December 14, 2017, 02:28:58 AM

Author Topic: [News]New home kit to be revealed within 2 weeks – with new sponsor  (Read 14910 times)

May 04, 2017, 02:25:53 AM
Reply #15

Simon Paul

Administrator
our "commercial deals" are said to be worth 75m a season - that's what we were told at the AGM anyway

deCoubertin

May 04, 2017, 02:51:59 AM
Reply #16

Waltzer

Really really pissed off if this is the sponsor, forget the fact that it might be more money etc. We need to take a look at ourselves. This is one of the primary things people notice about you and we've gone with a shite betting company, with a shite logo that also sponsor a shite team.
It sums us up to be honest, all the talk about how were changing on and off the pitch then we get served up this.
I might be on my own on this and others see it as purely how much money we get in etc, but id rather wear something that looks good and id much rather stick with Chang for less money than walk around with SportPesa on  the front

May 04, 2017, 02:54:41 AM
Reply #17

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Really really pissed off if this is the sponsor, forget the fact that it might be more money etc. We need to take a look at ourselves. This is one of the primary things people notice about you and we've gone with a shite betting company, with a shite logo that also sponsor a shite team.
It sums us up to be honest, all the talk about how were changing on and off the pitch then we get served up this.
I might be on my own on this and others see it as purely how much money we get in etc, but id rather wear something that looks good and id much rather stick with Chang for less money than walk around with SportPesa on  the front

So rather alcohol than betting? Alcohol ruins more lives than betting does. Have a word with yourself and fix your moral compass. Cos at the moment it's broke
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 04, 2017, 02:56:18 AM
Reply #18

Major Clanger

So rather alcohol than betting? Alcohol ruins more lives than betting does. Have a word with yourself and fix your moral compass. Cos at the moment it's broke

They're both bad when abused.

But only one ruins football even when it isn't.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 04, 2017, 02:59:42 AM
Reply #19

ally2

It doesn't sum us up at all. It's the exception. And it hasn't even happened.

There's no need to have a word with yourself though. You're fine :-)

May 04, 2017, 03:04:57 AM
Reply #20

Waltzer

This isn't a moral issue for me, more an aesthetical one and perception one.  Their logo is terrible and boring and they're associated with a nothing club.  I think we could've done better all round whether that be alcohol or betting or anything.
You could say I'm being a sponsor snob that's all!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:06:18 AM by Waltzer »

May 04, 2017, 03:12:45 AM
Reply #21

Macca77

This isn't a moral issue for me, more an aesthetical one and perception one.  Their logo is terrible and boring and they're associated with a nothing club.  I think we could've done better all round whether that be alcohol or betting or anything.

My thoughts exactly, surely there are more attractive deals out there

May 04, 2017, 03:14:02 AM
Reply #22

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

May 04, 2017, 03:14:47 AM
Reply #23

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone getting on their high horse about a betting company can fuck off.

May 04, 2017, 03:23:24 AM
Reply #24

BlueBeagle

Let's get sponsored by Apple or Samsung then for half the money yeah?

Everyone moans (me especially) at the shit commercial aspect of the club. We go out and score a sponsorship worth good money and you complain because you don't like the firm/logo. Have a day off.

How many people knew what Standard Chartered did before they sponsored those pricks? How many people do you know that drive a Chevrolet? When have you ever gone to Kwikfit and insisted on Yokohama tyres?

May 04, 2017, 03:26:13 AM
Reply #25

Everton Mint

If their statement is true, sounds about as ethical as betting companies get:

https://www.sportpesa.org/

May 04, 2017, 03:36:03 AM
Reply #26

Waltzer

Let's get sponsored by Apple or Samsung then for half the money yeah?

Everyone moans (me especially) at the shit commercial aspect of the club. We go out and score a sponsorship worth good money and you complain because you don't like the firm/logo. Have a day off.

How many people knew what Standard Chartered did before they sponsored those pricks? How many people do you know that drive a Chevrolet? When have you ever gone to Kwikfit and insisted on Yokohama tyres?
I just think in this apparant new dawn we could've done better. We've basically got the same kit manufacturer and sponsor as hull for the next 2 years. Yes they might pay us more but its hardly a prestigious partnership that sets the world alight in my opinion.

May 04, 2017, 03:38:49 AM
Reply #27

toshyboy

It's the kids I feel sorry for. No sponsors on their replica kits again

May 04, 2017, 04:17:22 AM
Reply #28

ally2

I'll hate the kit anyway.  I always do

May 04, 2017, 04:19:49 AM
Reply #29

Macca77