May 24, 2017, 01:55:17 AM

Author Topic: Jordan Pickford  (Read 8149 times)

May 19, 2017, 11:39:48 PM
Reply #210

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If Koeman, Walsh and Ludowijks want him and Moshiri is willing to pay whatever it costs to get him then that's fine by me, it's not my money or any of yours is it.

May 19, 2017, 11:42:06 PM
Reply #211

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's probably the most important we need to fill in the summer so why not get him in ASAP and let him bed through early stage Europa?

May 20, 2017, 12:23:31 AM
Reply #212

MartinezsLeftTeste

If Koeman, Walsh and Ludowijks want him and Moshiri is willing to pay whatever it costs to get him then that's fine by me, it's not my money or any of yours is it.

I doubt very much koeman wants him whatever it costs. We have a budget and he'll want the most possible out of it.

People who have no problem spending whatever just arent playing in the real world. Unless you're 1 of the 5 or 6 super rich teams or you're 1 player away from your perfect team spending double the value on players is only gonna see you run out of money without success

May 20, 2017, 12:25:55 AM
Reply #213

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I doubt very much koeman wants him whatever it costs. We have a budget and he'll want the most possible out of it.

People who have no problem spending whatever just arent playing in the real world. Unless you're 1 of the 5 or 6 super rich teams or you're 1 player away from your perfect team spending double the value on players is only gonna see you run out of money without success

It's very easy to spend other people's money.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

May 20, 2017, 12:45:42 AM
Reply #214

MartinezsLeftTeste

It's very easy to spend other people's money.

I just don't understand the it's not our money line. If they are going to invest 100m then it's in our interests that we get the absolute most for it. Getting value should matter to every one of us

May 20, 2017, 12:48:58 AM
Reply #215

Evertonian in NC

If we go "endless wad of cash" I'd throw that at VVD and bargain buy Schmeichel.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 20, 2017, 01:33:05 AM
Reply #216

claimabstract

Moyes says he wants 30 million for Pickford.

Not quite really what the article says. From the BBC article:
When asked if Pickford's asking price would be in the region of 30m, Moyes replied: "Yes."

The reporter could have asked 20M or 40M, and Moyes might have said yes. "In the region of" allows a lot of room for exaggeration. It's a guessing game as to what Sunderland would accept, regardless of what Moyes says.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39980308

May 20, 2017, 02:16:52 AM
Reply #217

Macca77

10 million plus the Irish Messi and he's ours

May 20, 2017, 03:10:19 AM
Reply #218

ally2

I'd pay it.

I'm not at all comparing him to Buffon, but juve overpaid for him and look at the service he's given them.

You've got your keeper for 10 years there.

You necessarily have to compare to Buffon though.  That argument only works if Pickford turns out to be brilliant.

May 20, 2017, 03:31:25 AM
Reply #219

toffee_scot

Could be a long protracted saga.

Sunderland are not looking great financially though and having just been relegated, they are not in a strong negotiating position. I expect him to leave for just over 20m.

May 20, 2017, 03:51:10 AM
Reply #220

Bob Sacamano

I'd probably overpay for him. But I reckon we won't get anyone in. Fuck Koeman, fuck Moshiri and Fuck Robles for being a shit goalie.

Tranzfur crankin' to the max @TheRam @Audrey Horne

May 20, 2017, 03:36:03 PM
Reply #221

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
You necessarily have to compare to Buffon though.  That argument only works if Pickford turns out to be brilliant.

Or if prices had remained constant over the years

May 20, 2017, 04:59:53 PM
Reply #222

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I'd probably overpay for him. But I reckon we won't get anyone in. Fuck Koeman, fuck Moshiri and Fuck Robles for being a shit goalie.

Tranzfur crankin' to the max @TheRam @Audrey Horne

we are shit, Everton that.
I have to return some videotapes.

May 20, 2017, 05:50:36 PM
Reply #223

TheTone

20m minus what they still owe us for Pienaar, Gibbo and Oviedo, so that's 19.9999 million we owe them then

May 20, 2017, 06:54:28 PM
Reply #224

Rodenplav64

I just don't understand the it's not our money line. If they are going to invest 100m then it's in our interests that we get the absolute most for it. Getting value should matter to every one of us

Me neither as it is hardly a cheap day out now never mind when we have a new stadium and a more expensive workforce .