June 26, 2017, 03:38:47 PM

Author Topic: Henry Onyekuru  (Read 2145 times)

May 01, 2017, 09:25:46 AM
Read 2145 times

Ridge

Link on the BBC site gossip from the Sun.

Belgian, 19, left winger, very right footed. From video, looks raw and like he's got afterburners, scored 5 goals in April.

Link to Sun

Everton jump queue for Nigerian starlet Henry Onyekuru… and plan to beat rivals to £7million signature

Left winger is the talk of Belgium where he is in top form for KAS Eupen and already attracting offers from European giants
Exclusive
By Alan Nixon
30th April 2017, 11:52 am
Updated: 30th April 2017, 11:53 am

EVERTON are jumping the queue for promising Nigerian Henry Onyekuru — and plan to beat their rivals to his £7million signature.

The left winger, 19, is the talk of Belgium where he is in top form for KAS Eupen and already attracting offers from Celtic, Southampton and Sevilla.

Keep up to date with ALL the Premier League news, gossip, transfers and goals on our club page plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

However Everton have now been over the North Sea to try to close a move for Onyekuru who could fill in for long-term crock Yannick Bolasie.

Onyekuru is scoring a goal nearly every two games — despite playing wide. And he would fit right into Ronald Koeman’s plans as the Dutch boss likes exciting emerging players.

The Toffees would have to pay a large fee and wages to get Onyekuru into the country. As he has not been capped by Nigeria’s full national side, he would need a work permit.

Celtic thought they had an advantage in the race because the rules for admission in Scotland are slacker than in England.
The Toffees would have to pay a large fee and wages to get Onyekuru into the country with the likes of Sevilla also keen

Toffees would have to pay a large fee and wages to get Onyekuru into the country with the likes of Sevilla also keen

But if Everton pay the right fee and salary they have a great chance of getting the player through the appeals.

Meanwhile, Preston are in talks with Everton about a full-time deal for Aiden McGeady. The Republic of Ireland star, 31, has been superb on loan in the Championship.

May 01, 2017, 02:16:26 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

Looks very raw and his end product needs lots of work but at 19 and scoring 1 in 2 he has the time.

Looks very exciting but then we always go mad on a YouTube vid!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 01, 2017, 02:29:05 PM
Reply #2

GrantyBoy78

We need an eye on the future but Ron says we need 26, 27, 28 & 29 year olds. He's right, we need 'plug and play' players like Morgan.

May 01, 2017, 04:46:28 PM
Reply #3

Trowel

” I read somewhere that I met with Everton during the week. I won’t say anything about that for now, but in the coming days my next destination will be revealed”, Onyekuru told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” The main goal for me now is to go to a club where I can develop, and hopefully make the Nigerian team to the 2018 World Cup, that will play a big role in my decision making”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/01/exclusive-red-hot-onyekuru-refuses-to-deny-contact-with-everton/
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

May 01, 2017, 04:56:50 PM
Reply #4

Rhys

Looks very raw and his end product needs lots of work but at 19 and scoring 1 in 2 he has the time.

Looks very exciting but then we always go mad on a YouTube vid!

I watched the first minute and thought if that's his first minutes of highlights then raw is one way of putting it....that finish on 23 seconds!!

May 01, 2017, 06:03:21 PM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

I watched the first minute and thought if that's his first minutes of highlights then raw is one way of putting it....that finish on 23 seconds!!

There are better ones in there but yeah - I thought "why the hell are those clips on first and not buried later in the vid?"

May 01, 2017, 06:37:25 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Do we need more Ademola Lookman's who might prove useful in the next few years?

We need more Sigurdsson's who'll deliver you double figures in goals and assists from day one.

May 01, 2017, 06:46:15 PM
Reply #7

MartinezsLeftTeste

Do we need more Ademola Lookman's who might prove useful in the next few years?

We need more Sigurdsson's who'll deliver you double figures in goals and assists from day one.

We need both

May 01, 2017, 07:11:30 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

We need both

We already have Calvert Lewin and Lookman, both young prospects who we hope will come good in the next few years.

Our more pressing concern is who will get us double figures next season.

May 01, 2017, 07:41:48 PM
Reply #9

WeimaranerBlues

watch a few minutes just looked he had pace and that's all to me

May 01, 2017, 07:52:56 PM
Reply #10

MartinezsLeftTeste

We already have Calvert Lewin and Lookman, both young prospects who we hope will come good in the next few years.

Our more pressing concern is who will get us double figures next season.

Are you suggesting we just don't bother if we identify someone who could potentially become a world beater? Everyone's more pressing concern is now rather than the future. We surely need to plan for the future too though. More than every side above us because we currently can't sign readymade stars

May 01, 2017, 07:55:30 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

Are you suggesting we just don't bother if we identify someone who could potentially become a world beater? Everyone's more pressing concern is now rather than the future. We surely need to plan for the future too though. More than every side above us because we currently can't sign readymade stars

Exactly. You have both at most clubs. People work on the here and now, and people work on the future. They are not mutually exclusive.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

May 01, 2017, 08:06:11 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There are better ones in there but yeah - I thought "why the hell are those clips on first and not buried later in the vid?"

Yep. Like pretty much everything, you want the best first, otherwise people click away. Like I did.

However, 10 minutes of youtube highlights at just 19 shows he must have something about him.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

May 01, 2017, 08:21:09 PM
Reply #13

Toddacelli

10 minutes of youtube highlights at just 19 shows he must have something about him.

A filmcrew?

;)

May 01, 2017, 09:12:59 PM
Reply #14

Bluebridge

To be fair, we already do identify youngsters and snap them up, and have done for some time, we do need to concentrate more on the now. Like you say, we need to do both, but the NOW is more important at this present time.