October 20, 2017, 10:58:33 PM

Author Topic: Aaron Lennon  (Read 5984 times)

May 03, 2017, 07:17:57 PM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

Great that this has come to light before something really bad happened.

He should get the support needed now, unlike a lot of people who suffer in silence.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

deCoubertin

May 03, 2017, 08:07:24 PM
Reply #46

formerKHL

unfortunately a lot of people don't "know" the symptoms so don't recognise and accept their mental state....then even after they hit a low a lot of people stay in denial..."embarrassed" to seek help...

May 03, 2017, 08:08:07 PM
Reply #47

Redartin

It is sad news, and when you think about it, he was out and about doing whatever he was at, the very same time his team mates were playing Chelsea.

I know the club cannot be with him 24/7 but maybe bringing him to a game and letting him meet up with friends for the day would have got him through that day. Maybe they did offer and he just wanted to be alone. I know it is all hind sight and talk after an event is easy, but I hope the club are doing their bit and him and his family get through all this successfully.

He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

May 03, 2017, 08:13:08 PM
Reply #48

formerKHL

to be fair squad players whether available or not are expected to attend games regardless and usually have to have "permission" not to attend.....

May 03, 2017, 08:28:01 PM
Reply #49

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Everton football club is the best club/company to help you when you have mental health issues. Ive had quite a few meetings with EITC about mental health and how art and sport can help, and they are incredible. Im sure he will be well looked after, thank fully.
I have to return some videotapes.

May 03, 2017, 08:46:45 PM
Reply #50

Lincs Toffee

It should be talked about all the time, it should be approached all the time, if you even think that someone is suffering go and ask, I do, I know first hand how bad it can get.

This.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

May 03, 2017, 08:57:48 PM
Reply #51

formerKHL

Everton football club is the best club/company to help you when you have mental health issues. Ive had quite a few meetings with EITC about mental health and how art and sport can help, and they are incredible. Im sure he will be well looked after, thank fully.

thankfully they will have caught it early enough to get him through it with as little distress to him as possible...

May 03, 2017, 09:17:47 PM
Reply #52

Major Clanger

unfortunately a lot of people don't "know" the symptoms so don't recognise and accept their mental state....then even after they hit a low a lot of people stay in denial..."embarrassed" to seek help...

It's a lot harder for footballers too, being expected to appear strong and macho at all times.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 03, 2017, 09:34:50 PM
Reply #53

formerKHL

It's a lot harder for footballers too, being expected to appear strong and macho at all times.

and in the public arena...

May 03, 2017, 10:35:37 PM
Reply #54

Evertonian in NC

The NFL has gotten much more open about this in the past 5 or so years, thankfully.  But it took a rash of suicides to do it.  The head trauma involved in professional sport can be a serious trigger for brain chemical changes (in addition to the "it can happen to anybody" factor), plus the whole "macho culture" keeping things under wraps for so long.

Good article about one of my childhood heroes, who's been remarkably brave in telling his story:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-nfl-quarterback-describes-life-after-his-failed-suicide-attempt-in-2015/
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 03, 2017, 11:25:51 PM
Reply #55

Trowel

Everton winger Aaron Lennon is not suffering from a long-standing mental health issue and is expected to make a full recovery in the short term, BBC Sport understands.

The 30-year-old was detained under the Mental Health Act by police over concerns for his welfare.

He was taken to hospital "for assessment" after police were called to Salford on Sunday.

It is understood his condition is a recent occurrence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39797244
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

May 03, 2017, 11:26:08 PM
Reply #56

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 04, 2017, 12:54:23 AM
Reply #57

BlueForYou

Be kind to yourself, Aaron - and come through in your own time

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 04, 2017, 01:50:56 AM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Great that this has come to light before something really bad happened.

He should get the support needed now, unlike a lot of people who suffer in silence.

Had a friend just get up and do it one day.

Nobody had any idea he was struggling. Always mega mega confident. Good with girls, great shape, wouldn't take shit off people. One day just walked out in the morning and now he's gone, and no one even knew he was struggling with anything.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 04, 2017, 01:57:12 AM
Reply #59

eyesalwaysblue

Lost nearly 6 years of my life to stress related illness, terrible thing,he will get the best help
with Everton  no doubt...All the best lad..
I still despise Clive Thomas..