December 15, 2017, 02:49:45 AM

Author Topic: If You Were Manager...  (Read 809 times)

November 27, 2017, 01:13:05 AM
Reply #30

gizzblue

If i was Unsy id eat more pies sack the squad p45's all round and try managing a womens hockey team where there is guaranteed to be less fannys in my squad .

deCoubertin

November 27, 2017, 01:13:40 AM
Reply #31

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Which ones? On this season's performances, not one of them is worth a place in a top 6-7 Sunday League side. We simply have to accept that at this moment in time, we are utter shite!

To give one example, everyone says our defence is terrible.

Yet last season we only conceded 44 goals, which was joint 5th best in the league. And that was with Robles in goal.

Baines, Jags and Williams were all part of that defence. Now clearly they're all on the decline to an extent, if they played with more discipline and (more importantly) had a more organised midfield in front of them, they would be performing far better.

A lot can be done to improve this squad with the players it has.

November 27, 2017, 01:32:24 AM
Reply #32

Ross

Pickford

Kenny.  Jags. Holgate.  Baines

Benni

Lennon.  Davies.  Sigurdsson.  Lookman.

Niasse

Inject a bit of pace at the back, a bit of bottle and discipline in front of them, add in a forward thinking midfielder and some pace and threat up front. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 27, 2017, 01:36:43 AM
Reply #33

KingOfNapaValley

Well, my answer is different in that I would not give the manager an option.

Cruyff/Barca convinced me that 4-3-3 is the best formation. I believe it.

They benefits of having one and only one formation are....

1. The whole club gets in line. Youth know what position they will play from the time they are 14 and they can be slotted into the first team, easier.

2. You see, as manager and owner, what areas need improvement because weaknesses get exposed. This is far less clear when managers change formation match to match.

3. Take the game TO the opposition instead of always responding to what others do.

4. 4-3-3 is a positive, rather than negative formation. I think it is the most "beautiful" formation.

It's desperate to change formations every match. It takes guts (and long-term thinking) to create a culture. Even if 4-3-3 is not the preferred formation, pick one! And make the whole club do the same and stick with it.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:37:45 AM by KingOfNapaValley »

November 27, 2017, 01:37:17 AM
Reply #34

KingOfNapaValley

I feel Everton are failing because we lack a true culture. I think that is also the case for most clubs and most companies, for that matter.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:38:53 AM by KingOfNapaValley »

November 27, 2017, 01:43:28 AM
Reply #35

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I feel Everton are failing because we lack a true culture. I think that is also the case for most clubs and most companies, for that matter.

That'll be why we've been in the top flight more years than any other team in the world then.

November 27, 2017, 01:43:34 AM
Reply #36

Cereal Killer

Well, my answer is different in that I would not give the manager an option.

Cruyff/Barca convinced me that 4-3-3 is the best formation. I believe it.

They benefits of having one and only one formation are....

1. The whole club gets in line. Youth know what position they will play from the time they are 14 and they can be slotted into the first team, easier.

2. You see, as manager and owner, what areas need improvement because weaknesses get exposed. This is far less clear when managers change formation match to match.

3. Take the game TO the opposition instead of always responding to what others do.

4. 4-3-3 is a positive, rather than negative formation. I think it is the most "beautiful" formation.

It's desperate to change formations every match. It takes guts (and long-term thinking) to create a culture. Even if 4-3-3 is not the preferred formation, pick one! And make the whole club do the same and stick with it.

You mean we shouldn't change formation 8 times a game?!? Heathen!!

November 27, 2017, 02:54:48 AM
Reply #37

SANA_DR0

What squad and formation would you currently select?

Apart from being a chaotic club from top to bottom, being poorly coached, and lacking quality and confidence, those players could also really do with some continuity of style, tactics, and formation.

I would aim for a 3-3-1-3, which could change to 5-4-1, 4-3-3, or 4-4-2 with the below personnel, depending on need during a match.

This would be my squad right now.

Combative, forward passers in the centre of midfield, with Davies and Besic who can swiftly become full-backs if we need extra bodies at the back, or Davies could drop into RB, with Keane occupying LB, and Besic and Baningime manning the CM area, plus good pace among the front three, and Sigurdsson in the only position I could ever imagine him doing OK for us. I know Keane is playing poorly, but he must be better than Williams, surely?
I've also eliminated Mirallas and Schneiderlin because they are nobends, and Williams and Martina because they are abysmal, and DCL because he just isn't offering anything at the moment.

Pickford
           Holgate Jagielka Keane
           Davies Baningime Besic
                     Sigurdsson
            Vlasic Niasse Lookman

Robles, Kenny, Baines, Gana, Lennon, Sandro, Rooney

*feel free to thoroughly slaughter me, but I'm currently bored, and understandably depressed, and I want to use this place as a support group at the moment for Everton therapy, plus I love loads of the ideas I read on here.

i;d go out almost all under 23. get some urgency/passion/energy/desire in our play

Pickford
     Holgate   Keane   Feeney
Kenny                            Baines
         Baningime Siggy
Lookman                  Vlasic
                 Niasse
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....