June 26, 2017, 03:39:01 PM

Author Topic: Banning The Sun from Goodison  (Read 3869 times)

April 15, 2017, 12:27:53 AM
Read 3869 times

maccanacca

NSNO Subscriber
who's arsed?

The Sun send freelancers to Anfield to write their match reports, and watch the press conferences live on Youtube anyway for comments

they'd do the same at Everton

they don't get player interviews at Everton, they don't get anything "exclusive" so the only thing it would achieve would be making people think about The Sun again, the same as McKenzie's comments about Barkley and people on comparable wages in the city being drug dealers - it was to get people in Liverpool talking about The Sun, and it worked.

nobody north of Watford buys the piece of shit rag anyway
Stand up, if you love the Blues!

April 15, 2017, 12:49:45 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't mind seeing it but I don't think it matters massively at this stage either. It would be nice because a filthy fucking shitrag but it mattered more years ago when both clubs didn't come out and ban it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't still happen but the furore over it lately is somewhat random.

April 15, 2017, 12:51:10 AM
Reply #2

maccanacca

NSNO Subscriber
took the shite 27 years to ban it as well

can they really complain if it takes us that long to copy them?
Stand up, if you love the Blues!

April 15, 2017, 01:15:11 AM
Reply #3

Paddockoldie

I'm surprised it's not banned throughout the City. I live in Mancunia and was offered a free one at the petrol station... he heard my accent and did a "Oh..." as he took it back. I said I wouldn't wipe my arse on it mate.. he just nodded. We left it there.

April 15, 2017, 01:19:24 AM
Reply #4

Robioto

The Sun should be banned across the whole county, in fact all newspapers should be, the lie ridden, scare mongering pieces of shite.

April 15, 2017, 01:23:00 AM
Reply #5

BlueBeagle

took the shite 27 years to ban it as well

can they really complain if it takes us that long to copy them?

Fucking laughable isn't it.

Cabbies parked outside Goodison "protesting" over it and Joe Anderson spouting off how he's "ashamed to be an Evertonian".

If Liverpool and Everton had banned it from day dot then sound. For them to do it over a quarter of a century later and for people make out it's a huge deal that we haven't done the same is just farcical.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:42:30 AM by BlueBeagle »

April 15, 2017, 01:40:23 AM
Reply #6

Trowel

The reason for the delay was explained here - basically the sport desk used to be independent of the news desk, and were very much on the club's side.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sn-liverpool-took-28-years-12587844
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

April 15, 2017, 01:49:43 AM
Reply #7

BlueBeagle

The reason for the delay was explained here - basically the sport desk used to be independent of the news desk, and were very much on the club's side.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sn-liverpool-took-28-years-12587844

Seems a bit of a weak reason.

Different departments or not, they are still part of the same entity.

The News and Sport are still seperate, as they were back then, but they've now banned it totally. What's changed?

April 15, 2017, 01:50:06 AM
Reply #8

Bally

Administrator
So glad I'm not the only one to think the same way as the majority of this thread up to yet
It's the roll I way

April 15, 2017, 02:04:47 AM
Reply #9

74Blue

I think the club could release something along the lines of "we are aware of our neighbours recently banning one of the national newspapers. Having given some thought to the matter, we have decided that as the newspaper in question is so insignificant in our home city anyway, we are not even going to give them the satisfaction of being banned from our club too. We believe in equality and even buffoons need a comic to read. The target audience of the national in question barely have the brains that they were born with anyway, so would likely struggle with words of a.single syllable. This is Everton Football Club and we couldn't give a flying fuck about this particular shitty rag and the clowns who write the drivel in it!"
A full statement there and didn't mention The S*n once! That's the way to piss the cunts off.

April 15, 2017, 02:19:01 AM
Reply #10

Macca77

Pretty pointless banning a paper than no cunt buys anyway or am I missing the bigger picture here as usual

April 15, 2017, 02:33:39 AM
Reply #11

Ridge

They were the ones who published Barkley CCTV, they've given a platform to the turgid mind of McKenzie to make the comments. They've earned plenty of money off the Barkley incident, there's been no concern for Barkley in their coverage and McKenzie's comments make it very difficult not to react in some way. But in truth, there's not a lot the club can effect in this situation.

I think these bans are often a bit counter productive in that they tend to give publicity and banning sports reporters doesn't effect the opinion piece section of McKenzie, Morgan, Hopkins etc. You won't stop them covering you, you're just guaranteeing the sports reporters do so in a negative light from a distance.

But given that these comments tread dangerously close to areas where people are looking to set new guidelines in media. Sounds like he's been suspended, but still think this could end them up in plenty of trouble.

April 15, 2017, 03:13:58 AM
Reply #12

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Disappointed in the reaction of a lot of fan's towards Everton on this. Joe Anderson whipping up a storm and the fact is Everton are probably calmly considering their options. It doesn't help.

April 15, 2017, 03:14:40 AM
Reply #13

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Disappointed in the reaction of a lot of fan's towards Everton on this. Joe Anderson whipping up a storm and the fact is Everton are probably calmly considering their options. It doesn't help.

ANderson is a knob isnt he...
I have to return some videotapes.

April 15, 2017, 03:15:37 AM
Reply #14

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

ANderson is a knob isnt he...

Yeah he's a massive attention seeker, he might be good for us in terms of the stadium but Evertonian or not, he's a tit.