August 22, 2017, 12:30:44 AM

Author Topic: [News]Barkley given ultimatum  (Read 21801 times)

May 12, 2017, 09:11:42 PM
Reply #15

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Does it matter how longs on each contract if Koeman only wants players who are committed to Everton and one of them has firmly stated he's not and dreams of other clubs yet the other hasn't said anything?

Of course it matters, Koeman needs to plan, what he does with Lukaku the ball is in his court, he can keep him for another 12 months if he wants and then sell him if Lukaku still wants to go, with Barkley he only has 12 months left then he is worth fuck all to the club and goes on a free.

deCoubertin

May 12, 2017, 09:16:46 PM
Reply #16

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Does it matter how longs on each contract if Koeman only wants players who are committed to Everton and one of them has firmly stated he's not and dreams of other clubs yet the other hasn't said anything?

That's precisely the problem, "the other hasn't said anything" !

May 12, 2017, 09:17:49 PM
Reply #17

blue1948

How's that effect the Lukaku sistuation then?

He's forever talking about moving on in the media (something Barkley has never done) and he's refused his new contract point blank and stated he won't sign a new deal (not something Barkleys done).

Give me a year to see the difference

May 12, 2017, 09:23:10 PM
Reply #18

blue1948

I think Ross will bring a decent fee ,if he goes, there are many managers out there thinking how they will make him into the next Gazza ,only time will tell but my money is on him staying and still not making the next Gazza .
The best thing is we will all know quite soon .I suppose Ross will be offered more money elsewhere and that could be the crux of it all

May 12, 2017, 09:31:39 PM
Reply #19

Ross

Of course it matters, Koeman needs to plan, what he does with Lukaku the ball is in his court, he can keep him for another 12 months if he wants and then sell him if Lukaku still wants to go, with Barkley he only has 12 months left then he is worth fuck all to the club and goes on a free.

If it's about money then Lukaku is probably at his optimum value this summer.

If it's about commitment then he's at his lowest point after turning down an offer and repeatedly telling everyone he wants CL football and an elite club.

That's precisely the problem, "the other hasn't said anything" !

A running commentary from Barkley on this, like Lukaku and his agent gave over the last year or so, would have been a better way of them sorting this out?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 12, 2017, 10:35:34 PM
Reply #20

everton1952

What fee would you ask or expect to get for Barkley?

May 12, 2017, 10:40:54 PM
Reply #21

blue1948

What fee would you ask or expect to get for Barkley?
Seriously if we got more than 20million I think we will do well ,yes I know I will get battered but I did work in a fishy

May 12, 2017, 10:41:21 PM
Reply #22

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
If it's about money then Lukaku is probably at his optimum value this summer.

If it's about commitment then he's at his lowest point after turning down an offer and repeatedly telling everyone he wants CL football and an elite club.

A running commentary from Barkley on this, like Lukaku and his agent gave over the last year or so, would have been a better way of them sorting this out?

I think the difference is between turning down an extension and turning down, basically, a contract renewal.

It may also be the case lukaku has given the answer (no) and so Koeman doesn't care because he knows he is selling him this summer anyway?
With Barkley he hasn't had an answer either way so has had to set an ultimatum?

May 12, 2017, 10:47:34 PM
Reply #23

hannu

am not even bothered if he goes now

May 12, 2017, 10:58:32 PM
Reply #24

Ridge

I thought it might have been over money, but I think the issue is more about not wanting to play for Koeman.

If he wanted to leave or stay it would have been easy.

May 13, 2017, 01:28:54 AM
Reply #25

cantoffee

Wouldn't we still get a tribunal fee if Barkley were to leave at the end of next season? Just wondering what we could expect and if it's worth hanging on to him of he doesn't sign this summer.

May 13, 2017, 01:34:09 AM
Reply #26

BlueBeagle

I thought it might have been over money, but I think the issue is more about not wanting to play for Koeman.

If that is the case then I'd wonder if he doesn't want to play under Koeman because he demands things of his players and doesn't spend his whole time blowing smoke up Barkleys arse like little Roberto?

May 13, 2017, 01:50:38 AM
Reply #27

School of Science

If that is the case then I'd wonder if he doesn't want to play under Koeman because he demands things of his players and doesn't spend his whole time blowing smoke up Barkleys arse like little Roberto?

Seriously mate if he doesn't like Koeman's  demands, God help him when he gets Pinnochio's, ( spelling I know ) at Spurs.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

May 13, 2017, 03:15:59 AM
Reply #28

Macca77

May 13, 2017, 03:46:09 AM
Reply #29

Major Clanger

You shouldn't.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel