July 18, 2018, 03:56:17 PM

Author Topic: Spurs v Everton  (Read 26198 times)

March 05, 2017, 11:24:57 PM
Reply #645

Rodenplav64

Didn't get Koeman today . No need to change the way we have been playing . Spurs are excellent at home and I would have sooner see us keep the same side and same way of playing win , lose or draw . No dramas though as their home record shows we lost nothing in defeat .

March 05, 2017, 11:32:54 PM
Reply #646

Ridge

After a game where we have created the sum of next to fuck all, why's everyone bashing the defenders and keeper.

McCarthy used to get murdered for not having more courage on the ball. We had Davies, Schneiderlin, Gueye, Barry, who were all pretty tidy in possession, put in some tackles and worked hard, but did next to nothing in opponents 3rd of pitch or incisive passing or runs.

March 05, 2017, 11:41:27 PM
Reply #647

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
away to spurs or arsenal and no points, standard everton really, some thought that perhaps we could push on further up the league but back to reality now, we are a fair distance off, I know we scored 2 but the gulf there was big, didn't lay a glove on them for much of the game

Are a fair distance off? I think the difference was the defence. From midfield on, we can compete. Our sloppiness in defence is what cost us. What was Williams doing for the second?
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

March 05, 2017, 11:49:24 PM
Reply #648

Shogun

Administrator
No blame on Robles on the BBC report:

"The England forward's second came after the break. Belgian Mousa Dembele caught French midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin dawdling on the ball, allowing Dele Alli to poke a pass through to his team-mate. The Spurs striker then applied a sidefoot finish past the Spanish keeper."

Was there a minimum word count requested on the report?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 06, 2017, 12:25:02 AM
Reply #649

MmmBlueRamirez

Beaten by a very good side and let down by shite defending.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 06, 2017, 12:45:10 AM
Reply #650

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Are a fair distance off? I think the difference was the defence. From midfield on, we can compete. Our sloppiness in defence is what cost us. What was Williams doing for the second?

And I saw it as our midfielders being totally out played by Wanyama and the Rolls Royce that is Dembele. They were outstanding today. And that's why they bossed possession. Our midfielders didn't compete
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 06, 2017, 12:53:15 AM
Reply #651

bluenuck

A few things...

Don't know why everyone is so amazed we aren't as good as them. Pretty sure most of us realized it before this game. I looked at this game as a good measuring stick to see how much the gap was.

Why is Barry in the starting 11? Again with his passes to no one, and late challenges....

2nd goal for them could have been blamed on all 3 of our players involved. Robles, Schneiderlin, Williams.

3rd goal against is really what bothers me though. I can understand the 2nd goal against, it's mistakes made by players, but standing around falling asleep with a free kick in your defensive end is absolutely unacceptable.

Koeman needs to take note of this game in the summer when he's signing players.

Move on to next weekend and beat West Brom and we're back to being the best of the rest.

March 06, 2017, 12:57:17 AM
Reply #652

Evertonian in NC

And I saw it as our midfielders being totally out played by Wanyama and the Rolls Royce that is Dembele. They were outstanding today. And that's why they bossed possession. Our midfielders didn't compete

Barry was in Schneiderlin's spot.  Schneiderlin in Davies' spot.  Davies in The Tooth's.  It didn't work.

I especially suggest we never fuck with Schneiderlin's "QB" role ever again.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 06, 2017, 01:06:28 AM
Reply #653

Gash

Global Moderator
I especially suggest we never fuck with Schneiderlin's "QB" role ever again.

Stop it!

March 06, 2017, 01:10:09 AM
Reply #654

Sixx1402

Magnificent 7th 😂

Did anyone buy that cringily titled season review DVD?

Yeah i've still got it somewhere  ::)
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

March 06, 2017, 01:13:18 AM
Reply #655

Paddockoldie

Need perspective. This side is better than under Martinez. We are 7th and possible bonus on European football next season. Today was an evaluation on our progress but I think we made them look better than they are due to us having an off day. Too many out of sorts and Barry showing he should be off the bench, not a starter.
We need 2 good CB's for sure but I'm still happier than under knob ed  We can beat west brom next week and cement out place and we could even best the shite on our day.. onward Evertonians!!!!

March 06, 2017, 01:15:08 AM
Reply #656

cantoffee

I can see why Barry was put into the team as he is our best CM at picking out balls over the top and they play a high line but the speed of the game and intensity does not suit him and I feel Koeman should have known that.

Don't think much new was shown today really. We need upgrades at CB, GK, and probably another attacker who can play across multiple positions. We've known this for awhile.

Was good to see Barkley play well and drive us on a bit even though we played poorly overall.

March 06, 2017, 01:44:48 AM
Reply #657

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I can see why Barry was put into the team as he is our best CM at picking out balls over the top and they play a high line but the speed of the game and intensity does not suit him and I feel Koeman should have known that.

Don't think much new was shown today really. We need upgrades at CB, GK, and probably another attacker who can play across multiple positions. We've known this for awhile.

Was good to see Barkley play well and drive us on a bit even though we played poorly overall.

Yeah I think we went so narrow as Lookman isn't ready yet for Spurs away and you can't rely on Mirallas.

If we had a wide player who he trusts I think we'd have stuck more to the normal game plan.

As it was I think, knowing the swarming pressure that Spurs out on the opposition, to have the midfielders to have lots of options close to them rather than potentially being a long way from each other.

None of the 4 midfielders had a good game though so whether through that or the tactic making them like that it didn't work.

March 06, 2017, 01:46:14 AM
Reply #658

Lxxx

Kane's first goal is a pretty regulation save from a better goalkeeper.

The second I have no idea what Robles thought Schneiderlin was supposed to do with the ball, facing his own goal, with two Spurs players behind him and one either side. Completely unnecessary.

The third was just shocking. Where were the two centre halves? Was it Schneiderlin who had to attempt to follow Alli in? I can't remember but I know it didn't look right.

Just poor play at the back all round but this is what happens when you're under pressure against the top teams away from home. You need to be on it mentally, weather the storms, stay in the game and then it's time for you to try and create something.

March 06, 2017, 02:18:48 AM
Reply #659

blueski

The third was just shocking. Where were the two centre halves? Was it Schneiderlin who had to attempt to follow Alli in? I can't remember but I know it didn't look right.
alli was stood in space between our two defenders when the kick was taken allowing him to jog on past and tap it in- our two defenders were spaced about 10 yards apart in a line with him in the middle if I recall correctly
Nil Satis