November 21, 2017, 07:55:46 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 122188 times)

June 17, 2017, 05:27:16 AM
Reply #45

bigmanbob

So he doesn't score or assists enough for you?

Because in 2015/16 his goals & assists were pretty high in comparison to his peers. Same as last season when there was only 8 other players who set up more goals than Barkley. Hardly sounds like the headless chicken you're making out to be.

Who's your benchmark you're comparing him against if you think we could get better?

I may not have said so, but that's not my beef with him. He has all the talent in the world, I just don't think at the minute he's fulfilling that potential and arguably never will. I don't think it's up for debate that he doesn't score enough, he had the potential to be a world beater but I don't think he ever will be

deCoubertin

June 17, 2017, 05:28:36 AM
Reply #46

ally2

As a resolute Barkley detractor Ally what is it you'd like to see him improve on?
No I'm not getting into all that again. It's all been said before.   But to say that detractors would still complain if he was brilliant is just silly 

June 17, 2017, 05:32:25 AM
Reply #47

Ross

I may not have said so, but that's not my beef with him. He has all the talent in the world, I just don't think at the minute he's fulfilling that potential and arguably never will. I don't think it's up for debate that he doesn't score enough, he had the potential to be a world beater but I don't think he ever will be

So what's your acceptable figures then?

You're saying he's talented and by saying he's got potential I assume you think he's got time on his side, why give up on him?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 17, 2017, 05:33:50 AM
Reply #48

Ross

No I'm not getting into all that again. It's all been said before.   But to say that detractors would still complain if he was brilliant is just silly 

Ally I'm sure you probably moaned about him last season when he scored 12 goals and got 12 assists, so what more do you want from him?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:39:13 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 17, 2017, 05:37:27 AM
Reply #49

bigmanbob

So what's your acceptable figures then?

You're saying he's talented and by saying he's got potential I assume you think he's got time on his side, why give up on him?
I'm a fan, I'm not in a position to set acceptable figures. Only a fool would say he's not say he's not talented, sadly I think under Koeman his time has ran out and neither of our opinions will change this. He has no time left IMHO by not not meeting Koemans deadline
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:44:14 AM by bigmanbob »

June 17, 2017, 05:49:36 AM
Reply #50

Ross

I'm a fan, I'm not in a position to set acceptable figures. Only a fool would say he's not say he's no talented, sadly I think under Koeman his time has ran out and neither of our opinions will change this. He has no time left IMHO by not not meeting Koemans deadlline

Yeah we're all "only fans" but you've said he doesn't give us an "end result" and in the past he's matched many others in his position for "end results" hasn't he. That's the point, no matter how many goals he gets, assists he makes or whatever some people just won't take to him.

Can't understand it myself. Nothing personal here, you're not the only poster to share these opions and it's just something I can't understand. Even if Barkley has plateaued he's still one of the best midfielders in the league, and he's only 23. Pleanty of time left to fulfil that talent you or worse just carry on being one of the best in the league.

June 17, 2017, 07:20:37 AM
Reply #51

AllyBlue14

I'm a fan, I'm not in a position to set acceptable figures. Only a fool would say he's not say he's not talented, sadly I think under Koeman his time has ran out and neither of our opinions will change this. He has no time left IMHO by not not meeting Koemans deadline

You went all Fred Elliott in the middle there, mate!

June 17, 2017, 08:42:32 AM
Reply #52

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Really hope he gets sold soon so we can put this to bed finally and buy somebody better and who actually wants to play for us.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

June 17, 2017, 10:34:46 AM
Reply #53

blue1948

Really hope he gets sold soon so we can put this to bed finally and buy somebody better and who actually wants to play for us.

Yes it has all been said before but he hasn't signed and seems to have no intention of doing so .From that I can only conclude one of two options ,that he has not been offered enough -despite the club saying it was a good deal or that he wants to wind down his contract and get a big signing-on bonus from his next club
Either way let him go if his heart isn't in it .

June 17, 2017, 01:33:03 PM
Reply #54

Buck76

With Chelsea now sniffing around Barkley too maybe a double deal either way would be a win win situation. Anythings got to be better than Spurs winding us up...

I'd take 70m plus Ake & Batshuayi

June 17, 2017, 01:37:55 PM
Reply #55

Gash

Global Moderator
With Chelsea now sniffing around Barkley too maybe a double deal either way would be a win win situation. Anythings got to be better than Spurs winding us up...

I'd take 70m plus Ake & Batshuayi

I reckon there's only one person been doing the sniffing. ;)

June 17, 2017, 01:39:30 PM
Reply #56

Lxxx

Whatever the final outcome it needs resolving ASAP in order for us to build for next season. The fact it is still rumbling on works for no-one.

June 17, 2017, 02:51:32 PM
Reply #57

Danny

I don't really care that much now if he leaves  but ideally he'd stay and improve as the quality around him does.

Some of the link up play between himself and Davies at times was unreal in the last few weeks and you've got to think it'd be the same if we got new attackers in.

That and imagine the buzz of announcing he'd signed a new 5 year deal, I think all the messing around would be forgotten immediately.

June 17, 2017, 02:58:58 PM
Reply #58

Juanito

Alli benefits from the creativity, experience and nous of Eriksen. I think Barkley would benefit from Klaassen, as he is a clever, quick thinking player.

We saw improvements in Barkley's game when Davies came in, just hope he sticks around to develop further.

The decision making and deciding when to release the ball, should improve when you are surrounded by quick thinking, technical players who demand the ball in tight areas.

June 17, 2017, 03:51:06 PM
Reply #59

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Think we bought his replacement already.