May 23, 2018, 08:13:43 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
The Everton Forum / Re: Lozano
« Last post by Goaljira on 11 seconds ago »
Sticks in the craw but Liverpool model since Klopp.

Established stars in other half-decent leagues -
firmino, salah
Established stars in smaller teams - mane, VVD, Robertson

All under a certain age, all identified (through data) as having key attributes for the specific system (insane physical gifts, pressing, pace, goals...)

They weren't exactly unknown gambles when they bought them[One of them being the most expensive defender in the world], and they were able to offer them a lot more than we currently are.
Im sensing a trophy here lads. Or do we call it silvaware?

😏
The Everton Forum / Re: Lozano
« Last post by blue slug on 9 minutes ago »
Sticks in the craw but Liverpool model since Klopp.

Established stars in other half-decent leagues -
firmino, salah
Established stars in smaller teams - mane, VVD, Robertson

All under a certain age, all identified (through data) as having key attributes for the specific system (insane physical gifts, pressing, pace, goals...)

Its definitely the way we should be recruiting to, sound business model really
People forget hes still a relatively young man in general let alone to be a manager at the top level. I think itd be perfectly reasonable and understandable if he felt the pressure of managing one of the biggest teams in a country in his mid 30s. The fact he did it very successfully for a while shouldn't be lost.

It's the times you struggle and fail, you learn the most. He's had a significant amount of success and failure, let's hope he's learned his lessons and will arrive at us at the perfect time to put the struggles behind him. And us.
The Everton Forum / Re: Who should we go for? POLL RESET
« Last post by Topper on 18 minutes ago »
Hopefully, he would seek to develop young players like Lookman, as a manager/coach, not push them out the door to develop elsewhere. He would be good for the young players, IMO.

I will be very disappointed if Lookman is not given a chance by the new manager
Happy to give Silva a go, but he is very young, and doesn't have a track record of building teams. The last 4 years, he has had 4 different clubs. 2 of these clubs he quit, 2 of them he was sacked, which is a worry.

This is my main worry...
People forget hes still a relatively young man in general let alone to be a manager at the top level. I think itd be perfectly reasonable and understandable if he felt the pressure of managing one of the biggest teams in a country in his mid 30s. The fact he did it very successfully for a while shouldn't be lost.

This is an important point - he will hopefully start to find some consistency the older he gets. He is the same age as Eddie Howe, and has been at 2 big European clubs already, and won trophies.

He will also want to settle down after 4 years of upheaval. Lets hope he and Everton can get it right this time.
The Everton Forum / Re: Yankee Roodle Dandy?
« Last post by Waltzer on 24 minutes ago »
Yeah but, theyre both young enough to have potential upsides and futures in the game.

Wayne was collared for drink driving some big pair of tits around Cheshire.

Just get rid hes a tit

Edit: this is what my argument has devolved to so quickly

Im not against the move but think we could be doing a typical Everton thing and chucking the baby out with the bath water, if the rumours are true Rooney is off, Baines is off, I suspect Jags wont be too far behind, who will be the leaders in the club, the people that have a real affinity with the club during this transition? We've only really got Coleman left, but then again maybe if Wayne is a bit disruptive when not playing its best for all parties if he goes?
« Last post by brap2 on 28 minutes ago »
Is 150k that bad when Klasseen and Sandro are both on 100k per week, one is leading goalscorer, huge name in the game, the others have done nothing yet Bill has alluded to the fact they'll both be back to give it another go!

Yeah but, they’re both young enough to have potential upsides and futures in the game.

Wayne was collared for drink driving some big pair of tits around Cheshire.

Just get rid he’s a tit

Edit: this is what my argument has devolved to so quickly
« Last post by brap2 on 29 minutes ago »
Good luck!

Cant even drive la, good luck to wazza in the passenger seat!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10