May 24, 2017, 01:55:10 AM

Author Topic: End of season ratings  (Read 1420 times)

May 13, 2017, 05:59:21 PM
Read 1420 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
So, the season is good as over so thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to look at how our main group of players have on average performed. I am not digging through ratings threads or opta stats just going on what I generally have observed.

Robles 7 - it's easy to forget that Robles has actually had a good season. A lot of clean sheets and some decent saves did lead some of us to believe he could be our potential number 1. He looked commanding and we had lacked that. However, his performances fell off a cliff somewhat and despite him not being a terrible goalkeeper by any stretch, he's shown his weaknesses mean he will almost certainly never be our long term choice.

Stekelenberg 5 - he's been quite the disappointment for me. Started with promise and showed himself to be a decent shot stopper but has steadily shown he is little more than that.

Baines 6 - he's had a consistent season but it's largely been one not full of highlights. Defensively solid with flashes of attacking genius that haven't been consistent enough.

Mori 4 - a big disappointment as I thought this could be his season. He's got the attributes to be a decent defender but he's failed to take his chance and I am not sure were that leaves his future. His decision making is a big flaw

Williams 4 - probably the most disappointing Koeman signing. I really thought he was going to be great and he has put in some good performances here and there but he's not as strong in the air as I thought and he's been a real weak point at times.

Jags 6 - a weird season for Jags. All bit written off as done by most, he made his way back into the side and has ended up arguably our best centre back again.

Coleman 7 - God how we miss him. You forget how much of a threat he consistently is on the pitch. Coupled with his aggression and leadership skills he's part of the reason our play looks so lifeless towards the season end.

Holgate 5 - has struggled at times at right back and clearly shouldn't be playing there. However, he's shown some excellent qualities at times including comfort on the ball. He's going to be a very good centre back but he probably wouldn't have featured as much if it wasn't for injury.

Lookman 6 - difficult to make a judgement on just a few performances. A promising start but with a degree of recklessness that will be ironed out with a run of games.

Mirallas 6 - a decent season for Mirallas without him ever really hitting a run of form. He is more selfless nowadays but that almost takes away from his game at times.

Gueye 9 - he had a period of relatively poor form post AFCON but prior to that and of late he's been simply outstanding. What he does is so basic yet it's incredibly important to us. A new lease of life with Schneiderlin playing as well.

Barry 6 - he's slowly being phased out of the team as a starter but he's still played to a good level and has been one of few who knows how to play a forward ball.

Schneiderlin 7 - he's going to be amazing for us. Instantly makes us look better when he plays and brings out the best in the rest of the team. His use of the ball is excellent.

Davies 8 - what an impact the lad has had. He's nowhere near perfect yet either. Exciting and passionate with bags of ability and a lack of fear he's going to be special.

Barkley 8 - he's had a great season for me and has changed his game. Defensively he's much better and he's better with the ball and much calmer. Decision making continues to be an issue but it has definitely improved. His future is uncertain but he's been one of the standout performers this season.

Bolasie 7 - a bright start and our only real threat during a difficult league spell showed a lot of promise. Seemed to be building a good relationship with Lukaku before his horrific injury and can only hope he comes back.

Valencia 7 - a pleasant surprise as I truly thought he would be terrible. He's added an unpredictability, pace and willingness that has proved a big plus when we have struggled to break teams down.

Lukaku 8 - despite dropping off towards the last few games there's no doubt in my mind that we are in Europe because Lukaku has fired us into it. At his worst he's still frustrating to watch but he's almost undroppable because he is always capable of a goal if given the chance.

Calvert Lewin 5 - a difficult first season. He looks out of place on the wing. Disciplined but uninspiring. There are signs of a striker in their when he gets a chance in and around the area though.

May 13, 2017, 06:24:44 PM
Reply #1

ajax_andy

Ratings seem fair but despite his flaws Lukaku will win the golden boot so for me he's got to be a 9

May 13, 2017, 06:30:46 PM
Reply #2

MartinezsLeftTeste

Mori and Williams 4, holgate 5 jagielka and Baines 6?? We must have had a terrible defensive record or gueye is due about a 15 (out of 5)

May 13, 2017, 06:41:52 PM
Reply #3

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
A 4 for Mori and Williams? A 5 for Holgate? Really?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 13, 2017, 06:49:13 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A 4 for Mori and Williams? A 5 for Holgate? Really?

I think Holgate is going to be great but he shouldn't have been playing so much he's not ready. I was really disappointed by the performances of both Mori and Williams through the season, I expected more.

May 13, 2017, 07:00:10 PM
Reply #5

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I think Holgate is going to be great but he shouldn't have been playing so much he's not ready. I was really disappointed by the performances of both Mori and Williams through the season, I expected more.

But a 4 is not a disappointing score - that's a shambolic score - and neither have been that bad

May 13, 2017, 07:14:08 PM
Reply #6

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
But a 4 is not a disappointing score - that's a shambolic score - and neither have been that bad

Williams has been pretty bad
I have to return some videotapes.

May 13, 2017, 07:18:47 PM
Reply #7

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Has he been a 4? Not a fucking chance. 6 I would have agreed with

May 13, 2017, 07:26:09 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't give Barkley an 8 either. A 7 is fair as he was pretty bad before Christmas.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

May 13, 2017, 07:38:39 PM
Reply #9

Bluebridge

I'd knock Holgate up to a 7 easily, bearing in mind his age and experience, maybe even an 8, Lukaku a 9, at the end of the day he's a goalscorer and he's done exactley that. Barkley down to a 7, first half of season he was a 4.
 And Mori a 5, based on the fact that he has good hair !!!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 07:40:03 PM by Bluebridge »

May 13, 2017, 07:44:36 PM
Reply #10

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Robles 7
Steklenberg 6
Coleman 7
Holgate 7
Jagielka 6
Williams 6
Funes Mori 6
Baines 6
Schneiderlin 7*
Gueye 8
Barry 6
McCarthy 4
Davies 8
Barkley 7
Mirallas 6
Valencia 6
Bolasie 7**
Lennon 5
Kone 3
Lukaku 8
Calvert-Lewin 6

*Solely because he only joined January, and has missed important games since.  His actual performances would by an easy 8.
**Based on how he played pre-injury.
I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

May 13, 2017, 08:16:15 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Robles 7
Steklenberg 6
Coleman 7
Holgate 7
Jagielka 6
Williams 6
Funes Mori 6
Baines 6
Schneiderlin 7*
Gueye 8
Barry 6
McCarthy 4
Davies 8
Barkley 7
Mirallas 6
Valencia 6
Bolasie 7**
Lennon 5
Kone 3
Lukaku 8
Calvert-Lewin 6

*Solely because he only joined January, and has missed important games since.  His actual performances would by an easy 8.
**Based on how he played pre-injury.

So what would you give Bolasie after his injury? ;)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

May 13, 2017, 08:16:35 PM
Reply #12

MartinezsLeftTeste

Has he? He's played regularly in 1 of the better defences. He's actually been good. They've (the defenders) all been good. Just none of them have been overly special.

May 13, 2017, 08:19:55 PM
Reply #13

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Has he? He's played regularly in 1 of the better defences. He's actually been good. They've (the defenders) all been good. Just none of them have been overly special.

yeah you keep going on and on about the defence record. Still, yes he has been poor. Constantly passing back, always all over the opposition and gives away fouls. I duno, just cant warm to him.
I have to return some videotapes.

May 13, 2017, 08:21:55 PM
Reply #14

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
So what would you give Bolasie after his injury? ;)

His social media presence would only warrant a 5 or so.  Nothing original or insightful.  ;)
I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!