September 21, 2017, 06:31:22 AM

Author Topic: Our best 11  (Read 1941 times)

September 11, 2017, 02:25:53 AM
Reply #30

SANA_DR0

:P

my perspective on our best 11

Pickford

Holgate      Keane            Jagielka

Coleman/                                                       Baines
   Kenny
                        Gana         Davies

Siggy              Rooney

DCL

the front line still looks shit, id want Vlasic and Lookman in their instead of Siggy and Rooney., and id rather play 442. but  442 under Koeman looks like a Martinez esque disaster waiting to happen.

fuck it,

Pickford

Coleman    Holgate   Keane  Baines
               Gana    Davies
 Vlasic                              Lookman
               Siggy
                         DCL

thats our best team. (i would put in Schneiderlin for Davies, but he's been off so far this season)

deCoubertin

September 11, 2017, 02:31:53 AM
Reply #31

toshyboy

I don't think so much the "best 11" that's the issue, it's the lack of a focal point in attack. We aren't scoring goals. DCL has to be first name on team sheet for me (through the middle) and build around him. He's the only one who can play no 9

September 11, 2017, 07:09:22 PM
Reply #32

ally2

We've not got the wingers we need so let's play narrow and compact.

Pickford

Jags Keane Williams

Davies Schneiderlein Gueye Baines

Sigurdsson

Rooney DCL

September 12, 2017, 02:44:06 AM
Reply #33

mikey_blue

Are we talking assuming everyone's in form? If not, I'd be dropping Schneiderlin for a start. He needs to sort himself out this season.

How is our midfield so soft with him and Gana in? Can they not play together or have they been both hyped up?

I think Davies has to start more games, as well as DCL.  I still have no clue of our best 11.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but didn't we start playing much better football when Gana went to the AFCON?

September 12, 2017, 02:54:32 AM
Reply #34

john e

Joel

Martina    Williams    Funes-Mori    Garbutt

Besic         McCarthey

Lennon                                                  Mirallas
                         Barkley

Niasse

I'd go with that right now lol As long as you get rid of Williams, use a ball boy in his place

September 12, 2017, 03:17:39 AM
Reply #35

Optimistic Blue

Rooney must play up front for me, if there's one thing he can still do, it's finish and he's the only one who could reliably do so in that position x
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

September 12, 2017, 03:25:12 AM
Reply #36

Elgoodo1978

Fuck knows!

September 12, 2017, 03:45:26 AM
Reply #37

Coyney83

Potentially controversial but I'd be inclined to pull Rooney who has been one of our better performers to date.

Once Coleman is fit, I'd go as follows...

Pickford
Holgate Keane Jags
Coleman Schneiderlin Ghana Baines
Sigs
DCL Sandro

We'd be narrow as fuck but given our lack of pace in the squad you have to play to what you have. We need to push the game about 20 yards up the park and you can't do that unless i) the ball sticks when played up there and ii) you can occupy the opposition defence.

I think Sigs looks lost at present and we can't afford to have that with our marquee signing who has proven time and again that if you play to his strengths he will be a great contributor. Plus he is/should be in the prime of his career, whilst Wayne isn't and would be a great option off the bench.

September 12, 2017, 04:29:16 AM
Reply #38

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney must play up front for me, if there's one thing he can still do, it's finish and he's the only one who could reliably do so in that position x

Dunno. He's missed some sitters this season plus a couple of one on ones that Mirallas would have put away. He can't stay on his feet to shoot. Probably pissed.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 12, 2017, 04:36:35 AM
Reply #39

KoemansNumberTens

I think it's time to sacrifice some consistency for an actually balanced team. DLC, Davies and Lookman maybe even Niasse need to play more games. Pick 1 of our many 10s instead of all of them. I'm not adverse to trying Kenny too though the reality is no one really knows if he's even close to being ready

September 12, 2017, 05:16:05 PM
Reply #40

Ramjam

:P

my perspective on our best 11

Pickford

Holgate      Keane            Jagielka

Coleman/                                                       Baines
   Kenny
                        Gana         Davies

Siggy              Rooney

DCL

the front line still looks shit, id want Vlasic and Lookman in their instead of Siggy and Rooney., and id rather play 442. but  442 under Koeman looks like a Martinez esque disaster waiting to happen.

fuck it,

Pickford

Coleman    Holgate   Keane  Baines
               Gana    Davies
 Vlasic                              Lookman
               Siggy
                         DCL

thats our best team. (i would put in Schneiderlin for Davies, but he's been off so far this season)

That is 100% our best team right there
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 12, 2017, 05:33:42 PM
Reply #41

Rodenplav64

Pickford , Holgate , Jagielka , Keane , Baines , Davies , Schneiderlin  , Gueye , Mirallas , Siggurdsson , Rooney  .

Bench : Robles ,  Vlasic , Calvert-Lewin , Williams , Sandro .

When fit Coleman is a cert and Lookman needs to go on loan until we sell Mirallas ( who despite being a bit of a twat is still too good to rot on the bench ) . I also think a fit McCarthy has a role to play if we can stay in the cup competitions long enough .

It is all a bit moot though as Koeman will shoe horn Klassen and Martina in there at the expense of Holgate or Kenny and Barkley ( obvious issues aside ) and McCarthy . Bolasie has to go somewhere when fit as well .

Personally think the Manager has assembled a mish mash that won't gel in a month of Sundays .

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:39:19 PM by Rodenplav64 »

September 12, 2017, 06:36:01 PM
Reply #42

SANA_DR0

That is 100% our best team right there

thats cos theres 22 players on the pitch :p

September 12, 2017, 06:58:25 PM
Reply #43

kramer0

I haven't seen enough of the new signings to feel confident but as of today, I'd say something like this:

GK: Pickford
RB: Holgate
CB: Keane
CB: Jagielka
LB: Baines
DM: Gana
DM: Schneiderlin
AMR: Rooney
AMC: Sigurdsson
AML: Sandro
CF: Calvert-Lewin

Calvert-Lewin has to be starting at CF on current form because he's shown the best movement in that position and he's the closest thing we have to a target man. There's plenty of time for Lookman and Vlasic to fight their way into those "wing" positions, possibly at the expense of Calvert-Lewin if his form dips (with Rooney moving to CF). Rooney offers no protection to the full back so if he's starting in a wider position, it has to be Holgate at right back. Klaassen, Sigurdsson, and Rooney shouldn't be starting matches together unless we want to be incredibly narrow and one-paced.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 07:08:52 PM by kramer0 »

September 12, 2017, 09:25:40 PM
Reply #44

BlueForYou

Pickford
             Holgate(Coleman)  Keane            Schneiderlin    Baines
             Klaassen                Gana              Davies             Sigurdsson
                                           Ramirez          Rooney

Subs:

Stek
(Holgate) Kenny/Martina
Williams/Jags
Vlasic
(Onyekuru) Barkley
(Bolasie) Lookman
Calvert-Lewin
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick