November 21, 2017, 10:43:02 AM

Author Topic: Atalanta vs. Everton  (Read 12476 times)

September 13, 2017, 04:58:52 PM
Reply #90

Toddacelli

Almost went full @Toddacelli there. No one should ever go full @Toddacelli

:p

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 13, 2017, 10:20:14 PM
Reply #91

SANA_DR0

Awful post.

id drop him due to,
A, drink driving, - Irrelevant. It will be dealt with away from the pitchnot irrelevant, but its not only the drink driving, its his mental ability thats in question. he must feel fucked, if his wife is asking him to have time off to sort things out..
B, hes supposed to be a role model (thats one of the reasons Everton would have brought him back) as a role model, you shouldnt be drink driving, or cheating on your pregnant mrs, on top of that, im sure his children would have heard. - If you think he was brought to the club for anything other than footballing reasons  lolol i dont think this is the reason. but it is one of the reasons, hes a marketing tool, all players are. look at the psg players who pimp a country whose human rights record is atrocious, rooney represents everton football club, youngsters look upto him, he is a role model englands highest goal scorer, man utds highest goal scorer, back at his boyhood club. as i said. its the whole package what he offers, he has a higher reputation than any other of our players, and he;s known world wide.
C, he maybe the only league goal scorer, (he IS not may be) but Rooney as the main number 9, he just drops off,, leaving no one there, which in turn frustrates him and causes him to get booked. If Rooney drops off it is because that is because the team aren't getting the ball to him - he's too isolated so he is coming looking for it and making himself available to his teammates because they lack the quality and cohesion to find him at present
as the number 9,. regardless if he isnt getting the ball, he shouldnt drop off, leaving us short up top, so when he gets the ball. there is no one for him to pass too... the team arent getting the ball to him due to the formation, maybe different if he didnt play.
D,  see C due to that our team is very unbalanced, 3 players dropping off, if not 4 players... leaving no central striker... We need to change things, if Rooney is going to be the main striker, then he needs to stop coming back, as when we get the ball up front, no one is there to keep it, thus the other team attacks and attacks, which  eventually leads to a mistake, and a goal for the opposition. Rooney dropping off from a 9 position because he's not getting the ball leads to him getting a booking and the opposition scoring?  lololthats not what i said.. lol i said.  but thats what you got from it.. ie man city. we couldnt retain the ball at the top of the pitch. our defence had to keep clearing it,, no one in midfield or attack could relieve the pressure, as such man city kept attacking over and over (same as spurs) due to the lack of midfielders/attackers being able to retain the ball,, it eventually led to a defensive mistake.. which man city scored from... against spurs, same issue.. we have no attacking play, so its basically batton down the hatches and defend for 90 mins.

bop!

im going full Toddacelli! no one can stop me!!
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 13, 2017, 11:03:03 PM
Reply #92

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney's tendency for a while now has been basically to run all over the place. This is not a new thing to him being here. The England XI had similar issues to what we're having now.

It's not necessarily a bad trait, I mean we want him making runs into the box ala vs Stoke but I think he's trying too hard in some respects.

September 14, 2017, 04:01:00 AM
Reply #93

D15TIN

Pickford

Kenny Jagielka Keane Baines

Gana

Vlasic Davies Sigurdsson Lookman

Calvert-Lewin

September 14, 2017, 05:55:00 AM
Reply #94

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can't see us lining up without Schneiderlin at all, just don't see how it works.

He's been poor this year so far I think, but he does an important job that others can't do. Maybe James McCarthy could do a very conservative version of it, but I think I'd rather have a crap Schneiderlin than a crap McCarthy.

We've looked so soft in the middle for a team with two DM's, especially two who are prettt highly rated tacklers, id hate to see what we would be like with only one!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 14, 2017, 02:58:55 PM
Reply #95

Juanito

Rooney's tendency for a while now has been basically to run all over the place. This is not a new thing to him being here. The England XI had similar issues to what we're having now.

It's not necessarily a bad trait, I mean we want him making runs into the box ala vs Stoke but I think he's trying too hard in some respects.

He has been our best player and everything has been central to him but I have a strange feeling that if he is out of the side, Sigurdsson would flourish more and we would have more balance.

September 14, 2017, 03:06:54 PM
Reply #96

Toddacelli

He has been our best player and everything has been central to him but I have a strange feeling that if he is out of the side, Sigurdsson would flourish more and we would have more balance.

Not keen on dropping best players just for strange feelings.

It's like when you get a strange feeling about a result, put a bet on it, lose and then think - "so what the fuck was that about?"

September 14, 2017, 03:49:38 PM
Reply #97

Jamokachi

So this game's on at 6pm UK time?

September 14, 2017, 03:57:45 PM
Reply #98

Lincs Toffee

So this game's on at 6pm UK time?
Yes mate on BT Showcase Freeview Ch 115
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

September 14, 2017, 04:00:35 PM
Reply #99

Jamokachi

Yes mate on BT Showcase Freeview Ch 115

3am my time    -__-

September 14, 2017, 04:06:21 PM
Reply #100

Lincs Toffee

3am my time    -__-
OUCH !I hope its worth it for you mate !
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

September 14, 2017, 04:07:43 PM
Reply #101

Jamokachi

OUCH !I hope its worth it for you mate !

I'm yet to decide whether I bother. Our free-flowing, attacking, masterful displays of late probably mean I should. Right?

September 14, 2017, 04:35:28 PM
Reply #102

Toddacelli

Shit! 6pm?

I finish AT 6pm.

20 miles away from home.

Might miss the start.

:(

September 14, 2017, 04:48:06 PM
Reply #103

Lxxx

Shit! 6pm?

I finish AT 6pm.

20 miles away from home.

Might miss the start.

:(

We won't pick up until the second half anyway. Pretty standard. You won't miss much, you can even call for a takeaway on the way home.

September 14, 2017, 04:53:01 PM
Reply #104

Toddacelli

We won't pick up until the second half anyway. Pretty standard. You won't miss much, you can even call for a takeaway on the way home.

I would but - on the motorbike!