August 20, 2017, 11:05:35 AM

Author Topic: Banning The Sun from Goodison  (Read 4295 times)

April 18, 2017, 10:45:42 PM
Reply #90

Major Clanger

Racism is so last century. All the cool kids down with the science are cladeists now.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

deCoubertin

April 19, 2017, 02:01:29 PM
Reply #91

Toddacelli

This isn't censorship, as you say, but as I've said, I don't agree with bans of any kind (apart from maybe ultra exceptional circumstances). I haven't mentioned infringing people's rights.

You brought up censorship - which is the suppression of free speech - which is a basic human right in most societies. But I'm not here to argue semantics.

For what it's worth, I understand and agree to some extent with the 'bandwagony' comment. People seem to really enjoy feeling outrage at the simplest thing these days.

Having said that, the things that publication said and did, and denied, and refused to apologised for - for many years. When I think of whether or not it is time to let bygones by bygones, I think of the people who campaigned for years but passed away without ever seeing justice or ever knowing if their loved ones were ever vindicated.

My own personal choice is to never have anything to do with them again, but each to his or her own.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 19, 2017, 02:28:05 PM
Reply #92

Bluedylan

You brought up censorship - which is the suppression of free speech - which is a basic human right in most societies. But I'm not here to argue semantics.

For what it's worth, I understand and agree to some extent with the 'bandwagony' comment. People seem to really enjoy feeling outrage at the simplest thing these days.

Having said that, the things that publication said and did, and denied, and refused to apologised for - for many years. When I think of whether or not it is time to let bygones by bygones, I think of the people who campaigned for years but passed away without ever seeing justice or ever knowing if their loved ones were ever vindicated.

My own personal choice is to never have anything to do with them again, but each to his or her own.

Yeah, as I said, I shouldn't have mentioned censorship. That's a separate point.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

May 15, 2017, 09:36:35 PM
Reply #93

april

Toffeegirls Rule.

May 15, 2017, 10:10:45 PM
Reply #94

Ridge

By mutual consent

May 15, 2017, 10:58:14 PM
Reply #95

ihatecollina

The bird in the pink is back.....

May 15, 2017, 11:42:41 PM
Reply #96

Macca77

With a nice lump sum in his arse pocket

May 16, 2017, 12:18:08 AM
Reply #97

Thornton_19

I dont understand this at all to be honest, McKenzies presence isnt going to sway scousers into buying the paper is it?
He will Probably just go get a fat wedge writing somewhere else.
Sadly it doesn't represent a victory in anything.

May 16, 2017, 04:49:27 AM
Reply #98

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news