room for new pubs, cafes and restaurants as well

deCoubertin

September 19, 2016, 12:42:01 AM
Reply #31

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if Brexit makes much difference to it all. A lot of regeneration money comes from the EU. Uncertainty about future funding opportunities may not help but on the other hand new stadia have transformed several grotty areas in various cities so the potential benefit economically isn't just to the football club it's to both the city and the wider area.
Then there's the possibility of the commonwealth games and, the icing on the cake, the perfect venue for a Blondie revival concert.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 19, 2016, 01:31:38 AM
Reply #32

therealdunc

The EU money for Liverpool and the rest of the UK has dwindled over the years as more countries have joined the EU which are generally alot poorer.

The club/council is more likely to get a big pot of money from the commonwealth games if they go down the route of hosting the games.

With the tv money in the premier league, it seems strange Everton would need the money from a public source as they could borrow it quite easily.

Peel ports are not short of a pound or two, I suspect any negotiations will be around how much of the future site and profits they will receive.
It would be of no suprise if Peel Ports part funded the new stadium and wider development, they can afford it and will not want to let such a lucrative commercial opportunity pass them by
Blue

September 19, 2016, 01:36:15 AM
Reply #33

Simon Paul

Administrator
The EU money for Liverpool and the rest of the UK has dwindled over the years as more countries have joined the EU which are generally alot poorer.

The club/council is more likely to get a big pot of money from the commonwealth games if they go down the route of hosting the games.

With the tv money in the premier league, it seems strange Everton would need the money from a public source as they could borrow it quite easily.

Peel ports are not short of a pound or two, I suspect any negotiations will be around how much of the future site and profits they will receive.
It would be of no suprise if Peel Ports part funded the new stadium and wider development, they can afford it and will not want to let such a lucrative commercial opportunity pass them by

the fella behind Peel has always maintained that they don't want to build a stadium and had no interest in one being on "their land"

I reckon if we build there it will be because we make them an offer they can't refuse on the land and help kick-start their own developments off - I doubt we'd be working in a close partnership though

September 19, 2016, 01:42:52 AM
Reply #34

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
"I reckon if we build there it will be because we make them an offer they can't refuse on the land"

So some poor bugger''s about to get the fright of his life and a horse loses its head?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 19, 2016, 01:53:51 AM
Reply #35

Simon Paul

Administrator
"I reckon if we build there it will be because we make them an offer they can't refuse on the land"

So some poor bugger''s about to get the fright of his life and a horse loses its head?

all's fair....

September 19, 2016, 02:12:39 AM
Reply #36

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

September 19, 2016, 02:12:58 AM
Reply #37

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

the fella behind Peel has always maintained that they don't want to build a stadium and had no interest in one being on "their land"

I reckon if we build there it will be because we make them an offer they can't refuse on the land and help kick-start their own developments off - I doubt we'd be working in a close partnership though

I suppose he said that a while ago now.

There's not been a massive amount of movement re Liverpool Waters bar that tower that's gone for planning the other week.

I guess it's not unreasonable that they'd now think that a stadium would kick start the whole thing.

September 19, 2016, 02:16:02 AM
Reply #38

Cozzie

September 19, 2016, 02:18:15 AM
Reply #39

Alanvideo

It's looking like a groundshare with Bramley Moore FC  :whistle:
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 19, 2016, 02:19:43 AM
Reply #40

Cozzie

It's looking like a groundshare with Bramley Moore FC  :whistle:

Bramley Moore V Everton - The Dockside Derby.

September 19, 2016, 02:20:31 AM
Reply #41

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I was keeping right up to date with Peel and the Mersey Gateway scheme util CABE and their ilk came close to pulling the plug on the whole thing.
He was never adamant there wouldn't be one as such. He just kept reperating that there were no plans or space in the current vision for the Liverpool Waters part of the project.

It's been scaled back so significantly though that it goes without saying plans have changed.

Also, Lizz, that can't be real.
I only say that because it is one of the most beautiful things i have ever seen and i refuse to believe we would be that lucky.
(Also, the graphic shows a city other than Liverpool behind it)

September 19, 2016, 02:26:38 AM
Reply #42

Alanvideo

From The Echo website today...........a very long article called Doughnut of Development ,Everton mentioned at the end.

Liverpool Waters (and Everton stadium)
Peelís £5.5bn plans to transform Liverpoolís north docks will take decades to come to completion - but there are already some interesting developments proposed for some of the land.

At the MIPIM property festival in Cannes earlier this year, Peelís Lindsey Ashworth promised that ď2017 is going to be the big year for Liverpool WatersĒ.

Peel hopes to start work on eight separate development sites around Princes Dock this year, including an office block and three residential towers.

Among them is Moda Livingís 34-storey skyscraper, including 204 apartments - a planning permission was submitted in June.

And a little further up the waterfront the old Bramley-Moore dock - most recently home to the Sound City music festival - could soon become home to Evertonís new stadium.
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 19, 2016, 03:50:45 AM
Reply #43

MmmBlueRamirez

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 19, 2016, 03:55:10 AM
Reply #44

Zoolander

Needs more batman lights
And fire
And a Dixie Dean statue with Lasers for eyes
And fire