November 23, 2017, 12:39:38 AM

Author Topic: Ra(p)tings vs spuds  (Read 1654 times)

September 09, 2017, 11:19:00 PM
Read 1654 times

Marky Mark and the funky

7 Pickford     - Conceded three, none clearly his fault, and many saves in between

4 Martina      - IMHO why we lost the game. Generally poor defending and goal 2 directly on him.
5 Keane        - 'Classy' defender not looking so great against tough opponents
4 Williams     - Booked early and what the fuck was he doing so far behind the rest of ours for goal 3?
6 Baines       - Some great play on the ball, not directly culpable that I can recall?

5 Schneiderlin - I think he did the job he was asked to, can't blame him for the outcome. Loses a point for getting mugged by Alli when he could have been safer.
6 Gueye        - Still energetic but things went wrong behind him.

5 Klaassen      - Not going to blame him for the system breaking down, tried hard.
6 Rooney         - Other teams can pretty much focus on Rooney and nullify us at the moment.
5 Sigurdsson   - Had some of our best chances and IIRC did not even get a shot on target

5 Sandro       - Better than Chelsea. Not high praise.

Subs              - Sadly irrelevant, brought on to practice in a lost fixture.

5 Koeman      - The doom mongerers are winning the 'why sign three number 10s' argument at present. Narrow midfield/attack gave them lots of angles to build attacks.

Final comment. In fairness the first goal was class from Kane, the second was an individual mistake from Martina. The third I personally attribute to Williams killing any chance we had of an offside because no one else in blue was on his wavelength.

Without a moment of class and defensive mistakes the dour 1-0 might have been on!

deCoubertin

September 09, 2017, 11:22:17 PM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford, Baines and Gueye 5.

The rest of them 2s or 3s.

September 09, 2017, 11:22:26 PM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

generous

September 09, 2017, 11:25:24 PM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They worked us over, schooled us without getting out of first gear

Simply simply lovely

September 09, 2017, 11:26:16 PM
Reply #4

Marky Mark and the funky

generous

Yeah perhaps. I put them up to start the ball rolling while it's fresh in everyone's mind, let's see some more opinions :-\

September 09, 2017, 11:26:29 PM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
Pickford - 3 - Thought he had a mare. Poor positioning on the first goal. Parried the second into the middle of the box.

Martina - 2 - can't header a ball. Can't defend. Puts in a few crosses that amount to nothing.

Keane - 4 - No understanding with Williams.

Williams - 3 - Always gets caught.

Baines - 6 - nothing bad, amazing how much better we play when we actually give him the ball.

Schneiderlin - 4 - What was he doing today?

Gana - 5 - didn't really notice him.

Klaassen - 4 - knows he's struggling and it's not helping him.

Sigurdsson - 5 - good when we actually get him in the game.

Rooney - 5 - Lots of hustle, not a lot else.

Sandro - 4 - Shouldn't be starting yet.

Subs:

Davies - 6 - Did Okay.
DCL - 7 - The only player we have that plays like an actual striker. Makes runs, holds it up, attacks crosses.
Vlasic - 6 - Solid cameo

Koeman - 0 - Learned nothing from the Chelsea game.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 09, 2017, 11:28:17 PM
Reply #6

Elgoodo1978

Were we watching the same game! Unlucky not to get 1-0! We were lucky it wasn't 6-0.  I honestly couldn't rate anyone

September 09, 2017, 11:30:17 PM
Reply #7

Marky Mark and the funky

Were we watching the same game! Unlucky not to get 1-0! We were lucky it wasn't 6-0.  I honestly couldn't rate anyone

Was not meant to come across as we were unlucky not to get 1-0, I'm giggling my ass off here lolol

I was attempting to imply, the gameplan might not have been tasteful but it was holding together until we conceded two poor goals. We still had a chance to change things at half-time and instead immediately let in another goal :(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:32:18 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 09, 2017, 11:30:17 PM
Reply #8

Elgoodo1978

Koeman - 0 - Learned nothing from the Chelsea game (2016).
[/quote]

September 09, 2017, 11:32:13 PM
Reply #9

Elgoodo1978

Was not meant ot come across as we were unlucky not to get 1-0, I'm giggling my ass off here lolol

I was attempting to imply, the gameplan might not have been tasteful but it was holding together until we conceded two poor goals. We still had a chance to change things at half-time and instead immediately let in another goal :(

Haha no worries but we could have been 2 or 3 down before Kane's first

September 09, 2017, 11:33:19 PM
Reply #10

Marky Mark and the funky

Haha no worries but we could have been 2 or 3 down before Kane's first

Yeah agreed, I thought at that point the narrow gameplan was ironically saving us because with so many bodies in the middle they had little sight of goal to shoot at :blush:

September 09, 2017, 11:37:04 PM
Reply #11

Marky Mark and the funky

Pickford - 3 - Thought he had a mare. Poor positioning on the first goal. Parried the second into the middle of the box.

I think your ratings will be the overall consensus but this one?

1) A spuds player is in an advanced crossing position so Pickford covers his near post. Instead it is played back to Kane, still to the right and away from the penalty area, pure class judgement from Kane.

2) Didn't cover himself in glory but no one was expecting Martina to miss an easy clearance, it caught out our whole defence IMO. Why was a spud the first to react to the parry.

3) No chance. Other than this he kept the score down, 3 is an extremely harsh score ;)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:38:22 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 10, 2017, 12:00:49 AM
Reply #12

ZVictorOne

1) A spuds player is in an advanced crossing position so Pickford covers his near post. Instead it is played back to Kane, still to the right and away from the penalty area, pure class judgement from Kane.

Kane admits it was a cross and he was lucky
ZVictorOne

September 10, 2017, 12:04:48 AM
Reply #13

Ross

I've been a big a advocate of Pickford for s while but he's definitely got to do better with that first goal.

He's had plenty of time to see it and readjust but he's not reacted to it. If it's Robles or Stek they're getting deserved stick for it so we should acknowledge it's an avoidable mistake at least.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 10, 2017, 12:06:02 AM
Reply #14

Realist

Koeman -11
Martina -3
Sandro -2

Utter garbage