November 23, 2017, 11:02:31 PM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri: We will look to add more in January  (Read 7115 times)

September 01, 2017, 05:10:46 PM
Reply #60

Ross

Only if you under appreciate goalkeepers ;)

But when you still got the same goalkeeper that had the 5th best clean sheet record in the league on the books but no longer have the second top scorer available to you it's pretty obvious where the priorities lay.

Or at least it should be.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

deCoubertin

September 01, 2017, 05:23:56 PM
Reply #61

Lxxx

I find this difficult to answer as there are pros and cons. He has had an influence on the club but im yet to see anywhere were his contributions havent directly benefited him as much as the club. To summarise:

Hes cleared off our debt, but thats with a personal loan to himself, so he hasnt really cleared the debt
Hes secured a new ground, with no funding from himself, he just has the collateral and contacts to make this happen
He bought the Liverbird building, then filled it with the new sponsor that he got for the club

Dont get me wrong I think the above is great for the club and will help us in the long run immensely and without him we wouldnt be in such a good position, but I think we need to accept he isnt as rich as we hoped, he isnt going to plough millions of his own wealth into us, as indicated in the transfer market as our net spend (and yes I know that annoys people) isnt any bigger than under Kenwright, who by his own admission doesnt really have any money.

Moshiri is first and foremost a business man and we are very much being ran like a business which is great for stability, but I was hoping for a big fat oligarch to propel us to the next level and im unsure if we will get there with him as the majority shareholder?

There still time for the fat, fairy oligarchmother to come in and join the board. The guy who only happens to sponsor the training ground. It's not like they're not out there and already connected to the club.

September 01, 2017, 06:15:14 PM
Reply #62

SANA_DR0

It's all relative.

This window is bad because we failed in our main objective which was to replace Lukaku as best we can.

Yes we've signed some terrific players and that is a massive positive but overall we've failed.

This was the opportunity to close the gap on our rivals. That ain't gonna happen is it. We're back to treading water again which is where we were for the back end of Moyes tenure. The best of the rest.

this is the thing that had got to me, we did well at the start of the transfer window, but it feels like i/we've been here countless times before (during the Moyes era) only needed to get 1 or 2 players to make us challengers for something.

its like the board are scared or just dont want to achieve what the fans want. i dont know how many transfer windows ive seen pass us by thinking this was the chance of closing the gap on our rivals.

i hope we're not abysmal to watch.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:22:57 PM by SANA_DR0 »
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 01, 2017, 06:20:04 PM
Reply #63

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Got to admit here, im a little worried. Not just the lack of a striker, but the embarrassment of the sky sports interview. Why cant we stay quiet and just get our business done without it becoming some excuse ridden circus??

I dont like Moshiri giving interviews like Kenwright used to. Just fucking keep quiet. Let the club do our talking on the pitch.

Anyway, trying to tell myself, if we got all the players in yesterday, we would be over the moon. So perspective needed.
I have to return some videotapes.

September 01, 2017, 07:26:00 PM
Reply #64

Rodenplav64

A striker is an absolute must and a big money one at that ( Jan or June ) . Henry has failed to find the net in 4 attempts at Anderlecht and it is fair to assume he would be nowhere near ready for the Prem even next season . We don't really need anything more than a striker as we have enough to cope at the back but not up top .

September 01, 2017, 07:27:07 PM
Reply #65

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
But when you still got the same goalkeeper that had the 5th best clean sheet record in the league on the books but no longer have the second top scorer available to you it's pretty obvious where the priorities lay.

Or at least it should be.

I could see the argument for having a good defence despite having Robles in it.

But we needed a top keeper as well.

It shouldn't be a case of either or and given that Pickford was signed months ago, clearly it wasn't because we were looking at keepers all summer.

The issue was not having a back up plan to Giroud.

September 01, 2017, 07:34:07 PM
Reply #66

Marky Mark and the funky

A striker is an absolute must and a big money one at that ( Jan or June ) . Henry has failed to find the net in 4 attempts at Anderlecht and it is fair to assume he would be nowhere near ready for the Prem even next season . We don't really need anything more than a striker as we have enough to cope at the back but not up top .

Nice tracking of a loanee Rodenplav64 cheers, any more details on where he's been playing etc?

September 01, 2017, 07:48:02 PM
Reply #67

mikey_blue

Maybe by january Giroud will get fucked off playing 20 mins a game and have to put on his big boy pants, tell his missus that there's decent shops in L1 and that they're moving to Liverpool.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:49:03 PM by mikey_blue »

September 01, 2017, 07:49:48 PM
Reply #68

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

And hes another 6 months older. Surely between now and January we can find a decent target man, somewhere in the entire world. Maybe even fucking Super Walsh can manage that at least.

September 01, 2017, 07:54:44 PM
Reply #69

Macca77

Maybe by january Giroud will get fucked off playing 20 mins a game and have to put on his big boy pants, tell his missus that there's decent shops in L1 and that they're moving to Liverpool.

Take her to the Met Quarter, that will seal the deal

September 01, 2017, 07:58:12 PM
Reply #70

She will be happy with anywhere, as shes been regularly taken up the arsenal, for the past few years. ;)

September 01, 2017, 07:58:41 PM
Reply #71

MmmBlueRamirez

Take her to the Met Quarter, that will seal the deal

Thus far we've offered a hug from Bally and a bit of ram-style finger blasting.

Other NSNO welcome commitee suggestion are encouraged.

She's still undecided.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 01, 2017, 08:00:18 PM
Reply #72

Realist

Makes me laugh people saying well a few years ago we signed Pistone or Kroldrup
Guess what that was before the TV money exploded so it's a pointless statement
How much does a premier league club get now from the broadcasters?

I'm shocked that people are happy to accept the crap window we've just had

Lukaku was known to be leaving a long time ago, not getting a replacement is pathetic

That knob doing that interview hasn't helped & as for getting a striker in January! Guess what.... the season may already be dead by then

September 01, 2017, 08:12:35 PM
Reply #73

Mate, everyone here will understand your frustration. Most of us feel a level of it too. But in all honesty, yes, we should have replaced Lukaku, or rather added to the strikers we already have with a more number 9 type striker, but we have actually had a very good window. Imagine, if last night, at 10:30 Uncle Jim would have said, "and news just in from Merseyside... Everton have just signed Pickford, Keane, Klaassen, Sigurdsson and Rooney and Vlasic for 140 million odd to add to several excellent young players already added to the squad." But because nothing major happened late, it seems like a damp squib. But there is no denying, we have had an excellent window - shite last day, but an excellent window. We have four months now to get a target striker (assuming we dont do REALLY well with what we have in the next few months!), and if we dont, then I will be behind you moaning at Moshiri, but come on - be a bit more realistic and truthful with facts and less so fucking consistently depressing :)

September 01, 2017, 08:18:13 PM
Reply #74

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Makes me laugh people saying well a few years ago we signed Pistone or Kroldrup
Guess what that was before the TV money exploded so it's a pointless statement
How much does a premier league club get now from the broadcasters?

I'm shocked that people are happy to accept the crap window we've just had

Lukaku was known to be leaving a long time ago, not getting a replacement is pathetic

That knob doing that interview hasn't helped & as for getting a striker in January! Guess what.... the season may already be dead by then

Same ol,,,,same ol...