December 12, 2017, 08:48:45 AM

Author Topic: Everton v WBA  (Read 11122 times)

March 09, 2017, 08:01:57 PM
Reply #30

bacon sarnie

Agreed. It has no bite.

Bit overbite top innit.

March 09, 2017, 08:12:52 PM
Reply #31

Bally

Administrator
                       Robles

Coleman   Holgate   Mori   Baines

Davies   Schneiderlin  Gana

Barkley  The Tooth

Lukaku

Let youth be served.  The future is now.
Who in the screaming blue fuck is the tooth, and fucking stop it with that shit
It's the roll I way

March 10, 2017, 02:10:48 AM
Reply #32

Paddockoldie

I'd go with jags but his lack of game time plus the sloth that is Williams might not be a great idea with these. Rondon is the danger, especially at corners. I hope we go back to the new holy trinity in midfield... Barry on the bench of needed. I'd give l˛okman a go here.. his pace might help unlock them?

March 10, 2017, 02:12:30 AM
Reply #33

dchans

Brace yourself.....
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

March 10, 2017, 02:27:59 AM
Reply #34

Toddacelli

Agreed. His name is Lookman.

And we already have enough youngsters in the team with Colgate at the back.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 10, 2017, 03:01:10 AM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Funes Mori needs to either show something he's never showed before in the rest of the season or get shipped out.

The back four is no place for insanity.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 10, 2017, 05:44:42 PM
Reply #36

Evertonian in NC

I would like to see if Funes Mori remains as inconsistent/maddening next to a different partner.  Williams has been awful for months.

And even if he is, we can see if Holgate works at CB, so that maybe we try him next to Jags?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 10, 2017, 06:32:08 PM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Amazing that our center backs have been horrible for months, yet we have the fourth best defence in the league.

Just think when we do buy a couple of top defenders.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

March 10, 2017, 07:23:43 PM
Reply #38

Lxxx

I would like to see if Funes Mori remains as inconsistent/maddening next to a different partner.  Williams has been awful for months.

And even if he is, we can see if Holgate works at CB, so that maybe we try him next to Jags?

Funes Mori's weaknesses are in his head not with his defensive partner.

If we can get back what we paid for him it'd be a result.

March 10, 2017, 07:54:40 PM
Reply #39

dazfrancis

Amazing that our center backs have been horrible for months, yet we have the fourth best defence in the league.

Just think when we do buy a couple of top defenders.

You know when they say defend as a team ...

March 10, 2017, 11:21:10 PM
Reply #40

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
You know when they say defend as a team ...

Yes. And? If these two were that bad as some seem to suggest, we'd still be conceding more.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

March 11, 2017, 02:49:57 AM
Reply #41

Evertonian in NC

I think individually, Williams has been pretty shocking in particular the past several games.  But this is just me shooting the shit, I trust Koeman to sort it out.  As others note above, the overall defensive performance has certainly been more than adequate, whatever irritations we have with individual performances.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 11, 2017, 03:06:54 AM
Reply #42

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Every time mirallas has posted a pic the day before a game on instagram he has played... Looks like he is in tomoz

Simply simply lovely

March 11, 2017, 06:23:21 AM
Reply #43

bluestevie

Every time mirallas has posted a pic the day before a game on instagram he has played... Looks like he is in tomoz

That's the only change I'm expecting Jim, Mirallas for Barry. Sod's law for me that I'm off this weekend but not going the game as I realised too late that we were at home and had booked a weekend priority ticket for the MCM Comic Con event taking place at the Exhibition Centre next to the Arena
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 11, 2017, 04:57:34 PM
Reply #44

dazfrancis

Yes. And? If these two were that bad as some seem to suggest, we'd still be conceding more.

I wasn't trying to be sarcy. Just spouting out an age old adage