May 25, 2017, 01:50:05 PM

Author Topic: Banning The Sun from Goodison  (Read 3511 times)

April 15, 2017, 03:20:49 AM
Reply #15

Macca77

I do wish Anderson would just fuck off, he tweeted earlier saying something like how can we show respect to the 96 when we allow the paper the smeared the victims into the stadium

April 15, 2017, 03:27:56 AM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I've called him out on it but the wagon is rolling now.

April 15, 2017, 03:34:36 AM
Reply #17

Mayor Farnum

There's a bigger issue here. Are we going to let fuckin cabbies tell us what to do?

April 15, 2017, 03:35:31 AM
Reply #18

BlueBeagle

There's a bigger issue here. Are we going to let fuckin cabbies tell us what to do?

lolol lolol lolol

April 15, 2017, 03:39:10 AM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
All seems a bit 'shutting the gate after the horse has bolted', the cynic in me thinks it's just another way of keeping Hillsborough in the news. Sorry if that sounds harsh but we've stood by them on this right from the start but we shouldn't be forced to do something just because they have and everyone gets outraged if we don't.

April 15, 2017, 03:51:38 AM
Reply #20

Bally

Administrator
You know what I wasn't going to really make this public but I spoke to they guy who runs the campaign a few weeks ago when we were giving out the Alex Young fanzine.
This conversation took place after a heated conversation with some shouty guy who was with Dave Kelly, anyone who witnessed this could testify to my reaction when he tried to suggest the fans forum seemed to be OK with the #shitrag allowed at the ground.
Luckily I'm who I am and can look after myself but he could have been interpreted as threatening, he wasn't he was just trying to vehemently defend his corner, which is fine, but do not attack when you do not have all the facts. I told him the same as I told the organisers of the #ShunTheSun or total eclipse whatever they're called, I'm not arsed, I though it had happened years ago, I actually don't care a fuck about that #Shitrag and they are giving it publicity they don't need to give, the organiser said and I quote "I reckon we can kill the paper, I'm happy to give it publicity if we can rid it". Now I really can't get on board with that mentality, especially when his own club took more than a quarter century to bin it, I left wishing him well and all the luck in the world, but he needs to watch who are associated with him, some may see an aggressive approach in a bad light.

There is loads more that went on but I shall not divulge, I was heading towards my daughter and that put all my other thoughts into perspective.
It's the roll I way

April 15, 2017, 03:57:17 AM
Reply #21

Jamokachi

You know what I wasn't going to really make this public but I spoke to they guy who runs the campaign a few weeks ago when we were giving out the Alex Young fanzine.
This conversation took place after a heated conversation with some shouty guy who was with Dave Kelly, anyone who witnessed this could testify to my reaction when he tried to suggest the fans forum seemed to be OK with the #shitrag allowed at the ground.
Luckily I'm who I am and can look after myself but he could have been interpreted as threatening, he wasn't he was just trying to vehemently defend his corner, which is fine, but do not attack when you do not have all the facts. I told him the same as I told the organisers of the #ShunTheSun or total eclipse whatever they're called, I'm not arsed, I though it had happened years ago, I actually don't care a fuck about that #Shitrag and they are giving it publicity they don't need to give, the organiser said and I quote "I reckon we can kill the paper, I'm happy to give it publicity if we can rid it". Now I really can't get on board with that mentality, especially when his own club took more than a quarter century to bin it, I left wishing him well and all the luck in the world, but he needs to watch who are associated with him, some may see an aggressive approach in a bad light.

There is loads more that went on but I shall not divulge, I was heading towards my daughter and that put all my other thoughts into perspective.

The sun sells millions of copies a week, and hasn't been bought in Liverpool for 25 years. No way on earth is their campaign going to "kill" it, sadly.

April 15, 2017, 04:00:20 AM
Reply #22

Gash

Global Moderator
There's always people who seem hell bent on having a dig at the club about something. It's almost like now that things are going pretty well and heading in a good direction that this is just another stick to beat the club with.

April 15, 2017, 04:03:07 AM
Reply #23

burkey17

I am blue through and through and I have not bought the Sun in my life and very rarely these days buy a paper. If I do it's the Mirror and the Mail on a Saturday (sorry!) excellent tele guide for the week! But my opinion is that if you don't have an opinion well whatever......
So I think....

From a smack in a bar which I think he was not 'totally innocent ' in that there were words and Barkley touching his chin... so maybe somethings gone one?and as allegedly the perpetrator got a 'a good kicking' so obviously I don't think there will be any 'charges' I doubt?!
Anyway apart from that this is what such bog roll is read everyday- maybe 8 million?! Anyway I was very surprised if I do not congratulate Lineker (not his biggest fan) but fair play. And the rest of the broadsheet press. Horrible reporting.....yeah he might be din at times?! but to bring up his heritage and have the generic chance to take the chance to take the piss out of Scousers and anniversary tomorrow.........F off gutter press! And that t...!

http://www.givemesport.com/1030080-gary-lineker-blasts-kelvin-mackenzie-on-twitter-after-ross-barkley-comments?autoplay=on

April 15, 2017, 04:04:10 AM
Reply #24

Bally

Administrator
There's always people who seem hell bent on having a dig at the club about something. It's almost like now that things are going pretty well and heading in a good direction that this is just another stick to beat the club with.
Mate I wish you could see every fucking dig certain fan groups throw at the club, I'm astonished /astounded they actually support the club.
I mean it's an actual fucking joke.
It's the roll I way

April 15, 2017, 04:04:27 AM
Reply #25

Mayor Farnum

The Sun has always been a shit paper and told plenty of lies about plenty of people long before Hillsborough. The fact that it was the biggest selling paper in a working class city is a disgrace.
Maybe itís a bit of guilt about that helping to fuel this push for a ban.

April 15, 2017, 06:26:39 AM
Reply #26

Alfie Noakes

Most people in Liverpool have successfully boycotted the sun for years so I don't understand why anyone should want to ban it.

McKenzie is definitely a horrible man but if I was at Everton I'd publicly invite him to visit the club. It'd be a win-win because whatever the outcome, McKenzie would end up looking a fool.

April 15, 2017, 06:47:37 AM
Reply #27

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
Bet their website has got plenty of clicks from this.

Job done Kelvin have a few weeks off on paid leave.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 15, 2017, 07:32:04 AM
Reply #28

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Bet their website has got plenty of clicks from this.

Job done Kelvin have a few weeks off on paid leave.

And there in lies the problem. KM doesn't give a shit that's he's suspended, he's done his job and the paper gets its moment in the limelight again. And all the mouth breathing, knuckle draggers  who buy it will have their stereotypical views of scousers reinforced.i

As for Joe Anderson, the man needs to show more class and professionalism for the role he holds. If I tweeted like he does about education I would be up on a professional misconduct charge
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:53:05 PM by Brownie20 »
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 15, 2017, 03:33:21 PM
Reply #29

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not having this at all.

Anyone having a go at the club for not banning the sun needs to fuck off.

What will banning the sun achieve? All you're doing is banning certain journalists by association.

Liverpool did it as a publicity stunt, hence why it took 27 years.

A ban is meaningless. We'll continue the do great work with the community and support the families as we have been doing for years.

A ban is absolute meaningless and we shouldn't be dictated to by a couple of attention seeking Twitter kick off merchants.