April 25, 2018, 04:16:31 AM

Author Topic: Oumar Niasse  (Read 32682 times)

May 15, 2017, 07:16:48 AM
Reply #315

Evertonian in NC

No we don't. We get English commentators.

Yeah, and NBC's studio crew is the best in all of sport (that I've come across, anyway).  They don't dumb things down at all.  Robbie Earle even likes us!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 15, 2017, 07:25:31 AM
Reply #316

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, and NBC's studio crew is the best in all of sport (that I've come across, anyway).  They don't dumb things down at all.  Robbie Earle even likes us!

NBC's coverage is exceptional. I really hope they continue. There's nothing not to like about it really. The streams are superb. You miss a goal, you click on the pic when the goal was scored so you can see it again. Replays of the games are up in good time (not that I ever watch a game again). It's very well done and pretty unbiased. Guess they don't need to be biased.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

May 15, 2017, 11:07:33 AM
Reply #317

sixymack

They do a good job.  I enjoy Lee Dixon and Robbie Earle, although FOX did a good job as well, especially Warren Barton.

May 15, 2017, 01:27:35 PM
Reply #318

Lxxx

In life, what's your fault and what you are blamed for, are two different things. I don't think any fans will be too angry given they got the points. But negative incidents will always have an effect, even if only subtle.

I think it was clumsy enough that while Hull were on his side and angry at officials, he wasn't totally forgiven for giving them the chance. If they'd stayed up, he would be one of the heroes, they didn't so he's one of the many turds.

Michy Batshuayi didn't win Chelsea the league, but that one touch and goal changes everything for him.
They won the game, it was never a red and it was rescinded. It's a total non issue.

May 15, 2017, 02:20:09 PM
Reply #319

ally2

They do a good job.  I enjoy Lee Dixon and Robbie Earle, although FOX did a good job as well, especially Warren Barton.

pahahahahaha!  I cannot warm to that thunderbird

May 15, 2017, 03:21:17 PM
Reply #320

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah you do have to put up with some shit commentary and people still calling it soccer.

So it's swings and roundabouts I suppose.
It's the commentary we get on the ten pm sky show

Simply simply lovely

May 15, 2017, 03:28:11 PM
Reply #321

Bluedylan

22 pages on Oumar Niasse. Impressive.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 15, 2017, 03:32:02 PM
Reply #322

Lxxx

Hopefully a few more pages added over the summer.

May 15, 2017, 03:46:47 PM
Reply #323

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The requirements for a non EU player to receive a work permit are as follows

“internationally established at the highest level”; and
“whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level”.

How did he qualify ?

May 15, 2017, 04:14:51 PM
Reply #324

Ridge

They won the game, it was never a red and it was rescinded. It's a total non issue.

I'm sure most will agree with you, but I know there will be some who get context.

May 15, 2017, 04:17:08 PM
Reply #325

Lxxx

I'm sure most will agree with you, but I know there will be some who get context.

I couldn't agree more.

May 16, 2017, 03:26:24 PM
Reply #326

Liam

Administrator
Ony lukaku and barkely have score more goals than Niasse this season (let that sink in for a second)

May 16, 2017, 05:01:18 PM
Reply #327

Lxxx

Ony lukaku and barkely have score more goals than Niasse this season (let that sink in for a second)

It's not that momentous a stat though really is it?

May 16, 2017, 06:09:20 PM
Reply #328

KoemansNumberTens

It's not that momentous a stat though really is it?

No but it does suggest he should have featured for us

May 16, 2017, 06:14:51 PM
Reply #329

Lxxx

No but it does suggest he should have featured for us

It suggests nothing of the sort. It probably outlines that Hull didn't have many options in the striking department and we were over-reliant on one player for our goals.