December 15, 2017, 04:28:03 PM

Author Topic: Spurs v Everton  (Read 18410 times)

March 06, 2017, 03:34:04 AM
Reply #660

KoemansNumberTens

The 2nd Robles probably assumed he wanted it as he called for it.
The 3rd while a bit embarrassing was really down to us trying to stop all the balls that would see them keeping possession and running out time and no one actually looking for the attacking ball

March 06, 2017, 09:33:08 AM
Reply #661

bluenuck

alli was stood in space between our two defenders when the kick was taken allowing him to jog on past and tap it in- our two defenders were spaced about 10 yards apart in a line with him in the middle if I recall correctly

It was Baines and Schneiderlin...

March 06, 2017, 12:09:38 PM
Reply #662

Bwana

Get Holgate into the XI.

In principle yes. However, I think he's a bit too raw still. Good at defending when the opponent is allowing him time and space. When a big center forward like Costa gets close to him, he's in trouble. Kinda similar situation in which Heitinga was. Holgate however still has time for getting that fixed.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

March 06, 2017, 12:39:37 PM
Reply #663

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No blame on Robles on the BBC report:

"The England forward's second came after the break. Belgian Mousa Dembele caught French midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin dawdling on the ball, allowing Dele Alli to poke a pass through to his team-mate. The Spurs striker then applied a sidefoot finish past the Spanish keeper."

How come they didn't say what nationality Dele Alli was ?

March 06, 2017, 01:11:34 PM
Reply #664

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Might have a policy of English unless otherwise stated?

March 06, 2017, 04:09:29 PM
Reply #665

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
 :smug:
Hmm...read the first sentence again  :snigger:

March 06, 2017, 04:33:46 PM
Reply #666

TheTone

Are a fair distance off? I think the difference was the defence. From midfield on, we can compete. Our sloppiness in defence is what cost us. What was Williams doing for the second?

Including the goalkeeper they have 5 better players in the defensive positions, Wanyama and Dembele are also better than what we've got in the middle of the park, Eriksen is the type of player we badly need, I don't think there's much difference between Lukaku/Barkley and Kane/Alli, the 4 of them are quality

March 06, 2017, 04:45:21 PM
Reply #667

Major Clanger

Maybe they got Dan Brown in as guest reporter. :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 06, 2017, 05:51:08 PM
Reply #668

Rodenplav64

Maybe they got Dan Brown in as guest reporter. :)

He would probably qualify to play for England , Nigeria and Somalia or something like that .

March 06, 2017, 07:49:31 PM
Reply #669

Bluedylan

In a lot of ways, I blame the people who don't rate Harry Kane for this result ;)
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 06, 2017, 08:24:11 PM
Reply #670

bacon sarnie

Everton doing an Arsenal/Spurs versus the shite but 7th is still attainable.

Koeman can't get it right all the time but fucked it by starting Barry.

Next time......

March 06, 2017, 09:51:13 PM
Reply #671

Macca77

Everton doing an Arsenal/Spurs versus the shite but 7th is still attainable.

Koeman can't get it right all the time but fucked it by starting Barry.

Next time......

March 06, 2017, 10:30:25 PM
Reply #672

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I would genuinely like to see some progress against the sides above us in the remaining games this season. We've done pretty poorly for the most part and it'd be nice to show something more in those away games against Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man United. While there were clearly some stupid mistakes, there is also plenty of room to take some lessons from this game and improve.

March 06, 2017, 11:43:58 PM
Reply #673

bluenuck

I would genuinely like to see some progress against the sides above us in the remaining games this season. We've done pretty poorly for the most part and it'd be nice to show something more in those away games against Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man United. While there were clearly some stupid mistakes, there is also plenty of room to take some lessons from this game and improve.

I agree, but against spurs We weren't the better team, but I thought we battled and tried to play positive against a good team in a tough place to play.

It really shows how important a strong defensive structure is in this league. It's a must when we're talking about making top 4.