December 16, 2017, 01:45:13 AM

Author Topic: Mirallas and schneiderlin sent home..  (Read 7175 times)

November 06, 2017, 05:33:23 PM
Reply #60

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I hope they get fined as well.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

deCoubertin

November 06, 2017, 05:35:55 PM
Reply #61

Waltzer

I was saying he was shit, pre season, and all the games he has played in.He just wants to pass backwards, slowing down our already incredibly slow attacks. Glad he's got a wake up call, not sure how i feel about Mirallas, but if we can play Lookman/Lennon and hopefully Vlasic, then i have no issues with it.

I disagree I think he is a very good player, hes just being asked to do things that arent in his makeup. He is in there to win the ball and give it easy to players more creatively capable, admittedly he isnt doing the winning the ball very well at the moment, but I do think his decent.

November 06, 2017, 06:01:05 PM
Reply #62

Cereal Killer

Iím not convinced itís as easy as youíre both making out. Thereís very few clubs that can afford the sort of wages they earn and thereís even fewer desperate enough to take players on with poor attitudes.

And then we remember there's West Ham  :woohoo:

November 06, 2017, 06:07:44 PM
Reply #63

Lxxx

I disagree I think he is a very good player, hes just being asked to do things that arent in his makeup. He is in there to win the ball and give it easy to players more creatively capable, admittedly he isnt doing the winning the ball very well at the moment, but I do think his decent.

What might they be? He's a £24m midfielder, seasoned international. Sorry if we ask a little more of him than to pick the ball up off Keane and pass it to Kenny or Baines.

November 06, 2017, 06:14:48 PM
Reply #64

Waltzer

What might they be? He's a £24m midfielder, seasoned international. Sorry if we ask a little more of him than to pick the ball up off Keane and pass it to Kenny or Baines.

You can ask for what and its not unreasonable. When I went to the Burnely game Scheiderlin spent most of his time with his hands out looking for forward balls so I dont think hes adverse to it, I just think we have too many shying away and not taking responsibility meaning he is forced to do things outside of his remit, or to play in short to Baines or Kenny

November 06, 2017, 06:16:16 PM
Reply #65

Lxxx

You can ask for what and its not unreasonable. When I went to the Burnely game Scheiderlin spent most of his time with his hands out looking for forward balls so I dont think hes adverse to it, I just think we have too many shying away and not taking responsibility meaning he is forced to do things outside of his remit, or to play in short to Baines or Kenny

Like....?

November 06, 2017, 06:19:03 PM
Reply #66

Waltzer

Like....?

Like being a more creative player, setting up attacks etc. Dont get me wrong he has got his limitations, I just think in a team thats playing well, well balanced he would be a crucial part of that jigsaw

November 06, 2017, 06:26:25 PM
Reply #67

Lxxx

Like being a more creative player, setting up attacks etc. Dont get me wrong he has got his limitations, I just think in a team thats playing well, well balanced he would be a crucial part of that jigsaw

But he doesn't even do what his 'remit' is though. He's in the side to provide cover for the centre halves and add stability to the centre of the field yet teams walk through us with ease. He has no physical presence, takes no responsibility and just looks really weak mentally. The most over-rated player in the squad in my opinion.

November 06, 2017, 06:27:36 PM
Reply #68

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And then we remember there's West Ham  :woohoo:

Koeman takes over at West Ham and buys...

November 06, 2017, 06:28:47 PM
Reply #69

Waltzer

But he doesn't even do what his 'remit' is though. He's in the side to provide cover for the centre halves and add stability to the centre of the field yet teams walk through us with ease. He has no physical presence, takes no responsibility and just looks really weak mentally. The most over-rated player in the squad in my opinion.

I know thats why I said he isnt doing it very well at the moment, but he isnt the only one not doing their job to the required standard. I was just stating that I dont think we should through the baby out with the bath water with regards to Scheiderlin as I think hes still a decent player and will come good

November 06, 2017, 06:29:31 PM
Reply #70

Waltzer

Koeman takes over at West Ham and buys...

I honestly dont know why they wouldnt be all over him, have him everyday of the week over Moyes

November 06, 2017, 06:31:20 PM
Reply #71

toffee_scot

I've been quite patient and given Mirallas the benefit of the doubt on a few occasions but if he really is causing problems then we should get rid ASAP in January.

Schneiderlin's been very disappointing this season, what happened to the player that came in and made a good impression in the 2nd half of last season? I guess his main motivation for coming here was to work with Koeman again and now that he's gone then he is struggling to adapt to new management. Didn't he have issues with Mourinho at Man Utd as well?

November 06, 2017, 06:32:18 PM
Reply #72

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I honestly dont know why they wouldnt be all over him, have him everyday of the week over Moyes

Indeed. They have a reasonably balanced squad in comparison to us. He'll be able to do more. Until he makes them unbalanced in January or next summer...

November 06, 2017, 06:35:01 PM
Reply #73

Waltzer

I've been quite patient and given Mirallas the benefit of the doubt on a few occasions but if he really is causing problems then we should get rid ASAP in January.

Schneiderlin's been very disappointing this season, what happened to the player that came in and made a good impression in the 2nd half of last season? I guess his main motivation for coming here was to work with Koeman again and now that he's gone then he is struggling to adapt to new management. Didn't he have issues with Mourinho at Man Utd as well?

Think there were frustrations at not playing but you'd expect that, Jose was complimentary about him and didnt want him to leave

November 06, 2017, 06:53:27 PM
Reply #74

bigac

"No lockers for you two lazy pair of wankers. From now on you'll be bringing your kit in an Asda bag!"
"Niasse my good man, you get Koeman's locker."

..Says Unsworth.