November 23, 2017, 11:01:42 PM

Author Topic: Is Koeman the right man for the job?  (Read 10626 times)

August 06, 2017, 11:03:14 PM
Reply #45

Lxxx

Thanks for just posting your opinion instead of adopting pack mentality - (a telltale sign of below average IQ)
I'm just not liking what he's doing, surely he should've had Lukakus replacement lined up, now we're 3 weeks away and still need signings to bed in

You are aware that Koeman doesn't pick the team, identify the players, negotiate the deals and drive the team bus don't you? He's the manager not the board. Feel free to judge him on what happens on the pitch but direct the appropriate criticism to the ones off it too.

deCoubertin

August 06, 2017, 11:04:05 PM
Reply #46

Realist

What reaction did you think you'd get with that type of question seeing as we've spend more than in our history and improved the squad. Koeman is a good manager. The best? No of course not but he's only had a season and has spent his time clearing up from Martinez, now he was shit. Just get behind the team or don't bother at all.

I don't think he's improved the squad, I think it's deteriorated, get behind the team, I've said numerous times I do, it doesn't mean I can't question the management surely

August 06, 2017, 11:04:20 PM
Reply #47

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yes I think he is, he did fine last season and his transfer record so far more hit than miss. A lot riding on this season for me. Maintaining at least the position we finished last season and a good run in the cups is the minimum for this year, anything less and we should be asking questions

August 06, 2017, 11:20:45 PM
Reply #48

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Yes I think he is,  although it's not too much of an absurd question to ask, if you're genuinely looking for an answer.

This year will be the year that we find out whether Koeman is the man to take the club to the next step, we all saw what happened to Martinez after the first season (although we're a completely different squad to the squad we had in Martinez's second season, with significantly better financial backing).
Koeman has stabilised us back to roughly where we were at the end of the Moyes era, he has to improve this season.

After the first 5 games we should have an idea on how this season is going to go.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:27:28 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 06, 2017, 11:24:46 PM
Reply #49

KoemansNumberTens

Thanks for just posting your opinion instead of adopting pack mentality - (a telltale sign of below average IQ)
I'm just not liking what he's doing, surely he should've had Lukakus replacement lined up, now we're 3 weeks away and still need signings to bed in

Out of interest who do you like. You don't like koeman or sandro. Who are you a fan of? What are the positives? We finished 7th last season which realistically was the absolute best we could do. We've bought well this season. Now there's a couple of big holes in our recruitment but there's still time

Koeman has done a good job so far. He's absolutely the man to take us forwards. Though given the gap forwards might actually not lead to any gain in league positions
Who do you want as manager?

August 06, 2017, 11:37:59 PM
Reply #50

Mac934

So, Lukaku left what, 3 weeks ago? Now it was no shock when he did. So now with three weeks left of the window Koeman comes out with he needs two more strikers, really, surely this should have been a priority. Even if we get Siggurdson, he won't be match fit for how long.

August 06, 2017, 11:43:34 PM
Reply #51

KoemansNumberTens

So, Lukaku left what, 3 weeks ago? Now it was no shock when he did. So now with three weeks left of the window Koeman comes out with he needs two more strikers, really, surely this should have been a priority. Even if we get Siggurdson, he won't be match fit for how long.

He never said he's just realised he needs 2 strikers. Without knowing why we haven't signed them yet can we really hand out blame. We need the right players at the right prices

August 06, 2017, 11:44:19 PM
Reply #52

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
I said before Koeman was appointed, that the guy who replaced Martinez would take at least 3 transfer windows to sort it out , if not 4.

We've had 2.5 so far.

I reckon next Summer will show his real squad.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

August 06, 2017, 11:48:45 PM
Reply #53

Rodenplav64

This forum is quite weird, if you don't come on claiming everything is rosy & agree with everyone else people start having a go at you, isn't a forum a place where people express their opinions?

Not this one . Say anything negative and you get trolled to fuck by people whose only form of attack is to call you a troll . I think he is using us as a stepping stone but I don't have an issue with that as most Managers get fucked over anyway.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:50:15 PM by Rodenplav64 »

August 06, 2017, 11:50:01 PM
Reply #54

eyesalwaysblue

It's like krimbo mate we've just got to wait now, nowt wrong with the question just a bit early for some understandably....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 06, 2017, 11:52:39 PM
Reply #55

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Not this one . Say anything negative and you get trolled to fuck by people whose only form of attack is to call you a troll . I think he is using us as a stepping stone but I don't have an issue with that as most Managers get fucked over anyway.

What a load of rubbish.
If opinions are put succinctly and obviously not trying to inflame or troll, they are considered and then shot down...

:police: :police: :police:     :titanic:
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

August 06, 2017, 11:54:53 PM
Reply #56

Major Clanger

The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

August 06, 2017, 11:55:39 PM
Reply #57

Realist

Thanks for getting the thread on track guys with your opinions, it's all I was after.

August 06, 2017, 11:56:18 PM
Reply #58

Realist

You are aware that Koeman doesn't pick the team, identify the players, negotiate the deals and drive the team bus don't you? He's the manager not the board. Feel free to judge him on what happens on the pitch but direct the appropriate criticism to the ones off it too.

He doesn't pick the team? What are you on about?

August 06, 2017, 11:56:40 PM
Reply #59

Cereal Killer

I don't think he's improved the squad, I think it's deteriorated, get behind the team, I've said numerous times I do, it doesn't mean I can't question the management surely

Every thread..... just moan about squad getting worse, never once acknowledging the fact there's weeks of the transfer window left.....

Like a fucking spoilt kid who wants everything instantly and has no concept of patience, and if it's not instant than someone must be to blame