December 13, 2017, 09:06:56 PM

Author Topic: End of season ratings  (Read 3169 times)

May 14, 2017, 02:44:58 PM
Reply #30

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's not been as good as he could be. But out of all of the CBs he is the one who RK has trusted to be the more or less ever present. He's not a Stones, he's no nonsense and has helped us import everything at the back. If you look at his average match ratings from an official site he'll probably average between a 6 and a 7. A 4 is two below average - Niasse territory that

Hull fans would give Niasse a 7 I reckon!

deCoubertin

May 14, 2017, 02:47:35 PM
Reply #31

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Hull fans would give Niasse a 7 I reckon!

Yeah but for us....

Actually I'd give him an 8 for being the only Everton player to score against and beat Liverpool this season
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 14, 2017, 03:28:17 PM
Reply #32

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Robles 6 - sadly some shambolic performance.

Steklenberg 6 - didn't have too many stinkers, but just not very good overall.

Coleman 7 - seemed to getting back to himself before his injury, big improvement on the last year.

Holgate 6 - did ok in the first few games, played out of position and not really his fault after that.

Jagielka 7 - probably a bit OTT, but I think he's been great this year.

Williams 7 - struggled with this as he could have been a 6, but justifies a 7.

Funes Mori 6 - meh

Baines 6 - been better in the last few games but quite unimpressive before that.

Schneiderlin 8 - he's boss, he's a Rolls Royce of a player.

Gueye 8 - probably a 10 before he went away for AFCON, not as good after that, still good though.

Barry 6 - I'm sure he had a MOTM performance this season, but just hasn't played enough.

McCarthy 4 - won't see him in a blue shirt again.

Davies 8 - passion, drive, and excellent work rate. Can't wait to see him improve.

Barkley 5 - not improved, actually went backwards, lost his England place, even lost his everton place for a long time, be happy to sell him and replace him.

Mirallas 6 - went missing in a lot of games early on but got his mojo back in recent months.

Valencia 6 - quite surprised actually, he done ok, he just didn't get enough minutes.

Bolasie 6 - he was exciting to watch but sometimes his final ball lets him down.

Lennon 5 - not played enough, understandably.

Kone 3

Lukaku 8 - would give him a 9 if he worked harder, doesn't press enough, but a phenomenal season from the fella, been a pleasure to watch him.

Calvert-Lewin 6 - first game of the season fucked it up for him really, his birds fit though, so he'll be sound.

Lookman 6 - not played enough but a really exciting player, can't wait to see him improve next season.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

May 14, 2017, 03:42:08 PM
Reply #33

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Having the 5th best defensive record in the league would suggest that our defenders are not that bad.

May 14, 2017, 03:42:19 PM
Reply #34

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's not been as good as he could be. But out of all of the CBs he is the one who RK has trusted to be the more or less ever present. He's not a Stones, he's no nonsense and has helped us import everything at the back. If you look at his average match ratings from an official site he'll probably average between a 6 and a 7. A 4 is two below average - Niasse territory that

Think people assumed that because Swansea were a possession team that he must have been really good in possession. Whereas in reality he'd only really have had to make short passes in their system.

Similarly for Wales he looks very solid but that's because they're a solid first and foremost team, he plays in the middle of a 3 and they allow a lot of situations where his strengths shine through.

When we've been under the cosh like that (City away, Utd away) he's been very good.

No problem with him or Jags playing next to a top level CB next season.

May 14, 2017, 03:44:09 PM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Coleman 7 - seemed to getting back to himself before his injury, big improvement on the last year.

Holgate 6 - did ok in the first few games, played out of position and not really his fault after that.

Funes Mori 6 - meh

Baines 6 - been better in the last few games but quite unimpressive before that.

Gueye 8 - probably a 10 before he went away for AFCON, not as good after that, still good though.

Barry 6 - I'm sure he had a MOTM performance this season, but just hasn't played enough.

Davies 8 - passion, drive, and excellent work rate. Can't wait to see him improve.

Barkley 5 - not improved, actually went backwards, lost his England place, even lost his everton place for a long time, be happy to sell him and replace him.

Mirallas 6 - went missing in a lot of games early on but got his mojo back in recent months.

Valencia 6 - quite surprised actually, he done ok, he just didn't get enough minutes.

Bolasie 6 - he was exciting to watch but sometimes his final ball lets him down.

Kone 3

Lukaku 8 - would give him a 9 if he worked harder, doesn't press enough, but a phenomenal season from the fella, been a pleasure to watch him.

Calvert-Lewin 6 - first game of the season fucked it up for him really, his birds fit though, so he'll be sound.

Lookman 6 - not played enough but a really exciting player, can't wait to see him improve next season.

Come on mate. A 5 for Barkley?

Are you looking for some kind of reaction with that?

May 14, 2017, 03:44:39 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Having the 5th best defensive record in the league would suggest that our defenders are not that bad.

We have a good system with a good midfield though which helps.

Look at Chelsea's back 5 and none scream top class at you but overall they've been brilliant.

Similarly Utd's defensive record is much better than most of their defenders individually.

But yes, the defenders haven't had terrible seasons overall by any stretch.

May 14, 2017, 03:44:43 PM
Reply #37

Fynci

Robles 7
Steklenberg 6
Coleman 7
Holgate 7
Jagielka 6
Williams 6
Funes Mori 6
Baines 6
Schneiderlin 7*
Gueye 8
Barry 6
McCarthy 4
Davies 8
Barkley 7
Mirallas 6
Valencia 6
Bolasie 7**
Lennon 5
Kone 3
Lukaku 8
Calvert-Lewin 6

*Solely because he only joined January, and has missed important games since.  His actual performances would by an easy 8.
**Based on how he played pre-injury.

This except I would change...

Robles 6
Steklenberg 5
Holgate 6
McCarthy 5
Calvert-Lewin 5
Lookman is missing and I find him hard to score, probably a 5-6
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

May 14, 2017, 03:47:27 PM
Reply #38

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Come on mate. A 5 for Barkley?

Are you looking for some kind of reaction with that?

No, genuinely think he's been poor, not as poor as McCarthy but probably worse overall than Barry. maybe I could have put him as a 6. But I'll stick with 5

May 14, 2017, 03:51:25 PM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No, genuinely think he's been poor, not as poor as McCarthy but probably worse overall than Barry. maybe I could have put him as a 6. But I'll stick with 5

Look at the players you've marked above him.

Stek ffs
Mirallas
DCL
Holgate
Lookman
Mori
Valencia
Bolasie

How do you justify rating those above Barkley?

May 14, 2017, 03:53:59 PM
Reply #40

KoemansNumberTens

Stek ffs
Mirallas
DCL
Holgate
Lookman
Mori
Valencia
Bolasie

I think bolasie might have been better though obviously he's missed more than he played

May 14, 2017, 04:02:26 PM
Reply #41

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Stek ffs
Mirallas
DCL
Holgate
Lookman
Mori
Valencia
Bolasie

They haven't had as many poor performances or just haven't played enough minutes to justify marking them low.

If a sub comes on late on and doesn't have much to do then you wouldn't mark him lower than someone who has had a nightmare of a game for 90 minutes. That would account for most of that list.

Bolasie and Mirallas have been better than Ross this year, in my opinion. Not by much, which is why it's only 1 point.
Holgate was played out of position for most of the season and coped well.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:05:01 PM by Duncs_a_legend »

May 14, 2017, 05:05:00 PM
Reply #42

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
They haven't had as many poor performances or just haven't played enough minutes to justify marking them low.

If a sub comes on late on and doesn't have much to do then you wouldn't mark him lower than someone who has had a nightmare of a game for 90 minutes. That would account for most of that list.

Bolasie and Mirallas have been better than Ross this year, in my opinion. Not by much, which is why it's only 1 point.
Holgate was played out of position for most of the season and coped well.

bloody hell you think Mirallas has been better than Ross? no hope.
I have to return some videotapes.

May 14, 2017, 05:06:14 PM
Reply #43

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Cheers Dunc for making my judgment look positively excellent ;)

May 14, 2017, 05:19:56 PM
Reply #44

dazfrancis

Funes Mori 6 - meh

Kone 3

Has Barkley banged your missus?

This reminds me of the poster who used to always, ALWAYS give Osman a 5 regardless of how well he played. As in, he would score and get an assist and still be given a 5.