September 21, 2017, 05:00:01 AM

Author Topic: [News]Mirallas "really sad” not to leave Everton  (Read 2459 times)

September 04, 2017, 08:41:41 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

Much as I think he's a bit of a waste of space in latter years he must have been given positive noises when signing a new contract. The least he would have expected I suppose is a decent run of games to prove whether he still has it or not.

deCoubertin

September 04, 2017, 08:45:17 PM
Reply #31

hill135

More playing time would surely have been conditional on actually playing well once in a while. He didn't keep to his end of the bargain

September 04, 2017, 08:51:37 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He has been on the pitch a few times since he signed that contract.

Typically anonymous.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 04, 2017, 09:32:07 PM
Reply #33

Marky Mark and the funky

If there is one thing I will say in Mirallas' defence, he is superb at ghosting into the area unmarked, unfortunately he's so good at it apparently his team-mates never see him because I can recall loads of situations he was on for a free crack at goal and somebody shoots while under pressure instead.

September 04, 2017, 09:37:38 PM
Reply #34

Bluedylan

If there is one thing I will say in Mirallas' defence, he is superb at ghosting into the area unmarked, unfortunately he's so good at it apparently his team-mates never see him because I can recall loads of situations he was on for a free crack at goal and somebody shoots while under pressure instead.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 04, 2017, 10:07:32 PM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's indefensibly shit, can we please just get rid and upgrade asap
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 04, 2017, 10:57:51 PM
Reply #36

gizzblue

He's indefensibly shit, can we please just get rid and upgrade asap
Not till January at least ....oh fuck a shopping list already for Steve.....
Things to do before jan for the scouting team:-
Striker ....
Swap Mirra for adecent winger.. 

Don't fuck up and go on holiday early .

September 04, 2017, 11:27:01 PM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe he only signed under the understanding that we'd sell him this summer and get some cash for him?

I'd love Barkley to do that in Jan just as Spurs are about to launch their 2 million bid for him, and then we end up selling him to them for 50 million.

I know, would never happen.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 05, 2017, 12:27:47 AM
Reply #38

Hesmenos

Greek sports sites have reported that Olympiakos offered 5 million (including covering his wages) to loan him for 1 season with a guaranteed 5 million to buy him next season based on appearances. We turned them down as we wanted 13 million.

They also say we had offers from Swansea and Fenerbahce but Mirallas rejected them. We had also offered him to Benfica as part of a deal to buy Mitroglou. There was also an agreement in principle with Leicester for 18million if Mahrez was sold.

The general conclusion is that we want to get rid of him but thought that we could get more money for him.

September 05, 2017, 12:32:25 AM
Reply #39

SANA_DR0

Greek sports sites have reported that Olympiakos offered 5 million (including covering his wages) to loan him for 1 season with a guaranteed 5 million to buy him next season based on appearances. We turned them down as we wanted 13 million.

They also say we had offers from Swansea and Fenerbahce but Mirallas rejected them. We had also offered him to Benfica as part of a deal to buy Mitroglou. There was also an agreement in principle with Leicester for 18million if Mahrez was sold.

The general conclusion is that we want to get rid of him but thought that we could get more money for him.

wish we had gone for Mahrez, would been 30million or so with Mirralas going the other way.

September 05, 2017, 12:34:47 AM
Reply #40

Hesmenos

wish we had gone for Mahrez, would been 30million or so with Mirralas going the other way.
I don't think Mahrez ever wanted to come to us.

September 05, 2017, 12:35:31 AM
Reply #41

SANA_DR0

i know :(

September 05, 2017, 12:39:34 AM
Reply #42

Marky Mark and the funky

I would tend to think he's lost his touch, yet how often does he get in the sort of positions that brought this relatively good season? The tactics don't help him, chasing back.

September 05, 2017, 10:12:32 PM
Reply #43

howard1334

Out of interest, second favourite player based on anything in particular?

Um, it fairly random, and there is no single reason. I guess it is a combination of the fact that (1) he is, at this point, one of our longest serving players: (2) he has the talent to get you of your seat (albeit a rare occurrence these days); (3) even when playing poorly, he tends to get goals and assists; (4) I like singing "Oh Kevin Mirallas" when he scores; and (5) I think, at least up until this point (when he deserves criticism for sure), he has been treated unfairly by supporters who never really got over his bad decision to take the penalty off of Baines.

For the record, Baines is my favorite Everton player, and Gueye probably comes third. I know that no one cares.

September 05, 2017, 10:26:16 PM
Reply #44

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
was in crete in june, and mirralles is really loved over there, which ever bar i was in with my colours on staff would make conversation about him, i would be pissed of course saying you're wrong, you must mean velios,only when i got on the plane home did i realise he played for a greek team :-[

It's the same in Cyprus. A lot support Olympiakos. His picture in both ours and their kit is in a restaurant I go to a lot.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!