January 20, 2019, 03:25:48 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Southampton v Everton
« Last post by BlueNoseMike on 4 minutes ago »
I think looking back it will be seen that Walsh and Koeman were bad for each other rather than being completely useless individually; although I do think Walsh lacks the authority to be a DoF.

Monchi wouldnít have allowed some of Koemanís choices.

Completely agree, Walsh has an eye for talent but just did not do what a DoF should.

One plus we can all agree on at the moment is Brands. Potentially our best recruitment of the last few years
« Last post by Mayor Farnum on 12 minutes ago »
The improvement against the top six argument gets a little stretched when you consider three of them have been having transitional seasons themselves. Also lesser clubs than ourselves have managed decent results against them.
The Everton Forum / Re: [News]Silva: We have to fight
« Last post by sam of the south on 21 minutes ago »
But I do think that someone who is reliable with hold up play would make a big impact in the short term.

Weíve got forward players who would score if provided with chances, itís not like some times when Lukaku was the only likely scorer in the team.

We donít have a reliable way of easing the pressure defensively.

Yeah, nothing sticks up top, and a lot seems to come right back at us as well, especially through the centre
« Last post by GLewis on 22 minutes ago »
Jesus ok, imagine just missing out on monchi and getting walsh?

It's like getting the number of a 9 out of 10 on a night out, but then seeing a whopper in the corner at 4am, deleting the number and asking the whopper if they want to share a kebab back at yours

I think looking back it will be seen that Walsh and Koeman were bad for each other rather than being completely useless individually; although I do think Walsh lacks the authority to be a DoF.

Monchi wouldnít have allowed some of Koemanís choices.
« Last post by GLewis on 25 minutes ago »
Ay, thereís the rub

But I do think that someone who is reliable with hold up play would make a big impact in the short term.

Weíve got forward players who would score if provided with chances, itís not like some times when Lukaku was the only likely scorer in the team.

We donít have a reliable way of easing the pressure defensively.
« Last post by BlueNoseMike on 27 minutes ago »
We tried for Monchi.

I think he was coming but the Sevilla board begged him to stay as they didnít want to lose both Emery and him at the same time so he gave them one more year.

Jesus ok, imagine just missing out on monchi and getting walsh?

It's like getting the number of a 9 out of 10 on a night out, but then seeing a whopper in the corner at 4am, deleting the number and asking the whopper if they want to share a kebab back at yours
« Last post by GLewis on 29 minutes ago »
I'm not saying he shouldn't shoulder any of the blame, far from it. Of course he should. I just think his hands are tied by not having the type of players he prefers, particularly in midfield.

As much as I love gueye, his deficiencies with the ball are glaring. As much as I like siggy, he hinders the team. 

Hate to use them as an example of how to set up but Liverpool are prime modern day team. Can say the same for City and to an extent Spurs. You nee the midfield 3 to be extremely comfy on the ball, and gomes aside, we don't have anyone who is (sig just isn't involved enough).

I think Silva gets a pass to a certain extent because he hasn't got the tools to carry out his gameplan. Yeah sure, there's arguments he should adapt and change tactic to suit the team. But in my opinion if you go out for him and are backing him you've got to back him further. Pep at City is prime example, he never changed his tactic and was well off the pace with half a team that was unable to carry out his plan. Klopp the same for that matter.

Agree, he should not be above criticism but let's not get carried away. I have seen progress, particularly in the games against the big 6. The only thing that stops us getting more points in them games is daft mistakes or maybe a weak mentality that has been at the club far longer than Silva has.

I'll be honest, if I could go back to any appointment under moshiri and redo it, it would be koeman. The glaring obvious choice was bringing in monchi and aiming for emery, but that was a tad too far at that point.

Still have faith in Silva, and reckon he will get a tune out of our very promising youngsters

We tried for Monchi.

I think he was coming but the Sevilla board begged him to stay as they didnít want to lose both Emery and him at the same time so he gave them one more year.
« Last post by sam of the south on 31 minutes ago »
Ha yes.

Youíve got to be able to move generally too though ;)

Ay, thereís the rub
« Last post by BlueNoseMike on 31 minutes ago »
Totally get your point but surely we need to see some signs of progression which haven't been there for me.

Most managers don't need to change 11 players before being able to implement a half decent playing style and I think it's unreasonable to suggest people are losing their heads unneccessarily- we 've been shit for ages and it's getting worse.

Let's not forget that 5 of the starting 11 have been signed under him with his 2nd most expensive signing also being on the bench so we can't absolve him of any responsibility.

Truth is we do not look any better than last year despite the influx of what look like decent players.

I'm not saying he shouldn't shoulder any of the blame, far from it. Of course he should. I just think his hands are tied by not having the type of players he prefers, particularly in midfield.

As much as I love gueye, his deficiencies with the ball are glaring. As much as I like siggy, he hinders the team. 

Hate to use them as an example of how to set up but Liverpool are prime modern day team. Can say the same for City and to an extent Spurs. You nee the midfield 3 to be extremely comfy on the ball, and gomes aside, we don't have anyone who is (sig just isn't involved enough).

I think Silva gets a pass to a certain extent because he hasn't got the tools to carry out his gameplan. Yeah sure, there's arguments he should adapt and change tactic to suit the team. But in my opinion if you go out for him and are backing him you've got to back him further. Pep at City is prime example, he never changed his tactic and was well off the pace with half a team that was unable to carry out his plan. Klopp the same for that matter.

Agree, he should not be above criticism but let's not get carried away. I have seen progress, particularly in the games against the big 6. The only thing that stops us getting more points in them games is daft mistakes or maybe a weak mentality that has been at the club far longer than Silva has.

I'll be honest, if I could go back to any appointment under moshiri and redo it, it would be koeman. The glaring obvious choice was bringing in monchi and aiming for emery, but that was a tad too far at that point.

Still have faith in Silva, and reckon he will get a tune out of our very promising youngsters
you probably right but at the mo, especially after today (Southampton) I'd like to see if he can offer something before we ship out.
.............tell you what would happen ,he'd maybe play a decent game or two ,get injured again and we're stuck with him. Ship him out while he can still walk.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10