November 23, 2017, 12:39:36 AM

Author Topic: The Defence  (Read 4053 times)

September 13, 2017, 10:43:50 PM
Reply #90

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Kenny's gotta play in the Cups, at least.  I wouldn't use any of our back line starters there.

Yeah kinda surprised we haven't seen a little more of Kenny, given the chances others have had. Fixtures may well have had an impact in that though. Although, I do wonder if again this is the problem with some of the signings and feeling like have to play them, at least for a while. Same reason Davies is getting less time when he was pretty much a regular toward the end of last season.

deCoubertin

September 13, 2017, 10:45:55 PM
Reply #91

BlueForYou

It will certainly throw up a predicament if two from Keane, Williams and Jags get injured/suspended at the same time
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 13, 2017, 10:47:59 PM
Reply #92

Lxxx

It will certainly throw up a predicament if two from Keane, Williams and Jags get injured/suspended at the same time

Well you'd think it's nailed on that one of them will get a tweak between now and January, leaving us pretty exposed. Unless he's counting Martina as able to slot in there. Heaven forbid.

September 13, 2017, 11:27:28 PM
Reply #93

Gary1878

It would be interesting to know what Kenny isn't showing Koeman in order to start. He put in some great performances for England over the summer and surely has deserved a place over Martina, whose ability to defend looks somewhat questionable.

September 13, 2017, 11:38:44 PM
Reply #94

SANA_DR0

It would be interesting to know what Kenny isn't showing Koeman in order to start. He put in some great performances for England over the summer and surely has deserved a place over Martina, whose ability to defend looks somewhat questionable.

its not that he's not showing enough to Koeman, its that Koeman wants to play his signing, Martina... i guess it comes down to his ego, admitting he didnt need to sign Martina..especially if Kenny starts to perform to Colemans level (even at 20% coleman level he is x1000 better than Martina)
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 13, 2017, 11:46:12 PM
Reply #95

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
its not that he's not showing enough to Koeman, its that Koeman wants to play his signing, Martina... i guess it comes down to his ego, admitting he didnt need to sign Martina..especially if Kenny starts to perform to Colemans level (even at 20% coleman level he is x1000 better than Martina)
You dont know that tho

Maybe koeman doesn't rate kenny
There's been better players before Kenny who haven't been rated by a manager

Your obsesssion with him is based on games at his own age level and at reserve level

Simply simply lovely

September 14, 2017, 12:07:17 AM
Reply #96

SANA_DR0

You dont know that tho

Maybe koeman doesn't rate kenny
There's been better players before Kenny who haven't been rated by a manager

Your obsesssion with him is based on games at his own age level and at reserve level

true, my obsession is based on that, and based on watching football for 30 odd years (wont count the first 9 years of my life, cos i cant recall football then lol)  but yeah watching football.. you can tell straight away which players are class and which are garbage.

If Koeman doesnt rate Kenny, lol, an rates MArtina.. lol..lolol

i think ill stop there.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 14, 2017, 12:11:32 AM
Reply #97

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

true, my obsession is based on that, and based on watching football for 30 odd years (wont count the first 9 years of my life, cos i cant recall football then lol)  but yeah watching football.. you can tell straight away which players are class and which are garbage.

If Koeman doesnt rate Kenny, lol, an rates MArtina.. lol..lolol

i think ill stop there.
Your saying he is picking Martina cos he signed him and it's ego, there's no evidence

It's like me saying he isn't picking Kenny cos at training every day mirallas is tearing him a new arse hole

You also have missed out on a career in scouting if you've been picking quality players for 30years

Simply simply lovely

September 14, 2017, 12:17:08 AM
Reply #98

SANA_DR0

Your saying he is picking Martina cos he signed him and it's ego, there's no evidence

It's like me saying he isn't picking Kenny cos at training every day mirallas is tearing him a new arse hole

You also have missed out on a career in scouting if you've been picking quality players for 30years

lol, watching football you can see who the quality players are... then i (back then) used to keep an eye out on them and watch their games.. but since probably 2008 ive only watched Everton games.. this year ive actually watched MOTD!!

they're maybe no evidence on the MArtina situation. but if he continues to play shit, when we have Holgate and Kenny..

then something isnt right..  but ill go with what your alluding too... Martina > Kenny/Holgate.

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 14, 2017, 12:34:58 AM
Reply #99

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not saying he is better, I'm saying koeman thinks he is a better option

Of martina had played every game then you could possibly use the ego (although I don't see it, the lad was a free) but he hasn't, he has been swapped with Holgate

Simply simply lovely

September 14, 2017, 05:58:10 AM
Reply #100

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure what the situation is, Kenny must just be in reality not ready for men's football? Maybe Klaassen is mugging him off left right and centre in training.

Reckon we'll see lookman maximum 5 games this year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 14, 2017, 06:15:12 AM
Reply #101

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I actually think Williams is a pretty good defender tbh.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 14, 2017, 06:32:23 AM
Reply #102

Ramjam

Pass the pipe, it's my turn
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 14, 2017, 02:20:18 PM
Reply #103

gizzblue

The only word I would use to describe William's is ...liability.....and he's better at defending than Martina by miles.

September 14, 2017, 04:20:00 PM
Reply #104

Lxxx

In a 'backs to the wall, defend your own 6 yard box' he's alright at throwing his body and head at things. I'd like to think we're aiming for a higher standard of play these days though.