September 21, 2017, 06:38:07 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 108116 times)

June 17, 2017, 03:05:38 AM
Reply #30

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think there's a difference between wanting out and feeling wanted

deCoubertin

June 17, 2017, 03:08:39 AM
Reply #31

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I think there's a difference between wanting out and feeling wanted

Profound Jim
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 17, 2017, 03:10:23 AM
Reply #32

KoemansNumberTens

If he suddenly scored goals like Dixie, tackled like Reidy, ran like Bally, passed like Harvey and showboated like McKenzie, Barkley would still have some Everton fans on his back for not having hair like Arteta or reflexes like Southall.

Yet he does none of them things and he still has plenty up his arse.
Koeman knows. He's indifferent to him going because he puts in indifferent performances

June 17, 2017, 03:14:47 AM
Reply #33

ally2

If he suddenly scored goals like Dixie, tackled like Reidy, ran like Bally, passed like Harvey and showboated like McKenzie, Barkley would still have some Everton fans on his back for not having hair like Arteta or reflexes like Southall.

Why bother writing this bollocks?  Then 3 people 'like' it too for goodness sake

June 17, 2017, 03:50:09 AM
Reply #34

bigmanbob

He's learn't the hard way that Koeman is not Martinez and if he says you've got till the end of the season to sign and you don't then it's goodbye baby. Pretty stupid of him and his advisers to expect anything else really

June 17, 2017, 04:05:18 AM
Reply #35

MmmBlueRamirez

Ross' biggest problem is that he's a horse for no course so to speak.

Stuck in footballing purgatory.

He needs a free role ideally, a bit like Ronaldo, but he's not good enough for that. Yet......
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 17, 2017, 04:39:12 AM
Reply #36

Lxxx

Koeman just isn't that into him. Simple as that. He's the boss with a footballing pedigree that is second to none so we've got to take it that he knows what he's doing.

Local lad or not he just doesn't deliver enough and there are better players out there. Big call but ultimately it's probably the right one.

June 17, 2017, 04:52:37 AM
Reply #37

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I really want him to stay, he's a great player and I really don't see Klassen or Sigurdsson replacing what he is capable of either. Those players give us different ways to break teams down which we were sorely missing last season but they're not like Barkley. If he goes, it'd be to the likes of Spurs and I don't want that.

June 17, 2017, 04:54:42 AM
Reply #38

Ross

Why bother writing this bollocks?  Then 3 people 'like' it too for goodness sake

As a resolute Barkley detractor Ally what is it you'd like to see him improve on?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 17, 2017, 05:01:44 AM
Reply #39

sam of the south

It's going to really hurt to see him score his first goal for someone else in the Premier League, and give his shy little smile, and be applauded by fans who aren't us 😔

I really love him.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 17, 2017, 05:04:50 AM
Reply #40

bigmanbob

As a resolute Barkley detractor Ally what is it you'd like to see him improve on?
Have you not watched him for the past year?

June 17, 2017, 05:06:39 AM
Reply #41

Ross

Have you not watched him for the past year?

No of course not Bob.

How do you think he could improve his game?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 17, 2017, 05:09:09 AM
Reply #42

BlueBeagle

If he wasn't from a few mile down the road then nobody would really give a fuck if we were moving him on.

June 17, 2017, 05:10:02 AM
Reply #43

bigmanbob

No of course not Bob.

How do you think he could improve his game?
By giving us and end result. By not running up blind alleys, buy not running at pace  then stopping and letting the entire defence get set, by not 95% of the time making the wrong decision. Do I need to go on, his whole game and his confidence has completely gone west
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:20:04 AM by bigmanbob »

June 17, 2017, 05:20:58 AM
Reply #44

Ross

By giving us and end result. By not running up blind alleys, buy not running at pace  then stopping and letting the entire defence get set, by not 95% of the time making the wrong decision. Do I need to go on, his whole game and his confidence has completely gone west

So he doesn't score or assists enough for you?

Because in 2015/16 his goals & assists were pretty high in comparison to his peers. Same as last season when there was only 8 other players who set up more goals than Barkley. Hardly sounds like the headless chicken you're making out to be.

Who's your benchmark you're comparing him against if you think we could get better?