Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 80398 times)

November 11, 2017, 11:57:46 PM
Reply #1470

TheTone

Rumours today that it'll be Gordon Strachan until the end of the season.

deCoubertin

November 12, 2017, 12:10:06 AM
Reply #1471

Trowel

I'd prefer Michaela Strachan.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 12, 2017, 12:11:27 AM
Reply #1472

ally2

November 12, 2017, 12:12:05 AM
Reply #1473

ally2

I'd prefer Michaela Strachan.

I'd prefer Gordon Ramsay

November 12, 2017, 01:45:00 AM
Reply #1474

SANA_DR0

I'd prefer Gordon Ramsay

we'd get some amazing quotes from him.

looks more un fit than Unsworth tho :p

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:46:22 AM by SANA_DR0 »
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 12, 2017, 03:01:53 AM
Reply #1475

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Silva' name going to do the rounds in the Sunday papers apparently
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 12, 2017, 03:10:08 AM
Reply #1476

KoemansNumberTens

Silva' name going to do the rounds in the Sunday papers apparently

He's second favourite at 3to1 now

These markets are crazy. Unsworth has been odds on, big Sam and dyche have been 6/4 and now Silva is 3to1

If you'd layed them all when they were short you'd have a big profit already and there's a decent chance it won't be any of them

November 12, 2017, 03:11:37 AM
Reply #1477

KoemansNumberTens

Think all 4 have been at least 10 to 1 and unsworth and silva were over 20s for certain

November 12, 2017, 03:32:35 AM
Reply #1478

Mayor Farnum

If it was anyone out of work surely we would have got it wrapped up by now.

November 12, 2017, 05:56:57 AM
Reply #1479

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Oh well, can't see anything in the early stories. What a pile of shit
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 12, 2017, 06:02:07 AM
Reply #1480

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Itching to see us make some sort of move on this.

November 12, 2017, 06:31:12 AM
Reply #1481

Jamokachi

It does seem, as mentioned earlier in the thread, that if we were going for a free agent this would have been sorted by now.

November 12, 2017, 07:51:18 AM
Reply #1482

Shogun

Administrator
I am so torn on Silva.

I like managers who have a certain way of playing because I think it brings some sort of identity to the side and Silva's style in particular seems to get the best out of the majority of players. Watford have had ten different goalscorers in the league this season whereas we've had four and that was only doubled last weekend. Considering we have no real recognisable striker and have brought in the likes of Sigurdsson, Sandro, Klaassen and Rooney to replace Lukaku's goals then you'd expect Silva to get a lot out of those players.

I do worry that he conceded seven in a match with Hull against Spurs last season and six against Man City this season. They threw away leads at Chelsea and against us in Martinez fashion but then, how much of that was his fault? Is it is fault that his keeper got injured? Is it his fault that their CB allowed Niasse to nick the ball and score? Is it his fault that Holebas fell over? probably not. However he also allowed Cleverley to take charge of the penalty which is a Martinez-esque decision considering Richarlison and Gray were on the pitch.

I have no idea what he'd do with our defence. We probably do have better individuals at the back than Watford but we lack so much pace that I don't think it suit's Silva's style at all.

Perhaps Martinez has just clouded my view of any manager that plays that sort of football but he'd be a better option than most. I don't think he's flavour of the month either. You can't just ignore his achievements with Estoril (which were outstanding), Sporting and Olympiacos because they weren't jobs on these shores.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:55:21 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 12, 2017, 02:18:30 PM
Reply #1483

GrantyBoy78

I am so torn on Silva.

I like managers who have a certain way of playing because I think it brings some sort of identity to the side and Silva's style in particular seems to get the best out of the majority of players. Watford have had ten different goalscorers in the league this season whereas we've had four and that was only doubled last weekend. Considering we have no real recognisable striker and have brought in the likes of Sigurdsson, Sandro, Klaassen and Rooney to replace Lukaku's goals then you'd expect Silva to get a lot out of those players.

I do worry that he conceded seven in a match with Hull against Spurs last season and six against Man City this season. They threw away leads at Chelsea and against us in Martinez fashion but then, how much of that was his fault? Is it is fault that his keeper got injured? Is it his fault that their CB allowed Niasse to nick the ball and score? Is it his fault that Holebas fell over? probably not. However he also allowed Cleverley to take charge of the penalty which is a Martinez-esque decision considering Richarlison and Gray were on the pitch.

I have no idea what he'd do with our defence. We probably do have better individuals at the back than Watford but we lack so much pace that I don't think it suit's Silva's style at all.

Perhaps Martinez has just clouded my view of any manager that plays that sort of football but he'd be a better option than most. I don't think he's flavour of the month either. You can't just ignore his achievements with Estoril (which were outstanding), Sporting and Olympiacos because they weren't jobs on these shores.
Agree with that. Silva seems to set up his teams to counter attack with strong, pacey players...erm, we don't have any. He'd want to do a lot of wheeling and dealing in Jan to put his stamp on the squad. Have the board got the stomach to spend loads more money and potentially move on some of their 'flops'? Also have concerns he has a bit of 'Martinez' about him but, as you said, this can be down to just managing average players who make mistakes.
And why doesn't he stick around anywhere for more than a year? This can probably be explained away - Portuguese/ Greek teams always have a revolving door of managers and Hull got relegated.

I still think this squad is best suited to someone like Dyche who can just make us solid, defend deep and nick games - before looking to evolve our style of play. People don't want to hear it as they have romantic ideas of someone coming in and turning us into a free-flowing, attacking team over the course of a couple of months...it's not happening lads.

November 12, 2017, 02:44:40 PM
Reply #1484

Mayor Farnum

Alarm bells should have rang regarding Silva when his team conceded three in one half against us!

If we go for Dyche it would be a managerial appointment with all the sophistication of a game of Pass The Parcel. Whoever has a team punching above their weight outside the top six at the exact time that we sack our manager gets the prize.