October 23, 2017, 04:12:01 AM

Author Topic: Summer Spending  (Read 103723 times)

May 19, 2017, 11:28:02 PM
Reply #180

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The issue I can foresee if we could maybe sign Sandro, Klassen and Sigurdsson for cú50m and recoup maybe that in selling Barkley and Del. Thereby gaining three players who are all capable of contributing double figures in exchange for two who hardly trouble the scorers at all.

However there would be uproar from certain sections of our fans calling Moshiri a fraud for doing what would appear to be good business in strengthening the squad without spending much and keeping funds aside for a decent keeper and centre half, as well as others.

This summer will bring out the best and worst in our fanbase.

Every summer does mate

deCoubertin

May 19, 2017, 11:50:44 PM
Reply #181

Macca77

Im starting to prefer the days when we were skint, at least then we all knew were we stood, quite a few blues have gone fucking stupid since Moshiri bought us, just wait til the window closes in September, there will be fans going ape shit if we haven't spent 200+ million

May 20, 2017, 12:58:57 AM
Reply #182

D_murph0278

Anyone else heard that is was Matteo Mustacchio from Villareal, meeting with Koeman at the Hilton earlier in the week?
Certainly looks more like him than cauliflower eared Willian Jose! Although, he looks a good player too tbh.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

May 20, 2017, 01:01:57 AM
Reply #183

Cozzie

Think with the recent pics of Koeman at Malaga to see Sandro and the recent one it seems we are atleast TRYING to do business early.

May 20, 2017, 02:08:15 AM
Reply #184

Lxxx

Think with the recent pics of Koeman at Malaga to see Sandro and the recent one it seems we are atleast TRYING to do business early.

Koeman has a lot of golf booked in over the summer months. He doesn't want work interfering with his holiday schedule.

May 20, 2017, 02:15:12 PM
Reply #185

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Already seen the first 'this window is so underwhelming shout' on social media. That would be the window that's not even open yet. We do have some over dramatic fans.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 20, 2017, 02:26:40 PM
Reply #186

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Already seen the first 'this window is so underwhelming shout' on social media. That would be the window that's not even open yet. We do have some over dramatic fans.

Its going to be great.  We're going to be linked with everyone so i'll not get any work done for months.  Itll be shit when we're linked with good players and they sign contracts or go elsewhere, but it beats being linked with the likes of Paul Dickov and Robbie Savage.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

May 20, 2017, 02:31:15 PM
Reply #187

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Its going to be great.  We're going to be linked with everyone so i'll not get any work done for months.  Itll be shit when we're linked with good players and they sign contracts or go elsewhere, but it beats being linked with the likes of Paul Dickov and Robbie Savage.

I love the links. I know most of them will be bollocks so won't fume when they go elsewhere. Now just off to order my new home shirt with Messi on the back
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 20, 2017, 02:33:51 PM
Reply #188

Bob Sacamano

What the fuck is the hold up?!?! Ffs.

May 20, 2017, 02:34:15 PM
Reply #189

Zoolander

This summer will bring out the best and worst in our fanbase.
Ah well. We're rich now so can just buy new fans ;)

I'm committed to being an Everton fan, but I'm not under contract and if Spurs want me I'm available for a few million like

May 22, 2017, 04:23:43 PM
Reply #190

Macca77

The hard work starts today, was chatting to a mate yesterday about what we need etc.. we both agreed its gonna be a frustrating time but players will come, Koeman is a massive name in world football, quite a few players would bend over backwards to play for him and join "his project"

May 22, 2017, 05:45:47 PM
Reply #191

dangermouse

This topic needs a poll or dare I say a sweepstake..
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

May 22, 2017, 06:16:15 PM
Reply #192

Lxxx

The hard work starts today, was chatting to a mate yesterday about what we need etc.. we both agreed its gonna be a frustrating time but players will come, Koeman is a massive name in world football, quite a few players would bend over backwards to play for him and join "his project"

Depends if there is a better project on offer elsewhere. Koeman may well be a big name but he's still the manager of the 7th best team in the division who are hardly known outside of this country and who haven't won a trophy in most players lifetimes.

May 22, 2017, 07:20:19 PM
Reply #193

Cereal Killer

be full on melt down by the end of June and we haven't signed anyone still.....  :hmph:

May 22, 2017, 07:37:28 PM
Reply #194

sam of the south

It's a bit of an arse that the four other major European transfer windows open a week before ours.

It might sound crazy, but it ain't no lie.

I wonder why we aren't N Sync with them? 🤔

With a week to do their business before us, we can probably say bye, bye, bye to some of our targets.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:38:55 PM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them