Poll

Who would you rather have?

Sigurdsson for around 50m
46 (33.1%)
Barkley to stay
93 (66.9%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: July 26, 2017, 03:06:56 PM

Author Topic: Sigurdsson v Barkley  (Read 4319 times)

July 12, 2017, 03:46:30 PM
Reply #15

plumber

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 04:47:45 PM by plumber »

July 12, 2017, 03:53:49 PM
Reply #16

BlueForYou

Heart says Barkley

Head says Sigurdsson

Heads it is
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

July 12, 2017, 03:58:15 PM
Reply #17

arteta4spain

This has probably been said quite a few times but to reiterate;
Due to loosing Lukaku we need to create a hell of a lot more chances from other areas. We have to be honest and say that replacing Lukaku will be difficult. Bringing Sigurdsson in will hopefully address that. If there's more/better supply and his stats prove this. Having a "less capable" striker won't be such a bad thing. Hopefully!

July 12, 2017, 04:05:23 PM
Reply #18

Waltzer

The it's not our money argument is utter nonsense. Unless you are suggesting it's unlimited

Its not, im assuming Walsh and Koeman know what is in the kitty is and if they feel they can get in the players they want within the funds available then its irrelevant what he costs. What we're almost implying is that they dont have a clue what they're doing if they spend 50 million on Sigurdsson as that means we cant get player X, but there is no evidence that that is the case.
Although to address your later point it was Moshiri that told TalkSport:

"We have no restrictions to spend,"

July 12, 2017, 04:09:50 PM
Reply #19

dangermouse

So it looks like it is going to be one or the other to me, for me it has to be Sigurdsson, as much as I love Barkley and will be devastated to see him go, I really don't think him and Koeman gel and that's not good for anyone...I really think Ross has fucked this one up tbh.

How many minutes of football have you watched Sigurdsson play?

I am concerned though that it seems like Barkley wants away.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

July 12, 2017, 04:11:08 PM
Reply #20

dangermouse

On the face of it id say the better player is Sigurdsson,hes more consistent and regularly deliveries and therefor he would be a good addition to the squad. Confused as to the relevance of putting a price on him, unless were saying its like horse racing and if they are better/cost more they have to run around with weights on to slow them down to make it even?
Its not our money, just worry about getting the best players we can on the pitch!!

Interested to know what you base your evaluation of Sigurdsson on.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

July 12, 2017, 04:18:00 PM
Reply #21

Toddacelli

Use the Sig money to improve Barkely's contract and make him happy.

"Where's the Sig money Bill?"

"Ross has got it!"

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 12, 2017, 04:35:30 PM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ross Barkley all day long with his eyes closed.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 12, 2017, 04:38:00 PM
Reply #23

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
At the end of the day, neither seem to have what is required to take us to the next level.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

July 12, 2017, 04:39:02 PM
Reply #24

GoodisonPk

Barkley has had his chance and seemingly doesn't want to fight for a spot anymore. I would have Sigurdsson.

July 12, 2017, 04:39:53 PM
Reply #25

Lincs Toffee

How many minutes of football have you watched Sigurdsson play?

I am concerned though that it seems like Barkley wants away.
About as much as most on here I expect, along with maybe all the YouTube clips....and yes granted they only show the good bits. In an ideal world I would want them both, but as you say I do think Barkley does not want to be here anymore.
Bottom line is I don't think we would miss Ross on the pitch if we got Sigurdsson, Ross still needs improvement in certain areas (final ball/Vision)...Sigurdsson has those and that's what we lack.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

July 12, 2017, 04:42:34 PM
Reply #26

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
First there was the barkley thread, then the sigurdson thread, now what we've all been waiting for the barkley/sigurdson thread

As long as it's better than Alien v Predator
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 12, 2017, 04:47:07 PM
Reply #27

Lincs Toffee

As long as it's better than Alien v Predator
Me too that was worse than shit !....I had reservations about posting this but hey wtf
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

July 12, 2017, 04:48:48 PM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Rather have Barkley that sigurdson for 25mil

July 12, 2017, 04:49:47 PM
Reply #29

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I honestly don't think (and I've said it before) that Ross has the mental toughness to become the player he could be. I think he is one of those that needs an arm around the shoulder when things are not great and if he doesn't get it he doesn't function as well. If he leaves I don't think he will ever fulfil his potential with a Koeman type manager.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: