May 24, 2017, 01:55:05 AM

Author Topic: End of season ratings  (Read 1419 times)

May 14, 2017, 05:58:53 PM
Reply #45

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Has Barkley banged your missus?

This reminds me of the poster who used to always, ALWAYS give Osman a 5 regardless of how well he played. As in, he would score and get an assist and still be given a 5.

Nope

Check the match day threads, when he's played well I've said so, I've even given him an 8 once and a MOTM ;)

But overall he's been poor.

But I've given him 1 less point that most people have given Baines or Williams or Mirallas, just 1 less point, I even conceded that I could have given him a 6 at a push.
And equal to what a few have put Holgate, who I think actually had an ok season.
It's not like I've given him a 2 or 3, I didn't even say he was our worst player.

Ross has had a poor season, not an ok season or a good season.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

May 14, 2017, 06:08:45 PM
Reply #46

dazfrancis

Fair enough you have given him praise and MOM in some matches but to say he has been worse than Holgate over the course of the season, or he has contributed less than Barry is wrong.

To say that our most creative player with 8 assists and 5 goals has been worse than Funes Mori or Steklenburg is quite frankly bizarre.

May 14, 2017, 06:16:28 PM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

Not starting a new thread for it, but Ossie and Bolasie are on MOTD2 at the moment.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

May 14, 2017, 06:19:54 PM
Reply #48

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

you are wrong to be honest...
I have to return some videotapes.

May 14, 2017, 06:29:31 PM
Reply #49

Bluedylan

Nope

Check the match day threads, when he's played well I've said so, I've even given him an 8 once and a MOTM ;)

But I've given him 1 less point that most people have given Baines or Williams or Mirallas, just 1 less point, I even conceded that I could have given him a 6 at a push.
And equal to what a few have put Holgate, who I think actually had an ok season.
It's not like I've given him a 2 or 3, I didn't even say he was our worst player.

My memory could be playing tricks with me, but I'm sure about a month or so ago I gave you a like for saying that he'd had a much better season and that you'd written him off too easily previously.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

May 14, 2017, 06:32:28 PM
Reply #50

Gash

Global Moderator

I've been one of his harshest critics but this is just bollocks.

May 14, 2017, 06:34:43 PM
Reply #51

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough you have given him praise and MOM in some matches but to say he has been worse than Holgate over the course of the season, or he has contributed less than Barry is wrong.

To say that our most creative player with 8 assists and 5 goals has been worse than Funes Mori or Steklenburg is quite frankly bizarre.

Hard to compare against different positions.

Unfair as it is, Barkley has had more chances to show his poor form, so it's hard to mark players down who haven't played much, unless they were awful in the few appearances the made.

Mirallas I think has been ok, not great and not shite.

My opinion is just that out of 10 I would mark Ross a 5 for his contribution to the role he was expected to play. Not a 1 (completely useless) and not 10 (absolute world beater).

May 14, 2017, 06:35:49 PM
Reply #52

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
you are wrong to be honest...

Nope.

Just an opinion.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 06:40:29 PM by Duncs_a_legend »

May 14, 2017, 06:36:09 PM
Reply #53

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ross has had an ok season.

Let's leave it at that, and move on to better as he leaves us.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

May 14, 2017, 06:38:39 PM
Reply #54

MartinezsLeftTeste

There's no barkleys been poor. There's not quite enough special moments and there's still too many utterly careless 1s but he's contributed quite a lot to our good season.
The truth is we've had an awful lot of 7s this season. No one has been dreadful and only a couple have been great

May 14, 2017, 06:41:49 PM
Reply #55

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nope

You're never going to like him are you?

I think you know yourself you're chatting complete shite but your dislike of Barkley clouds that judgement.

May 14, 2017, 06:43:17 PM
Reply #56

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hard to compare against different positions.

Unfair as it is, Barkley has had more chances to show his poor form, so it's hard to mark players down who haven't played much, unless they were awful in the few appearances the made.

Mirallas I think has been ok, not great and not shite.

My opinion is just that out of 10 I would mark Ross a 5 for his contribution to the role he was expected to play. Not a 1 (completely useless) and not 10 (absolute world beater).

And yet you've given Mirallas a 6 who plays a more advunaced role and contributed a lot less.

And given Stek the same rating as Barkley who constantly made mistakes and cost us goals.

May 14, 2017, 06:43:53 PM
Reply #57

BlueBeagle

Barkley - 6.5

5 goals isn't a good return for a player in his position. Especially when you factor in the regular mistakes.

May 14, 2017, 06:44:35 PM
Reply #58

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
You're never going to like him are you?

I think you know yourself you're chatting complete shite but your dislike of Barkley clouds that judgement.

Why would I dislike him?

Because I don't think he's good?

May 15, 2017, 07:15:07 PM
Reply #59

Bluenose 91

Still think the maddest shout in here was Funes Mori being our most consistent defender.

Consistently fucking crap maybe.
A crack on the head is what you get for asking.