December 13, 2017, 11:06:16 PM

Author Topic: [News]Blues make Dyche their number one target  (Read 4912 times)

November 02, 2017, 12:42:13 AM
Reply #15

cantoffee

Paul Lambert MkII

deCoubertin

November 02, 2017, 12:42:56 AM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If this is true we're at the Paul Lambert stage of following Villa's path.

Are we really trying to emulate Burnley here? They've scored 2 more goals than us and we've been absolute woeful in front of goal. Plus three of those were in that game at the start of the season versus Chelsea when Chelsea played most of the game a man down.

Is that really the scope of our ambition?

November 02, 2017, 12:43:17 AM
Reply #17

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

November 02, 2017, 12:44:49 AM
Reply #18

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Where the fuck is Pepe Mel when you need him.

November 02, 2017, 12:47:57 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The English simeone get on board boys we’re riding this baby to the top
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 02, 2017, 12:48:21 AM
Reply #20

Redartin

He's very much no one's first choice but no one's worst choice either. He's the footballing equivalent of Bon Jovi

Beg to differ. He is my worst choice. Firmly believe managers can only go so far, for example Moyes always had us in roughly 6th position, when he went to Utd 6th was his limit. Dyche in my eyes has a limit of 14th/15th downwards. Give him a year max, another year wasted and god knows how much he'll piss away on Championship players. Fuck!

Edit: just to clarify, he is my worse choice, Big Sam shouldn't even be mentioned.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 12:57:45 AM by Redartin »

November 02, 2017, 12:54:30 AM
Reply #21

bluenuck

If this is true we're at the Paul Lambert stage of following Villa's path.

Fuck me, it's getting more and more similar every day now... :'(

November 02, 2017, 12:56:38 AM
Reply #22

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Given the budget he has and the fact that Burnley are in transition from a Championship side to a Premier league side what has he actually done wrong?
He would appear to have achieved a lot and (don't forget it's all rumours at the moment anyway) is ready to move up a level. Young, ambitious, successful.
Of course it's a risk but so is every managerial appointment at every football club around the world. So is every big money signing. So is every youngster signed forthe future. And so on and so on.

Collectively we are a whingeing, pessimistic, want something for nothing, arrogant bunch at times. Worst of all, we come over just like Man Unt, Chelsea, Arsenal and every other bunch of saddos who want it all and want it all now!
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

November 02, 2017, 01:05:43 AM
Reply #23

D15TIN

Got to get behind him if he comes in

regardless of what we might think

November 02, 2017, 01:15:54 AM
Reply #24

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Looking at this objectively. He may not be the 'name' we crave or think we need to push on but he is someone who has learnt his trade and brought a team up and who are now competing in the PL. We often talk about the glass ceiling and maybe at another club he can smash through that ceiling in a way he's not able to at Burnley. When people compare Moyes' failure at Utd I think that's unfair. Moyes was always on a loser taking that job after SAF, if he'd have come in after LVG I think he may have had more success.

Dyche not my first choice but he's no where near my bottom choice. This article may have been posted before but it's a fair read and gives me some optimism if he is appointed

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/13/sean-dyche-englands-diego-simeone/amp/
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 02, 2017, 01:16:58 AM
Reply #25

Coyb12

Given the budget he has and the fact that Burnley are in transition from a Championship side to a Premier league side what has he actually done wrong?
He would appear to have achieved a lot and (don't forget it's all rumours at the moment anyway) is ready to move up a level. Young, ambitious, successful.
Of course it's a risk but so is every managerial appointment at every football club around the world. So is every big money signing. So is every youngster signed forthe future. And so on and so on.

Collectively we are a whingeing, pessimistic, want something for nothing, arrogant bunch at times. Worst of all, we come over just like Man Unt, Chelsea, Arsenal and every other bunch of saddos who want it all and want it all now!
Want it all now you say,we have won fuck all for over 20years.

November 02, 2017, 01:22:12 AM
Reply #26

Macca77

If this is true and he does come here then he will have my support 100%.

Yes he is a very underwhelming choice but let's not right him off just yet eh

November 02, 2017, 01:23:12 AM
Reply #27

blue slug

It's mad to see how we seem to have gone from all happy with money coming in etc and looking forward to the future to complete capitulation in a matter of months

November 02, 2017, 01:40:45 AM
Reply #28

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think its a little unfair to bracket him alongside Allardyce, in fairness. He's done an exceptional job at Burnley. It's not hugely ambitious no, but infinitely better than Sam, in my view.

Actually think Allardyce was at least innovative when he was at Bolton.

His use of data / sports science gave him a usp which lifted them up the table.

I think most teams have caught up which is why his teams’ performances have slid back (a bit like Wenger with his dietary methods and more extensive scouting networks).

I’ve not come across anything re Dyche that lifts him beyond organisation.

Don’t want either but Dyche is massively underwhelming and ultimately more short term than an Allardyce 6 month deal as he’d expect (rightly if we’re approching him) at least 3 year deal.

November 02, 2017, 02:00:10 AM
Reply #29

Mayor Farnum