October 20, 2017, 10:54:29 PM

Author Topic: [News]Barkley given ultimatum  (Read 24996 times)

May 13, 2017, 12:27:59 PM
Reply #60

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman states that it's a "Sign or sell" situation but it's still entirely in Barkley's hands.

We seem to be forgetting that he is more than within his rights to reject a contract and sale.

I'd assume it's more that we'll look to sign players in his position as we'd have to assume he wants to go; therefore he'd be at risk of not really playing for a year if he just wants to see his contract out.

deCoubertin

May 13, 2017, 01:18:54 PM
Reply #61

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'd assume it's more that we'll look to sign players in his position as we'd have to assume he wants to go; therefore he'd be at risk of not really playing for a year if he just wants to see his contract out.

he's hardly in contention for a place in the England World Cup side anyway is he?

I'd tell Koeman to fuck off and collect my wages for a year, get my head together, then move somewhere on a free, prove Koeman wrong, and enjoy the Qatar competition as captain of my country.

May 13, 2017, 01:33:35 PM
Reply #62

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
he's hardly in contention for a place in the England World Cup side anyway is he?

I'd tell Koeman to fuck off and collect my wages for a year, get my head together, then move somewhere on a free, prove Koeman wrong, and enjoy the Qatar competition as captain of my country.

Yeah but you hate Koeman so...
I have to return some videotapes.

May 13, 2017, 01:33:55 PM
Reply #63

eyesalwaysblue

Ron made him train really really hard when he was fat and unfit and pretty useless to anyone,
that was Martinez's fault but if Ross is a bit of a lazy trainer he may have resented the tough love,
he loves the club and the fans he surely has all our boyhood dreams at his fingertips so for me he
must have a personal issue somewhere, can't be money surely.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

May 13, 2017, 02:29:43 PM
Reply #64

Simon Paul

Administrator
Yeah but you hate Koeman so...

Disagree with....

Not getting attached to....

Probably better ways of putting it. Hate is reserved for people I know on a much more personal level!

May 13, 2017, 02:37:44 PM
Reply #65

Lxxx

Disagree with....

Not getting attached to....

Probably better ways of putting it. Hate is reserved for people I know on a much more personal level!

Why the antipathy towards him?

May 13, 2017, 02:49:36 PM
Reply #66

ajax_andy

Can't help feeling Koeman is trying to push him out here, maybe Ross wants 100k a week and Koeman thinks he's only going to be a squad player next year so not worth it, quite possibly offering him a squad player wage which is far less than Ross wants / expects and telling him to like it or leave, possibly hoping he'll leave and he can use that wage on 2 players who will improve the squad more.

May 13, 2017, 03:07:55 PM
Reply #67

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Why the antipathy towards him?

Cos he wont meet fan groups haha ;)
I have to return some videotapes.

May 13, 2017, 03:08:57 PM
Reply #68

BlueNoseMike

I was puzzling for the third player and didn't want to sound dumb by asking .Then it hit me you must be on about Gerry ,yes the one and only -talented , wonderful Gerry .I am surprised you didn't mention we "may have sold " our 4th most talented ,Mirallas .
Think ridge meant barkley lukaku and stones

May 13, 2017, 04:52:59 PM
Reply #69

Everton Mint

Any interview with (goalscorer) Barkley after last nights game ?

May 13, 2017, 05:38:35 PM
Reply #70

van der Meyde

We should be doing that anyway.

May 13, 2017, 05:47:35 PM
Reply #71

Ross

Unless they totally tank in all the cups again there should be plenty of matches for Barkley to play in and earn his place on merit.

Or are you suggesting Koeman would exile him like Niasse?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 13, 2017, 05:53:21 PM
Reply #72

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I can only assume that koem an knows there is interest in Barkley, the type of interest that could turn his head when he says it's sign or be sold. It's not as if say West Brom come in and we agree a fee that he can be forced to sign for them

Simply simply lovely

May 13, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
Reply #73

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I can only assume that koem an knows there is interest in Barkley, the type of interest that could turn his head when he says it's sign or be sold. It's not as if say West Brom come in and we agree a fee that he can be forced to sign for them

Or West Ham.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

May 13, 2017, 06:59:56 PM
Reply #74

GrantyBoy78

Haven't blamed players for wanting to leave in previous seasons, especially if they're from abroad with no real association with the club. But if Ross, an Evertonian, wants to leave regardless of the buy-out and recent optimism around the club, then he can fuck off and go in the cunt bin.